Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:34 am
Jones wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:51 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:12 am so have all entry requirements been dropped now other than the usual proof of "onward travel" for people entering on the visa exempt stamp?
I didn’t have to provide proof of onward travel, only show vaccination status when checking in…
Which airline let you board without checking whether you had a visa or flight already booked out of Thailand ?
Hit or miss i am reading, one thing you can do is buy a cheap fake ticket
OR ask for the supervisor and sign a waiver so the airline is not responsible to return you

Many times flights in and around SE asia they dont ask for the onward ticket cause they are familiar with the ease of land borders. While flight originating from Europe/the states ask more often
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:58 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:12 am so have all entry requirements been dropped now other than the usual proof of "onward travel" for people entering on the visa exempt stamp?
I didn’t have to provide proof of onward travel, only show vaccination status when checking in…
Which airline let you board without checking whether you had a visa or flight already booked out of Thailand ?
Hit or miss i am reading, one thing you can do is buy a cheap fake ticket
OR ask for the supervisor and sign a waiver so the airline is not responsible to return you

Many times flights in and around SE asia they dont ask for the onward ticket cause they are familiar with the ease of land borders. While flight originating from Europe/the states ask more often
Yes, it is a hit or miss. Flew the same airline twice last month, one time they checked, one time they didn't care. The time they didn't care I traveled with my kid, the time they checked I traveled alone.
Jones
Tourist

Post by Jones »

Eva Air. Literally didn’t ask for anything except vaccination status
Jones
Tourist

Post by Jones »

^^ less than 2 weeks ago. Guess I was a bit lucky. I was flying from Amsterdam as well
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jones wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am ^^ less than 2 weeks ago. Guess I was a bit lucky. I was flying from Amsterdam as well
thanks
when someone posts travel into Thailand it would be very helpful if they posted;
1. where they flew from
2. when they flew
3. if they had a tourist visa or were expecting to get a visa exempt
4. were they asked at check in or / and at immigration

something that took place pre covid is not relevant
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Airline checked at check-in. In BKK I just needed to hold up the printouts before the face of the good-looking young lady. The EU symbol was already enough and she was not interested in actually checking it. At the Thai land border on entry at Aran nobody checked or even asked for proof. This was probably due to my recent entry stamp from BKK airport. Cambodian officials at Poipet were satisfied with seeing that I had printouts.

Thailand asks for 2 shots other places like Phils ask for 2 shots plus booster. Some people suffer because of oversight. You still can fly to Manila but would be quarantined. I just witnessed a case like that, so it might be worthwhile mentioning it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic