Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Alex »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm
For sure keeping bars, nightclubs closed is the wrong decision.
That's part of it.

They also have only a bit over half their population fully vaxed. Any prospective tourist has to weigh up the risk of getting covid whilst on holiday in a foreign land.

Then you have all the hoops to jump through. This piece from Australia sounds like a nightmare..

https://www.traveller.com.au/entry-into ... nts-h1zs6s
Agreed on the hoops. And for those who wish to travel around within Thailand, it doesn't end with entering the country. I went on a domestic flight yesterday and it was a right shit show; basically each province can make up their own rules, has their own QR codes to scan, etc. Fine if you live here and speak Thai, but what an annoyance that would be for a regular tourist.

As for the vax rate, it's much higher where most tourists venture, and many hotels and restaurants now advertise their fully vaccinated staff. That's one thing I wouldn't worry about.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm
For sure keeping bars, nightclubs closed is the wrong decision.
That's part of it.

They also have only a bit over half their population fully vaxed. Any prospective tourist has to weigh up the risk of getting covid whilst on holiday in a foreign land.

Then you have all the hoops to jump through. This piece from Australia sounds like a nightmare..

https://www.traveller.com.au/entry-into ... nts-h1zs6s
I can see all these rules getting slowly dumped within 6 months.

I foresee nothing more than a vaccination certificate submitted online with your passport and your entry is approved. That's it. No test, before travel or on arrival. Once they conduct 100,000 airport tests and find only a handful, it will be dropped as it achieves nothing and cost a lot in lost tourism and the bureaucracy cost.

The rest of the world is moving away from testing, pre or post travel, it achieves absolutely nothing when the virus is endemic in both countries.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

sorry, but to enter Thailand and stay in the country 30 days is it always necessary to obtain a visa at the embassy or can you leave only with a passport and complete vaccination and insurance ?

must registration for the thailand pass tp.consular.go.th be done even when a person stays in the country for no more than 30 days?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 am sorry, but to enter Thailand and stay in the country 30 days is it always necessary to obtain a visa at the embassy or can you leave only with a passport and complete vaccination and insurance ?
You don't say which category of traveller you belong to: eligible for no-quarantine process or Sandbox or non-vaccinated traveller.

I'd never risk a 30-day stay. What if you test positive on arrival or on the day 6-7 ATK test? There goes almost your entire stay, locked down in a hotel room or hospitel or worse, hospital if you have symptoms.

Why don't you check the Thai embassy web site in your native country? Below is the link to the Thai Embassy to Canada, describing the entire process:

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/conte ... 584326eaf5

Don't forget, you have to upload all your documents to the Thailand Pass website and must wait up to 7 days for the application to be approved.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 am
Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 am sorry, but to enter Thailand and stay in the country 30 days is it always necessary to obtain a visa at the embassy or can you leave only with a passport and complete vaccination and insurance ?
You don't say which category of traveller you belong to: eligible for no-quarantine process or Sandbox or non-vaccinated traveller.

I'd never risk a 30-day stay. What if you test positive on arrival or on the day 6-7 ATK test? There goes almost your entire stay, locked down in a hotel room or hospitel or worse, hospital if you have symptoms.

Why don't you check the Thai embassy web site in your native country? Below is the link to the Thai Embassy to Canada, describing the entire process:

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/conte ... 584326eaf5

Don't forget, you have to upload all your documents to the Thailand Pass website and must wait up to 7 days for the application to be approved.
hello expenhman. i am vaccinated 2 doses.
I would like to come to thailand one month.
Here in my country where i reside they closed the consulate last month.

Thanks for the link with information to enter thailand .you are very kind
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

thinking of a trip to thailand?
heres what you need to know, ( until things change which i hope will happen next month)

From the thai embassy in PP
https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/pu ... -foreigner

FYI 56 or so countries can get a 30 day visa EXEMPT entry to thailand>
check here to see if u qualify with ur passport. https://thethaiger.com/guides/visa-exem ... out-a-visa
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:29 am thinking of a trip to thailand?
heres what you need to know, ( until things change which i hope will happen next month)

check here to see if u qualify with ur passport. https://thethaiger.com/guides/visa-exem ... out-a-visa
Sorry maybe it is me who did not understand correctly. to stay less than 30 days in thailand you need a visa at the consulate? or you arrive at the airport in bangkok normally
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

IF ur one of the 56 countries you can arrive at the airport ( as long as you have all the other docs mentioned in the above link) and get a 30 day FREE visa exempt entry stamp>
If ur not on the list, you need a 60 day tourist visa applied for in advance
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kigna wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:34 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:29 am thinking of a trip to thailand?

Sorry maybe it is me who did not understand correctly. to stay less than 30 days in thailand you need a visa at the consulate? or you arrive at the airport in bangkok normally
What's your nationality?

Regardless of whether you need a visa or not, you currently always need pre-approval (Thailand Pass for test & go).
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

What are the logistics of going to Thailand for a 2 month tourist trip now? Cambodian and UK nationals. Here's my understanding.

First get tourist visas. The Embassy website says you have to show your round trip air tickets, really true?
Get the Thailand Pass - need to upload visas, passports, medical insurance, SHA hotel booking, vaccination card (card enough?) - no air ticket required.
The Thailand Pass can take up to 7 days so time flight date accordingly.
Get the PCR test (less than 72 hours prior)

Are there any good agents in PP for getting the visa? My agent doesn't do it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic