Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by ExPenhMan »

yong wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:44 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 pmSorry Yong, but the proposals have not been approved or published in the Royal Gazette. This ought to happen sometime between Monday and Wednesday this coming week. But be ready for some amendments. There are too many ministers and others who jabber in public just to hear their own voices.
Oooops. Thanks buddy for this info.
The Pattaya News did a good roundup of what's known -- which is not much. This article is closer to the truth. TPN is actually a decent (and sometimes cheeky) news site.

I, too, am waiting on the edge of my seat. I'm in Canada and plan to return to Thailand the first week of November, avidly looking forward to no quarantine and landing in Bangkok to stay -- in my own apartment.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/17/a ... ember-1st/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 am
yong wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:44 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 pmSorry Yong, but the proposals have not been approved or published in the Royal Gazette. This ought to happen sometime between Monday and Wednesday this coming week. But be ready for some amendments. There are too many ministers and others who jabber in public just to hear their own voices.
Oooops. Thanks buddy for this info.
The Pattaya News did a good roundup of what's known -- which is not much. This article is closer to the truth. TPN is actually a decent (and sometimes cheeky) news site.

I, too, am waiting on the edge of my seat. I'm in Canada and plan to return to Thailand the first week of November, avidly looking forward to no quarantine and landing in Bangkok to stay -- in my own apartment.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/17/a ... ember-1st/
very good analysis and i think spot on.
lots of wishful thinkers out there spreading wishful ideas. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in addition to the above:
i truly dont see how thailand can open in less than 2 weeks to vaccinated ( they can still catch covid) arrivals
10,111 new Covid cases, 63 deaths on Saturday in a 24 hour period

The death toll stood at 18,242 during the third wave and 18,336 since the beginning of the pandemic.

as shown in Phuket, 91 tested positive out of the 1st 32,000 (up to Sept 15th, total now around 48,000) in their 2 week period an most of those were after their 2nd or 3rd ( day 6, day 13) test, which show's they did not bring in in but got it while they were out an about in Phuket

So arrivals are NOT bringing in covid but arrivals will get it while they are here. Make sure ur insurance covers you

Recent survey results;
78% of respondents agree that 70% of the Thai population must be vaccinated before the opening of the borders to foreign arrivals
31% agree the health care system must be ready
03% stressed the importance of pro-active screening
65% say safety of tourist attractions and public venues must be ensured to build confidence
29% say the opening of the borders will help the economy
74% believe more people will be employed
07% believe tourism revenue will increase
43% believe COVID infections will surge
60% expect lockdown restrictions to be re-imposed
55% believe the health system will be overwhelmed
good luck to those that chose to take the risk of holidaying in Thailand till they get at Least 70% vaccinated ( now at less than 40%)

regarding The 78%
Most Thais against reopening country, fear tourists will bring in new Covid-19 cases
the sandbox proved this si NOT the case!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:04 pm Let's not forget a significant number of those entering via the Sandbox were not in fact tourists but actually returning residents. I'm sure a read a figure of 50% left Phuket as soon as their quarantine ended so a very misleading representation of true tourist numbers.
So any tourists going to Phuket for a 2 week holiday are not counted as tourists in your opinion ? :)

To be fair, you have absolutely no idea how many of the 50000+ Phuket Sandbox arrivals to date are tourists, Thai residents, ex-pats, or foreign business-owners etc
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I am now +2 months in Phuket, and its al little hard to know how many of them are returning expats, and how many "real" turists, if the expats leave after a week, you know, but also a part of the turists leave after a week (used to be 2 weeks before). But i think with 50% you are pretty close to the throught. Police at the moment is checking more to the closing-hour, but always you will find some small light-bulb opened very late. They are useally focused on Bangla, how farther away from Bangla, how less problems !!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

No list of quarantine exempt nations was released today, as promised. The Oct. 20 CCSA briefing, just translated and posted by Richard Barrow, says nothing new. There was a tidbit in the Bangkok Post about now having to book a limo to a nearby PCR test centre, off the airport property. That's it. Zero progress and only 11 days to Nov. 1.

So who wants to be the first "tourist" to test the quarantine-free system?

The following from the CCSA briefing sure is a confidence builder:
As of now, there are two existing channels for entry that are being implemented and these channels will transition into the reopening of the country.

– First, Thai and foreign nationals who have not been fully vaccinated may enter Thailand, but will have to undergo mandatory quarantine in the Alternative Quarantine (AQ) system.

– Second, fully vaccinated Thai and foreign nationals may enter Thailand via the sandbox scheme, which currently includes four provinces and will be expanded to cover 17 provinces on 1st November.

– The upcoming new channel to launch Thailand’s reopening on 1st November is for fully vaccinated travelers from a list of countries to enter Thailand with no quarantine. Relevant agencies are now considering this list and CCSA will inform you as soon as the list has been finalized.
Bloody incompetents. FWIW:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/statu ... 7944950789
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm expecting a pretty quiet November!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

before they stated wont reopen till hit 70%
guess the tourism industry cant wait for that .

About 41.41% of the population is fully vaccinated.
39,039,849 (+428,656) people have received the first dose,
while 27,405,800 (+446,015) have been fully inoculated.

apx 68 + million thai's ,...need another 41 million doubles vaccinated.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow!!! 46 countries with only 1 night locked up yet Cambodia wants 7 nights>>> good luck with that
The government has decided to allow fully vaccinated travellers from 46 low-risk countries to Thailand without quarantine when the country reopens on Nov 1.

The "low-risk" country list has grown from the initial 10 when he announced the reopening plan on Oct 11. The prime minister did not provide the list, though.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha made the announcement on his Facebook yesterday, saying the situation has changed and Thailand has to move fast and move now.

He said the government has decided to expand the list of low-risk countries to cover 46 countries after several countries had begun relaxing travel restrictions.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... NYzKEwjigY

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Surprised the UK made the list with 5 times the infection rate of Thailand and growing fast.

Is that the official list, the finished article? Or is it a proposed or recommended one and subject to someone high up signing it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic