Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm Flew SR-BKK on Friday and back again today. Both flights were completely full. AirAsia could probably justify adding more flights at this rate.

Tourist area around Soi Rambuttri was absolutely packed on the evening that we wandered through there.
If you don't mind me asking what is the cost of that return flight ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:22 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm Flew SR-BKK on Friday and back again today. Both flights were completely full. AirAsia could probably justify adding more flights at this rate.

Tourist area around Soi Rambuttri was absolutely packed on the evening that we wandered through there.
Was $112.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:14 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:22 am

Was $112.
Thanks, very reasonable.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Effective Oct 1st 2022 until March 31st 2023 (6 months)

People who normally get in free on 30 day entries will instead get stamped in for 45 days.
AND
People from the 17 countries who normally bought a 15 day visa on arrival when they landed here for 2000baht will now get a 30 day visa on arrival
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:34 am Effective Oct 1st 2022 until March 31st 2023 (6 months)

People who normally get in free on 30 day entries will instead get stamped in for 45 days.
AND
People from the 17 countries who normally bought a 15 day visa on arrival when they landed here for 2000baht will now get a 30 day visa on arrival
I wonder which countries are in the lucky 17. Not Cambodia obviously.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:28 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:34 am Effective Oct 1st 2022 until March 31st 2023 (6 months)

AND
Cambodian's get 14 days visa exempt stamp, or they can get a tourist visa. but you know that :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

AND
To answer my own question, these are the countries:
Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, and Vanuatu.

Surprised to learn that atm all these nationals have to pay 2000THB on arrival and can only stay for 15 days with no extensions allowed.
Judging by the number of Indians that I saw in Bangkok recently, it makes commercial sense to relax the rules for them.
I'm surprised to see 4 EU countries on the list.

Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Korea and Peru already get 90 day visa exempt entry.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

AND
Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, and Vanuatu.

Surprised to learn that atm all these nationals have to pay 2000THB on arrival and can only stay for 15 days with no extensions allowed.
Judging by the number of Indians that I saw in Bangkok recently, it makes commercial sense to relax the rules for them.

Peru to Thailand? They should give them a medal!

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

AND

ONLY applies to VOA's
they can also obtain a 60 day tourist visa at an embassy an extend 30 days if they wish
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

July official tourist number confirmed. Last 3 months :

May 521,410 - 19% v 2019
June 767,497 - 25%
July 1,124,227 - 34%
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic