Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by jaynewcastle »

WillieW wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:02 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:39 am Compared to the UK, 35000-50000 infections a day & 150-300 deaths a day the last few months, Thailand seems quite safe in comparison
these numbers don't really mean anything. A lot depends on how much testing is done
Which is the reason I stated Thailand seems quite safe in comparison :)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

safe , perhaps if you have had both shots and avoid thai people
Open, well sortof < ( only one night in a hotel room)

BUT forget about enjoying a drink in a bar or club for 2 more months!!
It’s going to be at least two months until you’ll be able to legally drink a beer at a bar in Thailand… The long-awaited reopening of bars and nightlife venues has been pushed to January 15, 2022. The CCSA held a general meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha today and decided to push back the reopening date for entertainment venues. Alcohol sales at restaurants is now only allowed in areas classified as “blue zones” including Bangkok and Phuket.
...restaurants in the four provinces classified as “blue zones,” which includes Bangkok, Krabi, Phang Nga, and Phuket, have been allowed to serve alcohol.
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/br ... WbOoxEH228

is this the beginning of the end of Pattaya?
time for a transformation
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Hahaha this is so funny, if its not fake news

Thailand's Health Minister denied entry to Switzerland for WHO meet after vax with Sinovac

https://aseannow.com/topic/1239138-thai ... h-sinovac/

:stir:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a sure way to kill tourism on Khao San road

Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive
All foreigners are having their documentation checked even though that condition of entry to the country has already been satisfied.
If foreigners have been vaccinated six months ago they will have to take a 100 baht swab test and wait.
An ambulance is on hand to take them away if they turn out to be positive.

But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1239472-khao ... -positive/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:02 am a sure way to kill tourism on Khao San road

Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive
All foreigners are having their documentation checked even though that condition of entry to the country has already been satisfied.
If foreigners have been vaccinated six months ago they will have to take a 100 baht swab test and wait.
An ambulance is on hand to take them away if they turn out to be positive.

But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1239472-khao ... -positive/
As far as foreigners are concerned, KSR is already dead. But now this.

Imagine a tourist family with two kids, fresh off the flight three days ago, meeting an official demanding a test to enter, having gone through 4 PCR tests pre-flight and 4 post-flight ATK tests (not yet approved, I believe) and having to test again -- 3 times in a week! Apparently the mandatory test applies if your vax are over 6 months old. But the checkpoint is still a big annoyance for having to pull out the certificates for each, if they're carrying them -- not expecting to need them since they have already been approved for entry.

Bloody idiots.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

well seems even with bars closed and a few hoops to jump thru, American's still love Thailand

Top 10 “countries of origin” for people flying to Thailand from 1-14 November:
United States USA 7,999
United Arab Emirates UAE 7,935
Germany Germany 5,648
United Kingdom United Kingdom 2,706
Japan Japan 2,530
France France 1,953
Russia Russia 1,875
South Korea South Korea 1,729
Israel Israel 1,532
Switzerland Switzerland 1,507

still along ways to go
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just applied for my Thailand Pass online about an hour ago for my trip back to Bangkok, it’s really getting better and better

It said 3-7 days but from wife’s experience I’d expect less than 24 hours so this is shocking for me, got approval in 27 minutes can you believe it? Kudos to ThaiPass.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

yong wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:13 pm Just applied for my Thailand Pass online about an hour ago for my trip back to Bangkok, it’s really getting better and better

It said 3-7 days but from wife’s experience I’d expect less than 24 hours so this is shocking for me, got approval in 27 minutes can you believe it? Kudos to ThaiPass.
Looks like you got special treatment :)

I'm not flying til 5th January., so they can take their time with my application
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Interesting piece, but i tend to disagree but not entirely.
i'd say 75% are indeed not tourist but that still leaves 25% "tourists" arriving. For sure keeping bars, nightclubs closed is the wrong decision.
Thanet Supharothatrangsi, chairman of the Chonburi Tourism Business Association, echoed what people online have been saying for weeks if not months.

In an interview with business media he said there are virtually no tourists coming into Thailand despite the rhetoric of the government after their much vaunted reopening claims.

The only arrivals are not true tourists at all. Just business people, property owners or those with families.
LOts more on the subject
https://aseannow.com/topic/1239902-it%E ... ss-leader/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

For sure keeping bars, nightclubs closed is the wrong decision.
That's part of it.

They also have only a bit over half their population fully vaxed. Any prospective tourist has to weigh up the risk of getting covid whilst on holiday in a foreign land.

Then you have all the hoops to jump through. This piece from Australia sounds like a nightmare..

https://www.traveller.com.au/entry-into ... nts-h1zs6s
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic