Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Doc67 »

Courts prepared to try violators of measures to curb C-19

There are going to be some crucifixions coming up soon...

The Ministry of Justice has prepared courts in the capital and provinces to try violators of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The move comes after Prime Minister HE last week ordered Justice Minister Koeut Rith to push for the enforcement of laws on measures to combat COVID-19 and work with court officials to establish a court to put quarantine violators on trial, as the Kingdom is facing an alarming COVID-19 situation.

“The judges and court officials will have to be equipped with personal protective equipment during the court process,” Mr. HE said. “A treatment facility will be needed if the offenders are tested positive for COVID-19, but they have to face the consequences of their own actions.”

If little plastic screens protect you, why can't we install them in the bars and get on with life?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50840125/c ... curb-c-19/
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:42 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:36 am
Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:34 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:45 am Must be incredibly intelligent West Point logic, beyond my simple understanding.
i would have thought the 'elite' would have been vaccinated by now
but perhaps they need to get their pals and staff done too ahead of 'eligible' groups

i wonder if domestic staff will be allowed to travel to work?
probably they'll be forced to stay and sleep in the garage
rather than her excellency doing the dishes
The elite is not only scared of the virus, but also scared of angry mobs filling the streets if things spiral out of control.
One if the reasons for the curfews and lockdowns.
If the last year has shown us anything, it's that curfews and lockdowns only end up stoking resentment and rebellion towards 'the establishment'. This past year has seen an unprecedented number of protests and protest movements in many countries, either directly, indirectly or not related to covid at all.

The devil makes work for idle hands...
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm
If little plastic screens protect you, why can't we install them in the bars and get on with life?
...And if the tens of thousands of screaming, fighting BLM protesters filling the streets in the USA last summer really didn’t cause any increase in covid cases because most of them were supposedly wearing masks, then why can’t we all put one on and go party in a crowded night club?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:33 am
Brody wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 am Let's be honest, this lockdown has been a joke so far.
It has been...............but no one will be laughing if HE extends it again, like he's been threatening to do.
I think it's certain that it will be extended. Cities that go into lockdown see cases numbers rise after two weeks as the spread is revealed through increased testing and hospital admissions. That's in normal countries.
Also expecting it to be extended. Don't really understand the narrrative though. Every day the newspapers (mainly KT) say something along the lines of "Numbers still high even after curfew/restrictions/lockdown implemented. Are they really expecting the numbers to fall a day after restrictions are imposed? it takes a minimum 2 weeks to see any effect.

Not sure if that is the message from above or just poor journalism
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm Courts prepared to try violators of measures to curb C-19

The Ministry of Justice has prepared courts in the capital and provinces to try violators of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The move comes after Prime Minister HE last week ordered Justice Minister Koeut Rith to push for the enforcement of laws on measures to combat COVID-19 and work with court officials to establish a court to put quarantine violators on trial, as the Kingdom is facing an alarming COVID-19 situation.

“The judges and court officials will have to be equipped with personal protective equipment during the court process,” Mr. HE said. “A treatment facility will be needed if the offenders are tested positive for COVID-19, but they have to face the consequences of their own actions.”

All this talk but still silence on the whores who started this.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:56 am Second AZ dose is 12 weeks after the first.
the trials were all 28 days IIRC
the 12 weeks is logistics
in fact i think they had to test to confirm waiting longer than 28 days for the second shot was still effective

i can't think why they would halt regularly scheduled vaccinations for 3 days

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:57 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:56 am Second AZ dose is 12 weeks after the first.
the trials were all 28 days IIRC
the 12 weeks is logistics
in fact i think they had to test to confirm waiting longer than 28 days for the second shot was still effective

i can't think why they would halt regularly scheduled vaccinations for 3 days
That's right, the UK just took a flyer. There is no need to wait 12 weeks, at 28 days all the AZ recipients should be called up for their second dose.

I think they are cancelling because of a much more stringent lockdown for the next few days.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

going to get vaccinated would seem to be quite a valid exception to the house arre, uh, lockdown rules

are they just going to shut down the vaccination centers for 3 days
or will we see streams of vip ambulances?

of course we won't be able to see a thing in any case

monstra mihi bona!
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:41 am
Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:34 am
Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:45 am Must be incredibly intelligent West Point logic, beyond my simple understanding.
i would have thought the 'elite' would have been vaccinated by now
but perhaps they need to get their pals and staff done too ahead of 'eligible' groups

i wonder if domestic staff will be allowed to travel to work?
probably they'll be forced to stay and sleep in the garage
rather than her excellency doing the dishes
Unless they have had their second jab they are not protected. The AZ one arrived on March 2nd, so they won't have rolled out the second dose yet, although the first dose does give a good level of protection.

The Chinese one (that's most of them) is not showing good results after just one dose. There is a lot of people out their that think they are protected and might get careless, Covid-19 has already got their Sec of State for Information. I bet he would of had a shot already.
NOT TRUE!
The first AZ jab gives you 80% protection. Meta studies from your country, DOC. (GB) I guess.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

atst wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:36 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm Courts prepared to try violators of measures to curb C-19

All this talk but still silence on the whores who started this.
..... " they " ( NOT the bitches) got their money already ( 5 M. I read somewhere), nobody talks/blames/ mentions anything about the bitches anymore!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic