Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by newsgatherer »

Yeah, yeah, if everybody just would have gotten those jabs, there'd be no problems, right?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newsgatherer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:34 pm Yeah, yeah, if everybody just would have gotten those jabs, there'd be no problems, right?
Not just the jabs, also the boosters?

I don't know what Thailand means with 'fully vaccinated'.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:38 pm
newsgatherer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:34 pm Yeah, yeah, if everybody just would have gotten those jabs, there'd be no problems, right?
Not just the jabs, also the boosters?

I don't know what Thailand means with 'fully vaccinated'.
Neither does anyone else, including THAI Airways and the CAAT. All I've been able to come up with from the CAAT and THAI websites are these links. It seems to simply show vaccine brand and 2 doses, but nowhere does it define fully vaccinated. And the CAAT website is almost exclusively in Thai.

From THAI:
Fully vaccinated means someone who has had complete dose(s) of accredited vaccines according to the manufacturer’s recommendation at least 14 days from the date of departure. For accredited vaccines information please Click Here
All I can figure out is a full dose is what the manufacturer says is a completed dosage, one or two shots. Mostly 2 doses of most brands seem to mean someone is fully jabbed. << Speculative. Clicking here brings this:

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploa ... accine.pdf

There's an orphan asterisk over No. of Doses.

In conclusion, WTFKnows.

Anyway, concerns over dosages seem moot now. Well, for today anyway.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

What a shambles

I'm wanting to fly Wednesday ish. Yesterday I was so glad I'd not shelled out for my ticket yet and figured I sit winter out in Malaysia.

Now this..it's all well and good Thailand saying you can come come in..what if the airline won't allow me to board because they arnt up to date on the news..

I'm still thinking I'll fly into KL and then it's a short hop to Thailand and only a few quid out of pocket if rules change again.

Hope that makes some kind of sence.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a fiasco;
But like always Thailand comes out with crazy ideas and reverses them all to often. :facepalm:
Travellers, airlines and tour operators had a rollercoaster few days after Thailand reinstated its Covid-19 vaccination entry requirement, only to drop it again just hours later.

On Saturday, January 7, Thailand officials announced international visitors would have to provide proof of full vaccination before arriving in the country from Monday, January 9.

The decision was made in response to China reopening its borders on Sunday, January 8. To avoid discrimination, all international travellers would be asked to follow the requirement.

The announcement immediately garnered criticism and confusion from tour operators and travellers around the world. In a formal appeal to Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Phuket Tourist Association said guided tour operators had shown “the utmost concern regarding the changes to entry policy”.

Tour operators from Germany, France, the UK and other parts of Europe complained about the lack of warning and insufficient Government information, claiming thousands had cancelled bookings over the weekend.

On Monday, dozens of travellers shared their experiences on social media; some flew to Thailand and were not asked to show any documents, while others were stopped from boarding flights after failing to show Covid-19 vaccination documentation. Many claimed they were unaware of the rule until they reached the airport.
“In the real world foreign tourists are still being refused boarding as CAAT still hasn’t informed airlines,” he wrote on Twitter, explaining that information like this takes time to circulate.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/thail ... L2ARSPWIY/

they dont call it "Amazing Thailand" for naught

Qantas has now updated their travel requirements for #Thailand. Expect other airlines to updates theirs too.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Just booked a flight to KL

I'll get myself to bbk from there
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:37 am Just booked a flight to KL

take the train, great way to travel
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I guess the word has spread now, the Thai Government being the laugh of the week.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:25 am

take the train, great way to travel
It WAS, when they still sold ice cold beers on the Thai trains. Now it's just a waste of time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic