Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cooldude »

cabron wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:10 pm
Cooldude wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:49 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:43 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:58 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm You will always have people who turn up late at the airport for their flights, scoffing at the idea of arriving early. Most of the time, I'd imagine they manage to make it, but when there are delays, these people will be the ones who will miss their flights

Anybody arriving at the airport the recommended 3hrs before an international flight shouldn't have missed their flight, my airline Emirates advised to get to the airport 4hrs in advance 2 weeks ago

I generally arrive at BKK about 4hrs before my flight back to the UK anyway
I generally aim for 90 minutes before and never missed a flight in several decades and hundreds of flights.
Since Covid, however, delays have got worse.

If you had turned up for my Emirates flight 2 weeks ago, just 90mins in advance, you would have missed the flight, same as you would have missed Cooldudes flight too

I prefer to turn up with plenty of time
I guess it comes down to this: When I have to turn up 4 hours early for less than an hours flight, I just stop using that airport until they get it sorted out.
Right, just stay away from airports.
That's exactly what I've done.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if i saw this,i'd for sure arrive early:

today:
Suvarnabhumi Passengers Urged to Arrive Early Amid Potential Delays
BANGKOK (NNT) - Suvarnabhumi International Airport has started rolling out upgrades to its security screening facility at its departure terminal. The airport also warned departing passengers of potential delays as checkpoints are partially closed due to this renovation.

Suvarnabhumi Airport has advised departing passengers of potential delays caused by renovation work at its security checkpoints where new equipment is being installed.

The airport is in the process of adding an automated tray return system at security checkpoints, where departing passengers are required to have their carry-on bags scanned for prohibited items.

The new tray system will help double the capacity at checkpoints from 3,300 passengers per hour to 6,650. Once in operation, passengers can expect a faster process and less congestion at the airport.

To handle the current situation, the airport said it is deploying additional staff members to help passengers and has coordinated with immigration police to ensure a sufficient number of personnel at passport control.

Nonetheless, departing passengers are advised to arrive at least 3 hours before departure time in order to avoid any unexpected situations.
https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/deta ... 5163350439
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

What's DMK like these days?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm You will always have people who turn up late at the airport for their flights, scoffing at the idea of arriving early. Most of the time, I'd imagine they manage to make it, but when there are delays, these people will be the ones who will miss their flights

Anybody arriving at the airport the recommended 3hrs before an international flight shouldn't have missed their flight, my airline Emirates advised to get to the airport 4hrs in advance 2 weeks ago

I generally aim for 90 minutes before and never missed a flight in several decades and hundreds of flights.

If you had turned up for my Emirates flight 2 weeks ago, just 90mins in advance, you would have missed the flight, same as you would have missed Cooldudes flight too

Actually I flew from BKK yesterday, arrived at 1100 for my 1230 flight. Had plenty of time for my flight. No problem when you fly with a baby.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm

Actually I flew from BKK yesterday, arrived at 1100 for my 1230 flight. Had plenty of time for my flight. No problem when you fly with a baby.
You could charge people to pretend they are with you! :chin:
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm

Except for the poor bastard seating besides you and the baby.
Boredom is like a shroud
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

My pet hate (back to pre-internet days) is when airports would tell you to arrive 3 hours before the flight despite your check-in desk not opening until 2 hours before.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

Can Cambodians extend the current Thai 45 day visa exemption on arrival for an additional 30 days? I recall they couldn't extend the 2 week visa although I maybe wrong. Aside it seems they'll extend the temporary 45 day visa exemption which is due to end at the end of the month to year end...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yes,
there has been nothing regarding they will or wont extend come march 31st
My $05,they wont, arrival figures are higher than they figured so no reason to
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

45 day visa waiver finished, back to 30 days on arrival

https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/natio ... n-arrival/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic