Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Alex »

Kenr wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:17 am I get it. It’s just that on one posting they will phrase it “$10,000 Covid Insurance” and on another they will phrase it “$10,000 Health Insurance”. But on that note, when applying for the Pass, does the individual who enters on a Non O-A need Covid Insurance to enter? It is my understanding, and please correct me if I’m wrong, most of the health insurance policies don’t cover covid.
If your health insurance doesn't cover Covid, then you do need extra Covid insurance.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:20 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm So what are the requirements for transiting through BKK these days? Do you require a PCR test and insurance?
vaccinated or negative pcr test 72 hours if not
Must have COVID insurance, ( $10,000) only 650 baht.
NOTE it states your covid insurance MUST cover length of ur stay >> BUT in reality you only need 30 days
https://aseannow.com/topic/1258452-non- ... insurance/
if you have health insurance ( if ur on a O-A) check an make sure it covers for covid

although cant see anyone Transiting Thailand on an O-A) :-) Arriving yes but transiting??
thai pass not needed for transit
PR, can you please confirm that - no Thai Pass for transit?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm So what are the requirements for transiting through BKK these days? Do you require a PCR test and insurance?
NOTE it states your covid insurance MUST cover length of ur stay >> BUT in reality you only need 30 days
if you have health insurance ( if ur on a O-A) check an make sure it covers for covid

although cant see anyone Transiting Thailand on an O-A) :-) Arriving yes but transiting??

I am talking about transiting. PNH - BKK - LDN or whatever. I don't want to actually go anywhere in Thailand. I don't know what an O-A is. Can anyone explain?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:30 am Is Koh Kong/Hat Lek border crossing open to "foreigners"?
Yes
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:53 pm

As long as your transit is airside, if.you have to collect your luggage then that means you need to pass through Immigration, which means you need to meet the Thailand entry requirements including Thai Pass. I've posted the link to the CAAT website with transit requirements several times.....but here it is again.... https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/cate ... -events-en
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:08 am

As long as your transit is airside, if.you have to collect your luggage then that means you need to pass through Immigration, which means you need to meet the Thailand entry requirements including Thai Pass. I've posted the link to the CAAT website with transit requirements several times.....but here it is again.... https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/cate ... -events-en
I am PP-BKK-LHR booked with Thai Airways, with a four hour layover. The PP-BKK leg is with Bangkok airways although listed as TG917. I assume that I am checked in all the way through?

Am I correct that all I need is: 1) a vax card and 2) insurance to be presented at check-in?

I have full medical insurance here but I am thinking just buy their $15 special so there are no issues with having to read a policy to check it complies.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:01 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:08 am

I am PP-BKK-LHR booked with Thai Airways, with a four hour layover. The PP-BKK leg is with Bangkok airways although listed as TG917. I assume that I am checked in all the way through?

Am I correct that all I need is: 1) a vax card and 2) insurance to be presented at check-in?

I have full medical insurance here but I am thinking just buy their $15 special so there are no issues with having to read a policy to check it complies.
As I arrived in Bangkok Friday from Saigon, there were separate, well marked channels for Thailand Pass arrivals and Transit passengers. And it certainly seems to me that the TG designator for the BKK Air flight means you'll be checked through. But I'd call TG just to make sure.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:01 am I am PP-BKK-LHR booked with Thai Airways, with a four hour layover. The PP-BKK leg is with Bangkok airways although listed as TG917. I assume that I am checked in all the way through?

As the above poster said, it looks like you're all good for airside transit and your baggage should be checked all the way through, however it is advisable to confirm directly with the airlines to be on the safe side.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Your insurance needs to specify Covid and coverage of $10k minimum (I can't imagine any medical policy specifying a lesser figure).

If both of those are satisfied, you are OK.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

John Bingham wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:04 am

I am talking about transiting. PNH - BKK - LDN or whatever. I don't want to actually go anywhere in Thailand. I don't know what an O-A is. Can anyone explain?
An O-A Visa is a 1-year retirement visa that you can get outside of Thailand before you arrive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic