Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by armchairlawyer »

To answer my own question. CINA Travel on st 130 offer a Thailand tourist visa service. Cost $60 per person. Or $80 including the Thailand Pass.
You don't have to buy air tickets to get the visa but you do have to show your proposed itinerary. Also need to show 3 months of bank statements.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 am To answer my own question. CINA Travel on st 130 offer a Thailand tourist visa service. Cost $60 per person. Or $80 including the Thailand Pass.
You don't have to buy air tickets to get the visa but you do have to show your proposed itinerary. Also need to show 3 months of bank statements.
News from Richard Barrow today. A note on the Thai Pass site says anyone planning to arrive in Thailand after Dec 15, should wait till after Dec. 1 to apply for the pass. The message is that some things will change in the Thai Pass system and will likely be announced after today's CCSA meeting. One such thing is the switch from post-arrival RT-PCR test to simpler antigen test kit. The Bangkok Post reports this as a done deal. It's also conceivable they might also dump the one-night quarantine.

From Barrows' Twitter post:
In related news, if you plan to arrive in #Thailand after 15th December, you need to now wait until 1st December before registering for a Thailand Pass. It is possible this is because they are expecting significant changes to entry requirements.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The best quote I can get for a one night TestandGo stay in Bangkok for 3 adults and a baby is 16,400 THB.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 am The best quote I can get for a one night TestandGo stay in Bangkok for 3 adults and a baby is 16,400 THB.
WAIT a week: just approved:

The CCSA has agreed that from 1st December, people coming to #Thailand in the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes, only need to do an ATK test on arrival and not an RT-PCR. Test & Go only need to book transport to the hotel plus an ATK test and not necessarily a room. Sandbox peoplenow only need to book hotel room for 5 days. More details soon. :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:
https://aseannow.com/topic/1240947-brea ... rom-dec-1/
says .. "to the hotel,..." not a hotel,
but wonder where you do ur test? assume since u need book a taxi, its not on arrival like Cambodia but ....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:46 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 am The best quote I can get for a one night TestandGo stay in Bangkok for 3 adults and a baby is 16,400 THB.
WAIT a week: just approved:

The CCSA has agreed that from 1st December, people coming to #Thailand in the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes, only need to do an ATK test on arrival and not an RT-PCR. Test & Go only need to book transport to the hotel plus an ATK test and not necessarily a room. Sandbox peoplenow only need to book hotel room for 5 days. More details soon. :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:
https://aseannow.com/topic/1240947-brea ... rom-dec-1/
says .. "to the hotel,..." not a hotel,
but wonder where you do ur test? assume since u need book a taxi, its not on arrival like Cambodia but ....
"To the hotel" sounds weird at first. But then the SHA+ and AQ hotels have hospital agreements. I guess the hospital's rep, namely a nurse or two, do the test at the hotel when you arrive. 15 minutes later, you skip off to your house/condo or normal hotel.

I'd think you'd want to book a trip to a hotel near the airport, if you get a choice. Maybe the updated dropdown menu at Thailand Pass gives you that choice. TP updates to come after Dec. 1.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

DEC 16th NOT the 1st
From 16 Dec, Test&Go arrivals (Exempt from Quarantine, vac from listed countries) required to do ATK test only, not RT-PCR as per previous requirement, then book transportation, no hotel stay.

To clarify for accuracy and confirm from today's brief---effective 16, not 1 December.
Transportation to where? if they were half way decent they would test at the airport as Cambodia does> Rather than taking an "approved" taxi to ........
NO mention about insurance

people in charge making the decisions.

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

It's easy to see their thinking.
They wanted a big headline saying quarantine is over.
But the hotels wanted to keep their "got them by the balls" bargaining power.
So now thet will simply move onto overpriced test and drive packages. Once the customer is in the building, they will rely on inertia to keep them there with mildly overpriced rooms.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I heard stories where kids did "help" rapid test to be positive, to skip the school. Not saying that "honest" Thai hotel owners would do that... 8-)
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Outrageous pricing when there are so many good deals if you're free to book in regular hotels. I stayed 5 nights in Bangkok last week in what I consider a really nice hotel for 2,800 total with a decent buffet breakfast for an extra 100 baht a day. Pretty busy but the clientele seemed to be primarily youngish Thai 20 somethings.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic