Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

"According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, if your applied for reentry date is beyond January 10 and it is approved then you can still re-enter via Test and Go. "

this makes 100% zero sense to me<
so if ur one of the 100,0000 that was already approved or one of the 90,000 that are still pending and it is approved,
you can visit >
????
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Alex wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:08 pm Well that was short-lived, but I'm not surprised. To me it just confirms that you cannot make any plans, as things can and do change quite literally over night.
Yes, indeed. A pile of people in my condo just flew out to the UK, US, France and elsewhere the last few days for the holiday period, some of them teachers due to return early January. They're screwed If the gov extends the suspension period, which I think is a given.

Oops, it just hit me, as I write this in Pattaya, where I am for a week. What if Bangkok or Chonburi locks down? :facepalm:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:34 pm
Alex wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:08 pm Well that was short-lived, but I'm not surprised. To me it just confirms that you cannot make any plans, as things can and do change quite literally over night.
Yes, indeed. A pile of people in my condo just flew out to the UK, US, France and elsewhere the last few days for the holiday period, some of them teachers due to return early January. They're screwed If the gov extends the suspension period, which I think is a given.

Oops, it just hit me, as I write this in Pattaya, where I am for a week. What if Bangkok or Chonburi locks down? :facepalm:
A Christsmas sesh in the Buakhow/Lk Metro area ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:14 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:34 pm

A Christsmas sesh in the Buakhow/Lk Metro area ?
PM sent.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From Facebook: A foreign tourist reportedly ran off to Koh Samui on arrival in Thailand, before receiving his first Covid test result (positive). Thai officials not impressed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The guy surely is a dick but human nature being what it is... I wouldn't be surprised if his rapid test actually came out positive rather than negative as he claims...so he did a bolter.

Then again, if the Thai authorities are going to have a testing scheme like this and not have strict associated security, then they shouldn't be surprised if this happens.

Much better the Cambodian system of waiting an hour at the airport for the rapid test results. All academic now anyway coz they've reintroduced quarantine coz of Omicron.
MG3
Expatriate

Post by MG3 »

If you have a Thailand Pass for quarantine free entry you can still use it.

You can even use it to enter Thailand up to 72 days AFTER the date on the pass.

However you cannot use it to enter BEFORE the date on the pass. People are trying to do that due to airline flight changes and getting denied boarding or even refused entry if they make it to Bangkok.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Oiee! This is going to hurt. TUI Nordic, apparently Europe's biggest travel company, just trashed charter flights into Phuket that were going to carry more than 30,000 visitors from December to April.

Headline: 30,000 European tourists cancel yearend trip to Phuket

The largest European travel company, TUI Nordic, has reportedly cancelled chartered flights scheduled to bring some 30,000 tourists to Phuket from December to April next year.

“The company’s announcement came on December 25, a couple of days after the government suspended the Test & Go scheme, which allows registrants to enter Thailand without having to quarantine,” Angkhana Thaneswisetkul, president of Phuket Hotels Association (Kata and Karon), said on Sunday.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced that no new Thailand Pass applications would be accepted from December 22 midnight. The aim is to curb Omicron infections and the situation will be re-evaluated on January 4.
More gobbledygook, blah blah blah -- if you care:
https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40010466

Thailand, with never enough rules and paperwork to impose, issued this little gem out of the blue on Christmas Eve. Airlines are ordered to give out new forms to passengers headed to Phuket.

Headline: Form must be completed before exiting plane in Phuket now
In case the Thailand Pass and entry process wasn’t complicated enough with enough forms for you, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has added a public health form required for all international passengers to Phuket to fill out before being allowed to get off the plane. The new rule, a Notice to Pilots, was published in Thai only yesterday afternoon and shared late last night by the Public Relations Department of Phuket.

“Today (24 Dec 2021), the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has issued a pilot announcement (NOTAM) informing airlines around the world that it is compulsory to distribute documents for entering the country from the plane and inform passengers to have the completed entry documents ready before leaving the plane. Because there are still international passengers who have been approved to travel to Thailand, therefore to reduce congestion in the airport and to comply with disease control measures… [airlines must] hand out public health forms and the form of entry into the country from the plane, such as the consent form for the second test for Covid-19 by RT-PCR method, for passengers to complete.”
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... phuket-now

In the Olympic event for shooting yourselves in the foot, the gold medal goes to Thailand -- in perpetuity.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

mai pen rai
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

A three egg omelette on the face of the Nation newspaper. Turns out the original story (see below) is utterly WRONG. TUI Nordic says service into Phuket will be normal, according to the Thaiger online news site.
UPDATE: Yesterday it was reported that Europe’s largest travel firm TUI Nordic announced it had cancelled scheduled chartered flights to Phuket from December to April next year. We’ve since been contacted by TUI Nordic to say that the information, originally published by The Nation, was incorrect.

A Phuket representative was quoted originally, but the Senior Product Manager of TUI Nordic, Pontus Svensson, says that TUI Nordic will continue services into Phuket, and also, because of the changes to the government’s Test and Go arrival program, happily reroute TUI passengers through Phuket, where the Sandbox Program is still accepting applications.

“Customers that have booked holidays outside of Phuket, will be contacted and offered to change their holiday to Phuket instead – and for the ones that had time to fill in Thailand Pass before the restrictions changed, their holiday remains unchanged.”
https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/pla ... -to-phuket

Original post below. However, the link to the Nation article is now dead -- of course:
ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Headline: 30,000 European tourists cancel yearend trip to Phuket

The largest European travel company, TUI Nordic, has reportedly cancelled chartered flights scheduled to bring some 30,000 tourists to Phuket from December to April next year.

“The company’s announcement came on December 25, a couple of days after the government suspended the Test & Go scheme, which allows registrants to enter Thailand without having to quarantine,” Angkhana Thaneswisetkul, president of Phuket Hotels Association (Kata and Karon), said on Sunday.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced that no new Thailand Pass applications would be accepted from December 22 midnight. The aim is to curb Omicron infections and the situation will be re-evaluated on January 4.
More gobbledygook, blah blah blah -- if you care:
https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40010466
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic