Forget Corona, forget talk of world recession: here is truly devastating news!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Forget Corona, forget talk of world recession: here is truly devastating news!

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Judge Judy's show is ending after 25 years.

On Monday, Judge Judy Sheindlin announced on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” that the upcoming season of “Judge Judy” will be her last. The show will have run for 25 years by the time it concludes.

She probably won’t ever leave your TV screen, though – CBS bought her entire series catalogue for $US100 million in 2017, and her reruns may very well run in perpetuity. She also has plans for a new television show – “Judy Justice” – once “Judge Judy” wraps, though specific details about the upcoming project have yet to be revealed.

Sheindlin is famously one of the highest-paid women in daytime television – she pulled in $US47 million every year for just 52 days of filming. Forbes estimated her net worth to be $US440 million in June 2019, naming her one of the richest self-made women in America.

Full story: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/judg ... ney-2020-3
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Forget Corona, forget talk of world recession: here is truly devastating news!

Post by Freightdog »

Who’d a Thunk that doling out a little common sense while sneering down one’s nose could be so profitable? I need to repeat my request for a pay rise.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Forget Corona, forget talk of world recession: here is truly devastating news!

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh dear! Does this mean Bailiff Byrd is out of a job?

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog wrote:Who’d a Thunk that doling out a little common sense while sneering down one’s nose could be so profitable? I need to repeat my request for a pay rise.
Lady hustles the heck out of her ‘common sense’. She doesn’t get a ‘paycheck’ from ‘the man’ for this.
Ever see her interviews? She’s modest as all get go. All the litigants are flown out for the show and paid. It’s a risky proposition if it isn’t successful.

She takes all the risk, puts all the hustle into it. It happened to work out, and she got rewards from it.
Could have easily gone sideways, and she be penniless. It’s the American Dream. The chance to make it big (or to bite the dust).

I admire her. And wish her good luck on her future project.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic