Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Doc67 »

I went out this mornig at 7.30 to Super Duper on Street 200/63 from Street 154/19 in Daun Penh.

No road blocks or any official presence whatsoever. People out and about in small numbers, much like a normal KNY day 2.

Super Duper was empty and plenty of tinned and frozen stuf available, the meat, fruit and veg has taken a pounding but that's no surprise. Could still buy melons bananas and apples though. This is nothing that is not expected at KNY anyway.

If this is lockdown, this is manageable, and there is no need to panic into anything.

Here's some pics.

bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Can I get food delivered to someone that is ill in Phnom Penh? Can she go out at all today? I see one of our gentle readers and Just contributors has gone out but what about locals around Central Market, will they also have this choice to go out? Any info really helps, as I am stuck up north for more time it looks like, we have had very few cases here but nonetheless just enough of a spike to cause alarm and a lock down or two.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

From the KT article it reads like they had thought about food purchases and planned for them to continue.
In that case, the leaking really did a disservice to everyone.
Note that announcing in advance (even >24 hours) has also led to long lines in other countries.
(And the infamous shortage of toilet paper.)

Ppl are not only concerned about not being able to buy food but also not being able to buy what they want.
That alone can trigger the lines.
Matthew Robinson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Matthew Robinson »

There are so many inconsistencies in the translation of the document I've seen. e.g. you can apparently go outside for 'sporting activities' providing such activities involve no more than two people. Does this mean you can go out to exercise - and, if so, is that part of of your three ex-house trips, or can you do that every day, but for four of those days you can't buy food while returning home?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Matthew Robinson wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 am There are so many inconsistencies in the translation of the document I've seen. e.g. you can apparently go outside for 'sporting activities' providing such activities involve no more than two people. Does this mean you can go out to exercise - and, if so, is that part of of your three ex-house trips, or can you do that every day, but for four of those days you can't buy food while returning home?
This was going to be my excuse (exercising by riding my bike), as I had to drop off some cat food to some monks, but I didn't get stopped. Lucky Sorya was operating as usual with shelves all well stocked and hardly any customers, and half of the ones that were, were taking photos. Stopped and gave some cyclo guys some money as they will be hurting through this. Will get takeaway rice porridge from the lady on the corner tomorrow for the same reason.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Matthew Robinson wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 am There are so many inconsistencies in the translation of the document I've seen. e.g. you can apparently go outside for 'sporting activities' providing such activities involve no more than two people. Does this mean you can go out to exercise - and, if so, is that part of of your three ex-house trips, or can you do that every day, but for four of those days you can't buy food while returning home?
Stop thinking to much, anything to do with any government restrictions around covid will just make your head spin . :thumb:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Unofficial translation

Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Watching the street outside, hard to imagine there is a lockdown on, just as busy as on a normal KNY day
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:17 am Watching the street outside, hard to imagine there is a lockdown on, just as busy as on a normal KNY day
Can't stop people going out to buy food but give it a couple of days and many won't have money to buy food, then what.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I think you can exercise as much as you like but max 2 people and must stay within your village. I guess we are all going to learn some new administrative geography.
It must be between 5am and 8pm of course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic