Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Anchor Moy »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:55 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:27 pm Any news from about the conditions in the "sandbox" ? Are the tourists there free to move around and go to restaurants and bars etc ?
Of course they are free to go wherever they want in Phuket, thats the whole point of the Sandbox scheme, as an alternative to spending 14 days quarantine in a ASQ hotel room
So you can meet up with people, and drink and party, go out to restaurants, and do all the sort of things that people do on holiday ? Stay out late, go to nightclubs etc ? No curfew and no restrictions on gatherings ?

Or is it just like lockdown/quarantine, but in an extended area where you can also swim and sunbathe?
(If so, I'm trying to understand the appeal.)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bars closed, nightclubs closed, schools closed, most tour operators not operating, ( not enough people to be open for) no curfews but by 10 pm nothing open, all markets in Phuket town currently closed, phuket mall open, 2 malls in Patong closed, no gatherings of i think over 10 people

it was never meant to be , Phuket is open come back to 2019,
it was way to start getting the country open and as its an island they thought they could control it BUT since they didn't check that everyone arriving by road was vaccinated an tested negative, it all went to shit.
It was supposed to be the way to get into Thailand , stay on an island for 14 days and ur free to travel BUTY more than half of the provinces are red zones now.

Add in its the low ( "green season" )
regardless if you want to see the natural beauty of phuket, avoid quarantine in Bangkok, ( more than half the arrival's were returning thais an expats that were living in Thailand)
great time to visit the island, havent seen it like this since.... ( and ive been there since 85)

even so most tourists are posting on the Sandbox fb page its great,
example today
"What are you waiting for? Finally arrived after a month of back and forth with all the changes. Definitely worth the trouble."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:28 am bars closed, nightclubs closed, schools closed, most tour operators not operating, ( not enough people to be open for) no curfews but by 10 pm nothing open, all markets in Phuket town currently closed, phuket mall open, 2 malls in Patong closed, no gatherings of i think over 10 people

it was never meant to be , Phuket is open come back to 2019,
it was way to start getting the country open and as its an island they thought they could control it BUT since they didn't check that everyone arriving by road was vaccinated an tested negative, it all went to shit.
It was supposed to be the way to get into Thailand , stay on an island for 14 days and ur free to travel BUTY more than half of the provinces are red zones now.

Add in its the low ( "green season" )
regardless if you want to see the natural beauty of phuket, avoid quarantine in Bangkok, ( more than half the arrival's were returning thais an expats that were living in Thailand)
great time to visit the island, havent seen it like this since.... ( and ive been there since 85)

even so most tourists are posting on the Sandbox fb page its great,
example today
"What are you waiting for? Finally arrived after a month of back and forth with all the changes. Definitely worth the trouble."
Is alcohol available in 7Eleven in Phuket like in Bangkok?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

[/quote]

Is alcohol available in 7Eleven in Phuket like in Bangkok?
[/quote]

Yes, I haven't heard of any 7/11's in Thailand that have been told not to sell alcohol
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Unlike during last year's lockdown, alcohol sales at shops haven't been banned anywhere in Thailand during the ongoing lockdown. Consuming alcohol at restaurants, or even just dining there, is another matter though.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:13 pm ^^
Fujifilm Holdings subsidiary Fujifilm Toyama Chemical, has not yet been approved by Japan's health ministry for the treatment of COVID-19. In December, the ministry said it needed to see more data to evaluate its efficacy. In response, Fujifilm launched a new clinical trial in April.

Toyama Chemical developed Favipiravir in the late 1990s. The drug was approved in 2014 to treat new or re-emerging influenza infections, but it has not been approved for the treatment of seasonal influenza. One area of concern is birth defects seen in animal tests on the drug.
Jeez..I hope the Thais know what they're doing..desperation or they've found a drug that works?
I think we can safely assume that they haven't. There's no evidence whatsoever that favipiravir is an effective treatment. It's cheap, Thai patients demand pills, so they have that unproven crap stuffed down their throats. I wouldn't even call it desperation, they just couldn't care less.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Update about Phuket Sandbox:
Its very quiet here but several bars and restaurants are more or less normal open, even later then 21.00 whats the official closing time know (i think). Was going out every night until about midnight, without problems. Officially i think they dont allow selling beer, but everywhere its available in stone potts or coke-cups !! Only last night, police came to shut down the bar where i was inside, at about 23.00 but not really on a rough way. They where outside (on banglaa-road) and where Negociating with the owner about "everybody-knows-what" !! Went then to Harrys which was open very late last nights, but they where just closed also by police the staff said. Knever been in Thailand before, but had zero problems with locals, very friendly, and they know they need us for their business !! Sofar, sogood !! If every closes here, i will probably try Kabul to have some beer, !! ???
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Please note: @Bongmab69 and associated replies from @Cowshed Cowboy @cambo swa @Alex and others.

Just moved your Phuket Sandbox Update posts above to this more relevant Thailand topic here. Carry on :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:16 pm Update about Phuket Sandbox:
Its very quiet here but several bars and restaurants are more or less normal open, even later then 21.00 whats the official closing time know (i think). Was going out every night until about midnight, without problems. Officially i think they dont allow selling beer, but everywhere its available in stone potts or coke-cups !! Only last night, police came to shut down the bar where i was inside, at about 23.00 but not really on a rough way. They where outside (on banglaa-road) and where Negociating with the owner about "everybody-knows-what" !! Went then to Harrys which was open very late last nights, but they where just closed also by police the staff said. Knever been in Thailand before, but had zero problems with locals, very friendly, and they know they need us for their business !! Sofar, sogood !! If every closes here, i will probably try Kabul to have some beer, !! ???
Hi Bongma,
I have some friends and family desperate to get back to SEA from Europe, so any info that you can give me on getting into the Thailand Sandbox scheme would be welcome. If you have the time to tell me the procedures that you went through to get into Phuket, I would much appreciate any information from someone that has done the trip recently.
Cheers and TIA, AM
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Here's the Phuket Sandbox website with all the rules & requirements

https://www.phuket-sandbox.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic