Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by armchairlawyer »

Alex wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:20 pm No sharing of unwashed glasses, that's hilarious even by Thai standards! Open until midnight lol.
Can share a glass so long as you wash it first, I presume.
But does anyone particularly want to share a glass?
Not the most exciting of sinful pleasures.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

How long are these Thailand Pass's taking to be approved? Might need to travel before June 1st.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Grand Barong wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:14 pm How long are these Thailand Pass's taking to be approved? Might need to travel before June 1st.
now am reading 12-36 hours

After June 1st
Foreign nationals are still required to apply for a Thailand Pass (via https://tp.consular.go.th/), but will only need to provide passport details, vaccination, and an US$10,000 health insurance policy. The system will then automatically issue a Thailand Pass QR code for the applicants. Meanwhile, Thais will no longer be required to apply for a Thailand Pass.
https://www.tatnews.org/2022/05/thailan ... gWs1a94NA0
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

So what are the requirements for transiting through BKK these days? Do you require a PCR test and insurance?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

What they need to keep consistent is the $10,000 requirement wording. Is that $10k Covid Insurance or $10k Health Insurance? Those are two completely different things.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kenr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm What they need to keep consistent is the $10,000 requirement wording. Is that $10k Covid Insurance or $10k Health Insurance? Those are two completely different things.
Most people only need Covid insurance (not health insurance in general) to enter Thailand. And if you're not in that "most" group, you'll know when applying for your Thai visa (Non O-A, Non O-X).
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Alex wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:44 am
Kenr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm What they need to keep consistent is the $10,000 requirement wording. Is that $10k Covid Insurance or $10k Health Insurance? Those are two completely different things.
Most people only need Covid insurance (not health insurance in general) to enter Thailand. And if you're not in that "most" group, you'll know when applying for your Thai visa (Non O-A, Non O-X).
I get it. It’s just that on one posting they will phrase it “$10,000 Covid Insurance” and on another they will phrase it “$10,000 Health Insurance”. But on that note, when applying for the Pass, does the individual who enters on a Non O-A need Covid Insurance to enter? It is my understanding, and please correct me if I’m wrong, most of the health insurance policies don’t cover covid.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm So what are the requirements for transiting through BKK these days? Do you require a PCR test and insurance?
vaccinated or negative pcr test 72 hours if not
Must have COVID insurance, ( $10,000) only 650 baht.
NOTE it states your covid insurance MUST cover length of ur stay >> BUT in reality you only need 30 days
https://aseannow.com/topic/1258452-non- ... insurance/
if you have health insurance ( if ur on a O-A) check an make sure it covers for covid

although cant see anyone Transiting Thailand on an O-A) :-) Arriving yes but transiting??
thai pass not needed for transit
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I arrived in Bangkok from Saigon yesterday. As always, Vietjet can be depended on for being late, about half an hour after the departure time. Who knows why because Tan Son Nhat Airport was damned near empty on the departure side and at the taxi drop-off spot outside. I had switched from VN Air, arriving at 6:30 pm (Friday night Bangkok traffic is horrendous), to VJ803, arriving at 12:45 -- though we didn't arrive until 1:15ish. The flight was almost full, by the way, of mostly Vietnamese.

Getting through Bangkok Airport Friday, May 20 was pretty quick work. It was a long LONG walk from roughly Gates E7-8. At the first check station, which was at a crossroads of corridors, the checker looked at my passport, boarding pass, arrival card (TM6) and, of course, my Thailand Pass. She accessed the QR code and dutifully stamped a bunch of papers.

Then it was something like half a km walk to Immigration. Almost empty, except for our VJ flight. As far as I could tell, no other flights arrived at that time. Had my choice of officers. Did the check of passport, boarding pass, TM6 and briefly looked at the Thai Pass. Quite a long wait for my bag to arrive at the luggage carrousel.

My VietJet itinerary noted: Compulsory Health Declaration for VietJet Passengers (even though the VN government scrapped this). No one ever checked this. At SGN Airport, a VJ agent went up and down the lineup to photograph the Thai Pass QR code.

At BKK Airport, at no point did any one ask for proof of my $10,000 COVID insurance (underwritten by FWD Insurance). Not on Thai Pass either. My scam insurance cost 1500 baht/US$45 for 90 days.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Is Koh Kong/Hat Lek border crossing open to "foreigners"?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic