Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am Surprised the UK made the list with 5 times the infection rate of Thailand and growing fast.

Is that the official list, the finished article? Or is it a proposed or recommended one and subject to someone high up signing it?
Richard Barrow reported the country list has already been published in the Royal Gazette, with more details set for the RG tonight. More nations to be added Dec. 1 and Jan. 1. See PR's post above showing the latest approved rules in the graphics. Well, should already be in the Gazette.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just in time for the nov 1st opening. But sadly no word on bars opening::

Curfew will be cancelled from the evening of 31st October in tourist areas in the 17 provinces taking part in the extended Sandbox program.
📍 NORTH: Chiang Mai Province (Only Mueang District, Doi Tao District, Mae Rim District and Mae Taeng District)
📍NORTHEAST: Buriram (only Mueang), Loei (only Chiang Khan), Nong Khai (only Mueang, Sangkhom, Si Chiang Mai District and Tha Bo District), Udon Thani (only Mueang, Ban Dung District, Kumphawapi District, Na Yung District, Nong Han District, and Prachaksinlapakhom District)
📍CENTRAL: Bangkok, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Only Hua Hin Subdistrict and Nong Kae Subdistrict), Phetchaburi (only Cha-am Municipality), Samut Prakan (only in the area of ​​Suvarnabhumi International Airport).
📍EAST: Chonburi (only Bang Lamung District, Pattaya City, Sriracha District, Koh Sichang District, and Sattahip District (Only Na Chom Thian Subdistrict and Bang Saray Sub-district)), Trat (Only Koh Chang District), and Rayong (Only Koh Samet)
📍SOUTH: Krabi, Phang Nga, Phuket, Ranong (only Koh Phayam), and Surat Thani (Only Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao) #Thailand
For vaccinated people arriving from the 46 countries on the list, you must book a SHA+ hotel for the first night within a two hour drive from the international airport. For example, if you land at Suvarnbhumi, you can go straight to Pattaya, but for Hua Hin, you must stay in Bangkok first for one night.

FYI:
from a twitter post > to good to be true??

Noan Sereiboth
@noansereiboth
After Thailand announced travelers from Cambodia can enter Thailand without quarantine next month, the Cambodian government will consider allowing travelers from Thailand without quarantine too.

FYI
List of vaccines that define you as fully vaccinated for flying domestically in
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its official;
Bangkok, 22 October, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to confirm that Thailand is all set to welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors, including returning Thais and foreign residents, from the approved countries to enter the Kingdom by air with no quarantine requirements from 1 November, 2021.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarant ... fzyF23rfxE

and as its thailand

Kindly note the information is subject to change without prior notice.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am Surprised the UK made the list with 5 times the infection rate of Thailand and growing fast.
I feel insulted :-) I thought US should be the ultimate question why in the list :bow:

My understanding, governments are trying to open up in phases, and the priority is on where the most bang for the efforts. Also, new cases and death numbers in those countries (US, UK, ...) may not matter much as long as the travellers are fully vaccinated.
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

What happens in Thailand, when a passenger on the flight is positive after the arrival test. Must the other passengers (sitting nearby or not) do the quarantene ?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

khmerre wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:14 pm What happens in Thailand, when a passenger on the flight is positive after the arrival test. Must the other passengers (sitting nearby or not) do the quarantene ?
Here's something ludicrous. THAI Airways does not require a PCR test for citizens returning to Thailand but all non-Thais have to show a negative test. Do NOT fly with THAI. Just about all airlines require all passengers to show a negative test result.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

here we go....Nov 1st!!

great news for those in Thailand, fully vaccinated and wishing to travel overseas and returning..
and the med NOT having to be covid specific

FYI>
About 44.52% of the population is fully vaccinated.
41,075,152 (+357,608) people have received the first dose,
while 29,469,487 (+353,836) have been fully inoculated.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

How much do these compulsory insurance requirements for tourists add to the cost of a holiday ? Temporary or permanent I wonder.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I see UK based travellers are going to be hit with another GBP 91 tax on flights to Thailand from 2023 as a result of yesterday's budget announcement. High percentage increase on the cost of a ticket when also combined with the proposed new Thai tourist tax.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:33 pm How much do these compulsory insurance requirements for tourists add to the cost of a holiday ? Temporary or permanent I wonder.
My mandatory all-causes + COVID coverage insurance cost me 18,000 baht/US$550 for 180 days so that I can enter Thailand (next week). But my elevated age does bump up the cost quite a bit.

@Cowshed Cowboy My condolences to those of you in Pattaya. I see the government has approved alcohol sales in bars/restaurants from Nov 1 only in Bangkok and a handful of island provinces.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic