Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:53 am Mate in BKK saying they have reduced the bar time closures back from 11pm to 9pm.

What is the point of that?
So you get an extra 2hours with your love you long time and your not pissed a win win
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:53 am Mate in BKK saying they have reduced the bar time closures back from 11pm to 9pm.

What is the point of that?
Don't look for a point, it will only drive you nuts.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Going to Pattaya. Why bother?!?!

Video recorded early last evening (Sunday) showed Tree Town square a shadow of itself, with signs here and there warning customers they can only enter if they had a negative ATK test within 72 hours. Even the front of Tree Town was largely empty after darkness set in, as were the tables in the food court. Many bars were populated with staff only. Some (actual) restaurants closed shop until further notice or for a day or two to get staff tested and cleanse the facilities. And the mobile test setups were gone.

Buakhao "bars" were much emptier compared to days ago when they were heaving.

The Chonburi governor ordered the restrictions, with no end date mentioned. Here's The Pattaya News description of the orders, posted Jan. 2:

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/c ... lishments/

Video starts at Tree Town scene. You can go back to the beginning.:

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kigna wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am
Cambodia admin expatonline warned me not to talk about covid. So you can no longer express your own free thoughts even on a forum....
Hmmm, is that what the warning said? Nice spin. Here's the forum warning, in full, you received through our system:

"Please, there is no need to bring Nazis and Covid up on EVERY topic. Thanks.

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=26&p=528432#p528432 ."

You're a one-truck pony, so I don't think we'll miss you in our discussions. Take care!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:33 pm Going to Pattaya. Why bother?!?!

Video recorded early last evening (Sunday) showed Tree Town square a shadow of itself, with signs here and there warning customers they can only enter if they had a negative ATK test within 72 hours. Even the front of Tree Town was largely empty after darkness set in, as were the tables in the food court. Many bars were populated with staff only. Some (actual) restaurants closed shop until further notice or for a day or two to get staff tested and cleanse the facilities. And the mobile test setups were gone.

The Chonburi governor ordered the restrictions, with no end date mentioned. Here's The Pattaya News description of the orders, posted Jan. 2:

It is busier than I imagined it would be.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:14 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:33 pm Going to Pattaya. Why bother?!?!

It is busier than I imagined it would be.
Yep. Another video last night (Monday), taken mid-evening, shows lots of Tree Town activity compared to early evening in the previous video. Ministry of Public health officials and police are also shown starting their rounds, rousting customers from bars and making sure they close at 9 pm.

Overall, I'd say it's not exactly a convivial atmosphere. I also expect CCSA to extend the restrictions to month's end. It's even conceivable that infection friendly Omicron will push restrictions well into February. Alas.

I now have two friends with Omicron, mild symptoms. They're already getting better after only several days.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:47 am
MG3 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:09 am
I don't think a thailand pass is required for transit if on a single ticket.
Correct...

INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS

Travellers can transfer at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport between international flights booked on the same ticket, when the transiting time does not exceed 24 hours. Passengers must not leave the transiting area and are not able to enter Thailand.

Please note that all required documents, including those in digital format, must be printed to be presented at check-in and to the relevant immigration authorities:

1. COVID test by RT-PCR method with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, issued within 72 hours before departure

OR

A certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19 for more than 14 days before the travel date, with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization or the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand

And,

2. Travel health insurance policy (worldwide or including Thailand) covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID-19, for no less than 50,000 USD. Please print the insurance certificate and all pages of the terms and conditions on the COVID coverage and medical benefits (passengers may be refused boarding if they can not show that their insurance meets these requirements)
Thanks for all your great advice PSD-Kiwi.

I understand that all flights have to be on the same ticket. Is it acceptable if this is booked by a private travel agent?
Many thanks in advance!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Uncle-V yes, as long as they book the flights on a single booking
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

thanks so much. I really appreciate it ))
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

looks like its official now, so omicorn and thailand has basically ended the high season for 21/22 with new regulations an now a 300 baht fee, for entry ( at least it will be added to plane ticket so 99.9% wont even notice it) not sure how they will handle land crossings, once of course they open again.
Jan 12 (Reuters) - Thailand is planning to collect a 300 baht ($9) fee from foreign tourist from April to develop attractions and cover accident insurance for foreigners unable to pay costs themselves, senior officials said on Wednesday.

.....The new fee will be priced in with airline tickets and is part of the government's sustainable tourism plans, government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 022-01-12/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic