Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:19 pm Arrived at BKK couple hours ago from PNH, 8.5hr transit so thought I'd head out for a feed and a few beers as I've done in the past....got to Passport control and decided to scrap that idea, queues were all the way down the ramps and stretched for at least 100m back, then noticed a sign saying "approximate wait time 1 hour +".
I assume you checked the TV screen and the other ramp was even worse?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea checked both....couldn't be assed, if I still smoked I probably would have. Just walked past a few minutes ago and queues are much shorter now, too late to risk it though.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm Yea checked both....couldn't be assed, if I still smoked I probably would have. Just walked past a few minutes ago and queues are much shorter now, too late to risk it though.
I get access to the Oman Air lounge for $20 a pop. Superb middle eastern food and a shower available.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm Yea checked both....couldn't be assed, if I still smoked I probably would have. Just walked past a few minutes ago and queues are much shorter now, too late to risk it though.
I get access to the Oman Air lounge for $20 a pop. Superb middle eastern food and a shower available.
Went to the Qatar Airways lounge but they were closed, redirected to Miracle lounge which is free for QA silver and above members, not a bad wee lounge
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:53 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm
Went to the Qatar Airways lounge but they were closed, redirected to Miracle lounge which is free for QA silver and above members, not a bad wee lounge
The Qatar lounge at BKK is in a league of its own. Afaik no way of getting in other than holding a revenue-earning ticket.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@armchairlawyer , yep, have to be either Gold, Platinum or traveling Business or First Class for the QA lounge, and they're not open 24/7, only open 3 times per day for appx 3 hours each time.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:17 pm @armchairlawyer , yep, have to be either Gold, Platinum or traveling Business or First Class for the QA lounge, and they're not open 24/7, only open 3 times per day for appx 3 hours each time.
flyertalk.com is good for knowing all this detailed stuff.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

looks like its aa done deal:::June 1st

Air travelers to pay 300 baht; entry via land to cost 150 baht
Levy to spruce up tourist attractions, provide insurance cover
The government expects to collect about 3.9 billion baht in fees this year and a part of it will be used to provide health and accidental insurance cover for the tourists during their stay in the country, Phiphat said.

The levy will be added to air ticket prices, while the method of collections from entry by land has yet to be determined, the government said last year.
so the 300 by air won't be noticed any more than the 700 baht departure tax, already included for in air fares for years

still no mention if this will apply to Khmers, Laos, Malays, Burmese entering overland from their own country

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... fter-covid
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Well they could include another 300 Baht into the airfare and make the trip from the airport to downtown free of charge.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Just as bad today. Next time I will try the earliest flight. Took the 10.45 flight today, not recommended.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic