Rooms on Wat Bo Road

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Rooms on Wat Bo Road

Post by WildA »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:17 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm
SiemReapRoddy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 am You've convinced me I want to live down the river now ha

You're right, anywhere is accessible on a pushbike in little time.

All the stuff you said your mate had access to sounds great.

I basically want a quiet area with decent wifi, air con, desk/chair, fridge, and cooking area. Balcony a bonus.

Just one quick question if you don't mind because I don't really know much about the town. When you say down the river do you mean around area 1 or area 2 where there are apartments you can just show up and rent.

Or are there any road numbers/main attractions you can point me to?

I'll go through everything you said and take notes for future reference.

Thanks a lot.

Neither of those Roddy, I meant across the river - approx here. but as i said first and foremost. get a cheap guesthouse, get a bike and cycle around. see the neighborhoods for yourself. see if the amenities are what you want, and speak to the agents, ain't no point getting excited for an area to find there is no accommodation that suits your needs there. When are you moving anyway? I feel you've been about to move for about 8 months now and still haven't made it.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the help.

I will check out your circled area first, but will look around other areas to see how they feel too.

I will be moving in just over 1 week when my Thai visa runs out. I would like to be in long term apartment by first week of April.
If you look at the map, my place is on the 6 near Crows Nest Road. Across from the gym. There are places available in my building one and two brs and studios with no kitchen. Fabulous places but probably over your budget. But its a renters market right now and the place is pretty empty.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Rooms on Wat Bo Road

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Cool, that would be amazing so close to the gym.

Well my business is making month on month profits so hopefully by mid summer I'll be able to move up in the world.

I don't expect to spend the whole 12 months in a small room.

I've added all your notes and drawing to my Notability app, so I should be prepared when I arrive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic