Coronavirus Diaries

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Coronavirus Diaries

Post by phuketrichard »

so, as i wrote before, someone call the number an see what happens,
seems simple enough to do:-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm so, as i wrote before, someone call the number an see what happens,
seems simple enough to do:-)
March 13, 2020
A third of the calls to 115, trivial: Ministry
The Health Ministry has called on people who prank-call the Kingdom’s emergency hotline to stop after the ministry’s communicable disease control department noted 30 percent of calls made about COVID-19 were pointless.

“People should only use the 115 hotline when there is useful information to provide,” CDC director Ly Sovann said.

Mr Sovann said callers should understand a bottleneck on the hotline is created when there are many incoming calls.

He said the CDC is cooperating with the Posts and Telecommunications Ministry to fix the problem.

“Our mission is not yet finished,.Officials will continue their mission to serve people’s health,” Mr Sovann said.

According to the CDC, the Kingdom’s 115 hotline was put in place to serve in case of an emergency. At present the ministry is taking calls regarding COVID-19.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50701264/a ... l-ministry
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Notes from the plague: inside Italy’s quarantine

A short but interesting read about someone in Milan.

https://capx.co/notes-from-the-plague-i ... -241803361
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Update Italy march 15th:

Italy shows a much higher death rate than estimated generally. Over 7% of people tested positive have died so far. Numbers still rising exponentially a week after lockdown. We have 6 times more infections per habitant than China. Roads and city centers are deserted. Intensive care units full in many places and medical staff working incredibile hours (they are considered heroesof the moment). Italy stands together, thats the good news. Loads of voluntary services have popped up caring for people who cant live independently. #Celafaremo ! (we will get throgh)

work is for people who cant find truffles
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

truffledog wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:02 am Update Italy march 15th:

Italy shows a much higher death rate than estimated generally. Over 7% of people tested positive have died so far. Numbers still rising exponentially a week after lockdown. We have 6 times more infections per habitant than China. Roads and city centers are deserted. Intensive care units full in many places and medical staff working incredibile hours (they are considered heroesof the moment). Italy stands together, thats the good news. Loads of voluntary services have popped up caring for people who cant live independently. #Celafaremo ! (we will get throgh)

Those figures are horrendous. I have spent many happy times in Italy and it saddens me that you are going through this nightmare.

Have the authorities released the demographic breakdown of the deaths?
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:24 am
truffledog wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:02 am Update Italy march 15th:

Those figures are horrendous. I have spent many happy times in Italy and it saddens me that you are going through this nightmare.

Have the authorities released the demographic breakdown of the deaths?
you can find detailed information in english here:

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronaviru ... %20ENG.pdf
work is for people who cant find truffles
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Meanwhile in Kampot... what virus ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Daniel1912
Tourist
Germany

Post by Daniel1912 »

They haven't understood it yet
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: 115

Post by Freightdog »

115. It’s a hotline contact. Used by doctors, too. It was the GP at Raffles who pointed me at it. GPs will call this line in case of a patient presenting with symptoms that meet the criteria-

-cough
& Fever mainly

Private individuals can contact it as well.
There is a long winded message first in Khmer, (I think there’s an English version, after) and then there is an opportunity to choose an option.
You’ll talk to a person who will take a basic history, and advise whether you meet the criteria, in which case visit the Khmer-Soviet hospital, or not.

Khmer-soviet hospital are handling the testing process- swabs, apparently. These are being sent to Pasteur for processing.
Apparently, results are available within 6hrs (this was about ten days ago)

The outpatient reception at Khmer Soviet is the first port of call. The patient priority is-

Nam Bai 12:00 to 14:00
Patients seen in order of aggressive disregard for the person in front of them in the queue. 1 person was manning (or womanning) the reception desk.
Sit and wait...

That’s as far as I got.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 115

Post by cautious colin »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:46 pm ...whether you meet the criteria, in which case visit the Khmer-Soviet hospital, or not.
Is it free? For locals and/or foreigners?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic