Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

DaveG wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:47 pm What you think guys/gals, previously treated and positive again!!!!,
Are the PCR tests picking up remnants of the dead virus or re infection 🤔🤔,

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... infections
its like Herpes,
once ya go it it, u got it for life
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I know they are a little concerned about the rona but it's bordering on mass hysteria, I mean ffs who would want to walk about with this on ya bonce,

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

for those "stuck here" their $$ are worth less,
the baht is staying strong...go figure

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Last week I looked at half a dozen currencies compared to the Thai baht after I noticed the strongly rising CA$ vs the $US kept falling in comparison with the THB. The list included the Chinese yuan, Euro, $CA, $AU, $NZ and $US. Every one of them lost big ground against the baht. I've seen some fresh stories pointing to massive capital inflows to buy Thai sovereign debt. But I don't know the ins and outs of this type of short-term deal hunting and why Thailand figures hugely in this activity.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

New info from the thai embassy in Phnom Penh

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/pu ... g-covid-19

These are recent additions/ changes from before;

1.7 Holders of a Tourist (TR) visa

1.9 Holders of a Non-Immigrant O (retirement

2.3 If you prefer land entry, you are allowed to enter Thailand via Klong Leuk (Aranyaprathet) border checkpoint only. You will be quarantined for 14 days in an Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) at Tawa Ravadee Resort (click). Reservation must be made directly with the ALQ at your own expense.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

^^^
And what about the other way, will cambodia reciprocate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm New info from the thai embassy in Phnom Penh

2.3 If you prefer land entry, you are allowed to enter Thailand via Klong Leuk (Aranyaprathet) border checkpoint only. You will be quarantined for 14 days in an Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) at Tawa Ravadee Resort (click). Reservation must be made directly with the ALQ at your own expense.
so if you get a tourist visa from the thai embassy in cambodia, its possible to enter thailand from cambodia (with ALQ booking)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm New info from the thai embassy in Phnom Penh

so if you get a tourist visa from the thai embassy in cambodia, its possible to enter thailand from cambodia (with ALQ booking)
Yep BUT read the requirements, 500,000 baht or equivalent in bank for 6 months ++++
still lots of hoops to jump thru,
cant see many tourists doing it...
a LOst High season..

Basically the same requirements now for every thai embassy
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Not much point in going through all those hoops to get to one of the main tourist resorts and find the majority of places closed.

. One friend did a month's tour of the main Isaan places and came ba ck underwhelmed, another is currently on Koh Lipe down south seeing low season as an opportunity so interested to hear his experiences on that one.

The Suvarnabhumi airport bus terminal next door to my condo is operating again with a reduced service of 4 buses a day, strange thing is I've noticed more suitcases loaded on the way out rather than people arriving, last remnants of tourist visa stragglers or maybe internal travel I don't know. I look across from my balcony in the evenings at the other blocks in my own condo and it's pretty much in total darkness, our significant proportion of European snowbirds who would normally be here now haven't appeared. Significant custom for the businesses in the immediate area lost.

In the past I've always heard bar/restaurant owners say it's not a bad low season that matters it's a good high season that counts. Well........
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 am

Yep BUT read the requirements, 500,000 baht or equivalent in bank for 6 months ++++
still lots of hoops to jump thru,
cant see many tourists doing it...
a LOst High season..

Basically the same requirements now for every thai embassy
yeah the requirements wont be a problem, just nice to know it will be an option
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic