Immigration Crackdown

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: Immigration Crackdown

Post by The Add Jay »

Its happened to 1 guy a know. I also included fucking pictures so that settles it for me. Not a rumor.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Whose pizza guy and why is he such a dick?

Ordinem ad Imperium
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Anchor Moy wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:FOURTEEN SIGNPOSTS TO SLAVERY
1. Restrictions on taking money out of the country and on the establishment or retenti
on of a foreign bank account by an American citizen.
2. Abolition of private ownership of hand guns.
3. Detention of individuals without judicial process.
4. Requirements that private financial transactions be keyed to social security numbers or
other government identification so that government records of these transactions can be
kept and fed into a computer.
5. Use of compulsory education laws to forbid attendance at presently existing private
schools.
6. Compulsory non-military service.
7. Compulsory psychological treatment for non-government workers or public school children.
8. An official declaration that anti-Communist organizations are subversive and
subsequent legal action taken to suppress them.
9. Laws limiting the number of people allowed to meet in a private home.
10. Any significant change in passport regulations to make passports more difficult to
obtain or use.
11. Wage and price controls, especially in a non-wartime situation
12. Any kind of compulsory registration with the government of where individuals work.
13. Any attempt to restrict freedom of movement within the United States.
14. Any attempt to make a new major law by executive decree (that is, actually put into
effect, not merely authorized as by existing executive orders.
Not quite sure what you are referring to here, AJ ?
9. Laws limiting the number of people allowed to meet in a private home.

Are you in Singapore or North Korea ?

More then half of those are in effect. This was written 45 years ago. Thats all...

Ordinem ad Imperium
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Pizzalover wrote: Now this screaming about USD 100 more per year (ok plus back fees) suggests that these high class expats are not as affluent as they claim. Perhaps, they will stop joking about low cost accommodation and fine but cheap restaurants and study those threads more carefully very soon. In short, the reality of Cambodian expats has come out at least for many of those concerned.
I doubt it's just an extra $100 per year or whatever that worries people. It is more about the uncertainty of future visa regulations and unknown future costs and also the apparent selective enforcement that some posters claim to have witnessed. How can any expat plan and invest in a future in Cambodia with so many uncertainties containing serious consequences, especially if they have local family obligations? You can't understand their concerns?
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

It is more about the uncertainty of future visa regulations and unknown future costs and also the apparent selective enforcement that some posters claim to have witnessed.

100% correct. My major worry is whats coming down the pipe. Especially with the ASEAN shoving its massive agenda to unite the region in its own "euro union" form.

More regulations...more rules...more taxes. Plain and simple. If PizzaLover(i doubt you even know what a good pizza is) cannot see this...well my friend...you fill in the blanks.

Ordinem ad Imperium
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Soi Dog wrote: You can't understand their concerns?
It seems Pizza Lover hasn't really been following this, and doesn't understand the issue at all. He might be in for a big surprise when he tries the "I can prove a lot of absentee time" line.
No big deal though, tourist visas will still be an option for people like him.
I've got my work permit pretty much sorted out already so it's not really an issue for me anymore, I had to sign my workbook today and now just have to wait for it to get processed by the MOL.
It may turn out to be a storm in a teacup but the signs seem to show otherwise. For example, a guy I work with has had a work permit for a few years. His wife, who is also a foreign national but doesn't work here, has had ministry officials on her case recently and also has to get a work permit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I believe that what AJ is showing is that the present American government's framework for taking away the civil rights of its citizens and exerting power and control by the elite political (attorney) class in America is being copied by corrupt countries like Cambodia.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This should clear up any remaining confusion on the issue:
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/mini ... its-76262/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Secret Squirrel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Secret Squirrel »

People who require a life without uncertainty have made a very curious choice of country to settle in.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

John Bingham wrote:This should clear up any remaining confusion on the issue:
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/mini ... its-76262/

I wish I hadn't read that.

Oh well, back to doing nothing about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic