Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

Today’s Covid new cases.

New Cases
Thailand 2,385 ( +389 )
Prison 892 ( +598 )
———————————————-
Total 3,277 ( +987 )

Deaths 29 ( +2 )

themistyseas
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by themistyseas »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:45 pm ^ Reading just now that the Phuket Mayor confirmed today that bars and entertainment venues would NOT reopen on July 1st when foreign tourists are allowed to return. In addition TAT confirmed they have reduced by 50% their recent estimate for July arrivals citing the extension of mandatory stay in Phuket from 7 to 14 days. I wonder how many more were cancel without the possibility of a sundowner after a hard day on the beach. :wave:
Can confirm. I had plans to go to Thailand and do some work meetings in Bangkok after putting in the seven days in Phuket on my way back to KOW from my current country. I'm fully vaxxed and saw the sandbox opportunity as a real good way to be able to be at least somewhat productive with a nice week in Phuket: acclimating to the time change and getting in some nice food and drinks as a way to make up for it, mandatory test on day 5, all good. 14 days however, I can't stomach, since I'll need to do another 14 on arrival in Phnom Penh... it just doesn't make sense. It effectively acts as another quarantine, albeit just not one where you're locked in a room. So, yeah, in terms of this vaccinated business/pleasure traveler helping the Thai economy, I won't be pouring any baht back in any time soon.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 pm Another day, another failure to book a vaccine appointment. Tried 5-6 times during the three-hour window. Not a vaccine, hospital or date to be found. Many guys reporting the same thing on Thaivisa.com this morning and afternoon. This is despite the booking page showing AZ and Sinovac available. Not ready for prime time.
They're adding availability gradually while the site is "open" (which, in itself, is a bit funny), so it pays off to stay logged in and keep checking. On my 2nd attempt yesterday, I spotted availability quickly enough to book an appointment. Keep trying, fingers crossed!
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Today’s Covid new cases.

New Cases
Thailand 2,395 ( +10 )
Prison 409 ( -483 )
———————————————-
Total 2,804 ( -473 )

Deaths 18 ( -11 )

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Fire is raining down on Corporal Prayut's government today from all corners for the utter disaster of its vaccine programs, or lack of. Hospital groups, doctors' groups, individual hospitals and doctors are all over the Thai media bemoaning the lack of vaccines and communications.

Another doctor working with the Bumrungrad Hospital told Thai Enquirer that the frustration also stemmed from the government’s lack of cooperation in helping private hospitals secure alternative vaccines.

“If they had approved our request to bring in Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson in November, then we would have the vaccines ready by THIS month,” he said.

“Instead they blocked our every move to acquire our own vaccine and now we have to rely on them and they’ve proven to be incompetent. It is pathetic.”
And there's a nice revelation from a source at Pfizer.
According to medical representatives from Pfizer, there has been a question to the Thai Food and Drug Administration and the government for approval and importation of the Pfizer vaccines since November of last year. For some reason, which has not been explained by the government, this request was rejected.
https://www.thaienquirer.com/28502/priv ... overnment/

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of "tourists" have cancelled their Phuket plans when the powers that be raised the quarantine from 7 days to 14, and reassured everyone that no bars or entertainment venues will be open.

Thailand, Hub of Hopelessness.

Headline: Sandbox: 50% of foreigners cancel plans to visit Phuket
Over 50 percent of foreigners who had confirmed they would visit Phuket as part of the ‘Phuket Sandbox’ project have now cancelled their plans, Thailand’s tourism minister has said.

Pipat Ratchakitprakarn, Minister of Tourism and Sports, told Spring News that after the Center for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) increased the minimum period of stay from 7 days to 14 days, 29,700 foreigners have now cancelled plans to visit Phuket.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/122042 ... it-phuket/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

still rolling along
but daily number seem dropping

National Vaccination Rollout:
💉 DAY 1: 416,847
💉 DAY 2: 472,128
💉 DAY 3: 336,674
💉 DAY 4: 223,315
💉 DAY 5: 308,012
💉 DAY 6: 108,204
💉 DAY 7: 106,882
🔴 TOTAL: 2,087,603

13th June:
📌 1st Dose: Sinovac 26,583 | AstraZeneca 48,545
📌 2nd Dose: Sinovac 31,502 | AstraZeneca 252
TOTAL: 106,882 doses

About 2.80 % of the population is fully vaccinated, with 4,607,032 people received the first dose, while 1,687,964 received the second dose. At this rate, Thailand needs to administer an average of 473,639 doses per day to reach the herd immunity target by year end.

so open by Xmas 2022? :beer3:

good write up concerning Phuket sandbox>

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... 7VuT7HVgbQ
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

When you think it couldn't get any worse in Thailand . . . Holy shit! All other expressions fail me now that I know there was a complete data exposure for the vaccine registration web site.

Blogger Richard Barrow just discovered that everyone'e private data on the thailandintervac.com website was viewable to anyone else, by clicking Edit. The site has been disconnected. Some smarties are saying the entire registration database was exposed, all your registration data, birthdate, phone number, address, etc etc.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/statu ... 41888?s=20
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:59 am
Meanwhile, tens of thousands of "tourists" have cancelled their Phuket plans when the powers that be raised the quarantine from 7 days to 14, and reassured everyone that no bars or entertainment venues will be open.

Thailand, Hub of Hopelessness.

Headline: Sandbox: 50% of foreigners cancel plans to visit Phuket
Over 50 percent of foreigners who had confirmed they would visit Phuket as part of the ‘Phuket Sandbox’ project have now cancelled their plans, Thailand’s tourism minister has said.

Pipat Ratchakitprakarn, Minister of Tourism and Sports, told Spring News that after the Center for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) increased the minimum period of stay from 7 days to 14 days, 29,700 foreigners have now cancelled plans to visit Phuket.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/122042 ... it-phuket/
You have to wonder whether it's the Hub of Dumbness too.

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Hub-ble bubble Covid trouble.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

There are consequences for having the same group of ruling families interbreeding for centuries with limited exposure to new bloodlines.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic