Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by armchairlawyer »

Raoul wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:16 pm Thailand pass to end on June 1st

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... -on-june-1
From the above-linked article:

As the government set a target for foreign arrivals of 7-10 million this year, he said delegates from the ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand plan to visit Saudi Arabia to sign a memorandum of understanding with Saudia, the nation's flag carrier, in mid-May.

The Middle East market can help to fill the void in the low season thanks to Thailand's abundant natural resources and rainfall, which matches this segment's travel interests, said Mr Phiphat.

In terms of the "We Travel Together" hotel subsidy scheme, the ministry has to calculate how much of the budget is left from the fourth phase. He said at least 1 million room nights could be added to support the off-peak season between June and September.

The Chinese can't come, the Russians can't afford to come, so they are going after the Saudis, who like to see rain. Don't they have flights from Jeddah to Manchester?
Oh, and more phantom Thai tourist bookings if there is any money left in the budget. What can possibly go wrong?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not sure this is real or not as ONLY Khmer times has it reported. Does travelers refer to anyone?
The checkpoint in Poipet on the Cambodia-Thailand border will open for travellers from May 1, according to authorities in Banteay Meanchey province. Due to Covid restrictions, until now the route was open only for trucks carrying goods.
The province’s deputy governor Ngor Meng Chruon said people can enter and exit the border crossing from Sunday.

Travellers who are fully vaccinated and carrying a passport or a letter of permission will be allowed to use the border crossing, reports said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501066518/ ... WbY4X83bhI
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

maybe a cheeky holiday to thailand in june then, god it would have been nearly just over 2 years since i been in thailand, shocking
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Seven and a half hour was all it took for my two applications this morning for my trip on 3rd May

ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I got mine after 33 hours for the 2nd of May. Had applied for the old one before, so I cancelled my SHA+ package hotel, after I got the new one. No issues with that and due to free of charge (Thailand pass and cancellation) just a bit waste of time. Easy and straight forward, if you have prepared your paperwork (in digital form).
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i travelled last august to LOS and this system is not really a waste of time, of course you spend some time, but you do from home, and once you arrive in a thai-airport, everything is quicker to check for them, thats all the princip behind it, can you imagine you arrive with a fully loaded A380 and the airport staff has to check every document, as it was in august ?? They just move the "paperwork" before flying, which is in my eyes a good thing, and avoids people getting denied (and loosing their air-ticket) once arrived at check in, when leaving their country, or, worse, when arriving in LOS.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i have seen Thailand many ups and downs over the past 38 years, but looks like recovery is on its way
saying 8-10 million this year< might be close

Today marks the first day that fully vaccinated visitors can come to Thailand without having to do any Covid testing or quarantine. 96 international flights are expected to land at Suvarnabhumi airport today with 16,868 passengers.

I expect all land borders open June 1st and thai pass will be a thing of the past along with the required insurance, ( fingers crossed)

I Think ( dont quote me on this) that this applies to Poi Pet border>
From the royal embassy of Cambodia in Bangkok FB page, https://web.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064317896902
Cambodia-Thailand border gate resumes operation from today (01 May 2020) but health measures are strictly implemented.
For Thailand passengers, the number of those who are entering Thailand are (1) fully vaccinated passengers (2) non-vaccination passengers and (2) those who are people in border provinces holding border certificates.
Presentation of Thailand Pass, vaccination card, insurance card within 10 income circle. $1,000, RT-PCR test results, and licensing are followed by type of passenger, as summarized below.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

still does not mentiopn if this applies to ALL land borders or ONLY Poi Pet

outside of the khmer times and the emabssies fb page no mnetion of this
strange as u'd think it would be newsworthy in some thai publication
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Currently they have only opened the Poipet-Aranyaprathet land border crossing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic