Bridegroom Gets Punched Out for Noisy Wedding

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bridegroom Gets Punched Out for Noisy Wedding

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On the night of March 2, 2020, at 10:40 pm, a groom was attacked by his neighbor at his wedding party in Sangkat Chbar Ampov, Phnom Penh.

Before the incident, the victim was loudly enjoying the partying with his family and guests. However, the uninvited neighbors did not appreciate the noise, and they went into the party and told the bridegroom to stop the party because it was a late night and they wanted to sleep.
The newly wed husband ignored his neighbors request and continued the party. Then things got ugly, and a fight broke out between the neighbors and the wedding party. The neighbors were slightly injured, and the groom lost a tooth, while his brother recieved a bang on the head.

After the incident, the police took all of them to the police station for questioning. The next morning, on March 3, both sides filed a complaint against each other.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Bridegroom Gets Punched Out for Noisy Wedding

Post by fazur »

seems noise from weddings does annoy some khmers
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

fazur wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:18 pm seems noise from weddings does annoy some khmers
I know plenty of Khmer that get just as annoyed as any foreigner.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

sounds like a classic wedding from down my way, plenty of punch ups...
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Neighbors are usually invited? Maybe these people already dislike each other
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, as it's annoying as shit when a neighbor dies or gets married. I always thought it was supposed to be loud and annoying. It makes you think twice of killing your neighbor. "I'd kill the bastard, but the hell if I wanna be woken up at 4AM for the next 3 days straight, so I'll just steal a few mangos instead." :fighting:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 am I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, as it's annoying as shit when a neighbor dies or gets married. I always thought it was supposed to be loud and annoying. It makes you think twice of killing your neighbor. "I'd kill the bastard, but the hell if I wanna be woken up at 4AM for the next 3 days straight, so I'll just steal a few mangos instead." :fighting:
Says the man getting married in the near future... :D
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I love the Khmer wedding and funeral traditions.
If you want crickets...move ...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 am
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 am I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, as it's annoying as shit when a neighbor dies or gets married. I always thought it was supposed to be loud and annoying. It makes you think twice of killing your neighbor. "I'd kill the bastard, but the hell if I wanna be woken up at 4AM for the next 3 days straight, so I'll just steal a few mangos instead." :fighting:
Says the man getting married in the near future... :D
Haha, we even had the blaring music for the engagement ceremony. I have to admit, I took a little bit of joy of blasting ear-piercing music at 4 AM after all the countless mornings over a decade of waking up (or not being able to go to sleep) with that blasting somewhere nearby. The universe is a little more balanced now, and I'm sure I gave some neighbors the 'HAHA, PAYBACK, BITCHES!" look on the way out. :wink:

And then this until evening, just to make sure we didn't miss anyone:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The problem is of course that khmers do not do things by halves..

For example, if you got aircon..it must be turned to MAXIMUM.. Hence shopping centres, movie theatres and taxis are always freezing. A case of 'if you got it, flaunt it' maybe? Incidentally, this is not confined to KOW..it also annoyed the hell out of me in Thailand too. Indeed, seems to be an asian thing.. :unknown:

And so it goes with music..whether it's a promo stall flogging something in the street or in the shopping centre or a club or whatever, it has to be LOUD...the LOUDER the better coz only then will you get noticed :plus1:

Now in the case of a wedding, the bride and groom have gone to considerable expense to hire a DJ and so...they have to get their money's worth right? :clap: And besides, who wants to chat at a wedding..better to tuck into the grub and booze :whistler:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic