Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

as to above: agree
but thats not really news :-)

BUT this:
PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand
Three stipulations for visitors will be having had two jabs of vaccine, RT-PCR tests before and after arrival and it only applies to air passengers (no road or sea passengers included).

The list is made up by analysing data and information from the last two weeks of Covid-19 stats, International Health Regulations 2005 and the GCI Global Advisory Council or Global Covid-19 Index.

Twenty seven countries satisfy these criteria:
Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Dominica, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Uruguay, Barbados, China and Croatia.
Germany qualifies as a medium risk country because of the number of vaccinations done there.
The UK and the US are high risk but also qualify because of the number of vaccinations done in those nations.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1235345-pm-c ... -thailand/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yahoo maybe a few weeks or more in Thailand waiting for Cambodia to open.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

If you're double vaccinated coming from safe countries, you shouldn't need/be asked for any PCR tests. It doesn't make sense.Theyre also expensive, and people will not bother coming with that extra cost (plus entry tax?)
Also people will be put off with the masks situation, and lack of Alcohol.
Simply put there are other Sunny options out there.
More than just any old backpacker.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

1. just cause ur vaccinated does not mean u dont have covid
2. not sure the rest of the world but they are saying they want set the test at under 1,000 baht ( $30)
3. wont start till next year an even then its not set in stone
4. alcohol is everywhere but bars & clubs closed till ( maybe ) dec 1st

its a dam good start

JUst in;
There will be no quarantine for fully vaccinated air travellers from five countries from Nov 1, and destinations in more provinces will also be opened to foreign tourists.
Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said the CCSA resolved on Thursday to allow in fully vaccinated visitors from Britain, the United States, Germany, Singapore and China if they pass an RT-PCR test before arrival.

The number of destinations opened to tourists would also expand from four provinces - Phuket and parts of Surat Thani, Phangnga and Krabi provinces - to 17 provinces of economic significance. This would include all of Bangkok, Samut Prakan (only Suvarnabhumi airport), parts of Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Nong Kae) and all of Krabi and Phangnga, Dr Taweesilp said.

From Dec 1, another 16 major provinces would reopen, including Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Lamphun, Phrae and Sukhothai.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2197799
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Don't bother booking on the basis of these non-announcements, until they allow alcohol to be legally served and open the entertainment industry tourist resorts will remain in lifeless hibernation. I'd advise anyone to wait and see what actually happens in December and consider from mid-January onwards if they actually open up inside the country rather than just the airports. More of the same hollow carrot dangilng in the hope that some suckers will bite.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wither a country allows or bans alcohol, has never been high priority on any travelling i have done.
I cant be the only one ( most of my friends dont drink either)

Never been to a club in Burma, Indonesia, Laos, India, Nepal an on an on
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

There is absolutely nothing in the CCSA announcements to take to the bank. It's just a lot of kindergarten shuffling of coloured paper. Fully vaccinated travellers still have to get pre- and post-arrival PCR tests, pay in advance quarantine hotel nights, unless you're from one of Thailand's favoured tourist sources.

I mean, look at the curfew hours. Wow, they cut 2 hours off. Makes no difference. Not even a morsel to restaurant owners legalizing alcohol service while dining in.

And what a joke! The PM saying at least 10 nationalities will not have to quarantine in the days before yesterday's empty statement, then some rumour about 27 nationalities being invited to arrive without quarantine. What did they do? They named 5 nations.

This could all change in meetings the next few days, before being published in the Royal Gazette.

Sorry but don't get your hopes up people. I'm thinking, with so little progress today, there's little hope of bars etc. opening Dec. 1. That's one big leap from where we are today.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
I don't get why the Thais even have this list of 'safe' countries where they could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand..

I mean:

1. all incoming tourists need to be double vaxed and PCR test before and after. Isn't that enough?

2. not all incoming tourists are necessarily representative of the country from which they came. A case of pigeon holing all citizens from certain countries into the same bucket?

3. their basis for determining the list of 'safe' countries:
The list is made up by analysing data and information from the last two weeks of Covid-19 stats, International Health Regulations 2005 and the GCI Global Advisory Council or Global Covid-19 Index.

Twenty seven countries satisfy these criteria:
Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Dominica, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Uruguay, Barbados, China and Croatia.
Germany qualifies as a medium risk country because of the number of vaccinations done there.
The UK and the US are high risk but also qualify because of the number of vaccinations done in those nations.
So it will be reviewed every 2 weeks??

Save me :facepalm:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Among Thailand's bigger markets are China who make the list but are not yet allowed to travel, Russia and India aren't on the list and they most definately won't pay for quarantine. The traditional and freer spending European markets like the UK, Germany and Scandanavia do want alcohol and entertainment as part of their annual long haul vacation and do have the options of viable alternatives closer to home until they put that back on the menu. Where are they expecting the volume to come from to support businesses reopening from Nov 1st ? I doubt the combined annual contingent from Dominica, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, San Marino, Uruguay and Barbados would fill one bus out of the airport.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Like I said on another thread, there's something seriously wrong with these (Southeast) Asian countries. It seems to go beyond mere incompetence and enters the realm of taking the piss.

Bali is another case. They've at least gone ahead and opened, but the results so far are equally comic:
Bali reopened to international flights from select countries on Thursday, including China, Japan and France, as the pandemic-struck Indonesian holiday island took a step toward welcoming back tourists.

But authorities in Bali, which lost its primary source of income as tourism dried up, said there were no international flights expected on Thursday.

Foreign visitors must be vaccinated, quarantine in a hotel for five days and follow strict visa requirements under new entry rules for travelers.
“We’re ready and waiting for international flights,” said airport spokesman Taufan Yudhistira. “But so far there’s nothing scheduled today.”
:unknown: :fool:

https://asiatimes.com/2021/10/bali-reop ... -in-sight/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic