Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Doc67 »

jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:14 am It costs $80 just to pre-clear your vaccine and insurance credentials from 1st May?

Is this correct?
No its not. Since Test & Go started 6 months ago, it costs nothing to apply for the Thailand Pass

Are you sure you're looking at the official website ?
I was asking because of this post: post543825.html#p543825
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kenr wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:56 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:44 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:42 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:39 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:29 am Is that because of the cost of the insurance? I thought application for the Thai pass was free.
You have to have your own insurance (I think), so as from May 1st you need to upload your vaccine and insurance credentials. I can't see that justifying $80.
I can’t find any place where it states it costs $80. Hope it’s a joke.
Somebody will come to our rescue with the correct information...
Everything I have read states it doesn’t cost anything for the Thai Pass. I think someone might have been misinformed.
This guy: post543825.html#p543825
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The Thailand Pass system is a free-of-charge web-based system designed to make the documentation process of travelers entering Thailand more efficient than the Certificate of Entry application.
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-t ... iland-pass

insurance starts at 650 baht for 30 days ( an thats the old rate of $20,000) new rate of $10,000 might be less
https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

NOTE: Your insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of your stay in Thailand
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I am trying to register ThaiPass for May/3 arrival but failed as allowable dates to select stops at Apr/30. Dafug.

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Ok ok I’ve just gotten update from my agent. It’s true the ThaiPass registration website is not taking any new registration of ThaiPass for arrivals after 1st May. Was told when the government made the announcement of new policy, ThaiPass was still not ready so it’s undergoing modifications now.

Will be ready after 23.59h 29th April 2022. So basically can start your registration from 30th April onwards.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:37 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 am Thailand Tourist Arrivals - Thai Ministry of Tourism ( Source )

Jan - 133,903
Feb - 152,954
Mar - 210,836

I have an interest in watching how the nationality demographic recovers but they are pretty slow at publishing those figures, at the moment I only have January and the Russians were the largest by country which will obviously have changed.
Those figures are quite different to what has previously been posted on here for Jan/Feb 2022 ?
Not from me, these are the official foreign tourist arrival figures from the Ministry of Sports and Tourism. The often quoted 39.8m peak figure in 2019 is from the same source.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

the official statement was, that arrivals after 1st of May can apply for the Thailand Pass on the 29th of April
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:47 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:14 am It costs $80 just to pre-clear your vaccine and insurance credentials from 1st May?

Is this correct?
No its not. Since Test & Go started 6 months ago, it costs nothing to apply for the Thailand Pass

Are you sure you're looking at the official website ?
I was asking because of this post: post543825.html#p543825
" The Thai Pass is a major hurtle for visitors and costly $80 "

I have no idea what Cabron is on about I'm afraid, as applying for the Thai Pass is very simple & free
Raoul
Tourist

Post by Raoul »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

You can now apply for a Thailand Pass with the new entry rules that start on 1st May. Fully vaccinated arrivals do not need to do any kind of test or book a hotel. Should take less than 48 hours to get a pass.

if all goes well, ( infections keep dropping) i expect the thai pass eliminated June 1st and land borders open ( have read that poi pet will open May 1st, but i doubt it for tourists)

great time to visit thailand sans tourists ( no Chinese, few Russians)
BUT u need be aware bars still closing time is 11 ( or 12) pm
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic