Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

make of this what you wish:

THAI NEWS REPORTS: Starting from Monday, passengers 18 and above arriving at airports in #Thailand must have been vaccinated or can show evidence of recently recovery from Covid. For passengers returning to countries that require testing before entry must have Covid insurance.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Well, I was going to go there in February to catch the Super Bowl, and even though I’m vaccinated and do have my paperwork, looks like I’ll be skipping Thailand for the foreseeable future. Don’t want to get over there or purchase a ticket and some other rules/requirements get put into place. Too bad, really wanted to go.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kenr wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:11 pm Well, I was going to go there in February to catch the Super Bowl, and even though I’m vaccinated and do have my paperwork, looks like I’ll be skipping Thailand for the foreseeable future. Don’t want to get over there or purchase a ticket and some other rules/requirements get put into place. Too bad, really wanted to go.
Wise decision, the situation is a bit obscure now.
Boredom is like a shroud
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Same here. Was planning to meet some friends in Thailand later next month but we all decided to skip Thailand all together now. 2nd year in row we decided to skip holiday in Thailand thanks to their erratic entry requirement decisions. And most likely will be skipping it in next few years too. Well done Thailand.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guys; dont worry with all the back lash that will take place, this "new" ruling will be reversed soon enough :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If you have been fully vaccinated you just show your card. What's the problem? I assumed I would have to show it anyway. Or am I missing something?

It sounds like they are trying to keep out hoards of Chinese who haven't been vaccinated.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

It's just so dumb to announce the rules on a Saturday and expect the airlines to enforce them from Monday on (some affected flights depart today already, actually).

That really causes unnecessary stress for many travelers, airline employees and travel agents. The virus won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

There was no vaccination requirement prior this Saturday. So unvaccinated people who had book their flights last month, flying on tonight, are now in trouble. Go and get a doctor for whole family with few hours notice on Sunday, maybe yeah? :D

Final kill for Thai tourism.
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:53 pm If you have been fully vaccinated you just show your card. What's the problem? I assumed I would have to show it anyway. Or am I missing something?

It sounds like they are trying to keep out hoards of Chinese who haven't been vaccinated.
What about when they turn around and require insurance? What about when they start enforcing a mask policy? What about when they implement a curfew?

One of the reasons I retired in Cambodia rather than Thailand was because of their fluctuating policies and mandates. Love the place, but it’s too unpredictable.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

I pass through thailand on the way ti cambodia.... but I guess this all means if you actually going into Thailand.... I'm vaccinated just will dig out the cert. Just incase
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic