Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

It appears I've understated the target, 70m in country includes the 3m non citizens, so 140m doses and the target is 70% not 60%, ( not sure why i thought 60% ), by year end. Therefore my 408,000 a day figure from 7th June actually rises to a target of circa 458,000 vaccinations a day. 30% more doses a day administered than the UK is giving - Hmmm.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

before it was 300 baht departure tax, than it went 500 than to 700 an than it was incorporated onto your ticket

Also back in the 80's it was 1,000 tax clearance every time u left the country after you had been her 180 days in one calendar year

Now its a flat 300 baht for every arriving tourist,( assume that means those of visa exempt as well)
not so sure it its for those on 1 year visas or extensions.

How many "tourists" are carrying Thai money Before they arrive?
or will they be charged $10, 8 euors, 40,000 Riel, 98, 840 kip?

Thailand will collect 300 baht tourist fee from all international visitors arriving in the country from next January. :facepalm:
Speaking to Thai language news site Khaosod, Thailand's Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said the 300 baht fee will go towards creation of a tourism fund that will help the tourism industry deal with other unforeseen problems or hardships in the future.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121629 ... m-january/

instead of making Thailand more attractive an offering incentives to travel here
they just want get some $$$ out of ya :please:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pminstead of making Thailand more attractive an offering incentives to travel here
With a fucktard like this what do you expect?

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pm
Thailand will collect 300 baht tourist fee from all international visitors arriving in the country from next January. :facepalm:
Speaking to Thai language news site Khaosod, Thailand's Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said the 300 baht fee will go towards creation of a tourism fund that will help the tourism industry deal with other unforeseen problems or hardships in the future.

instead of making Thailand more attractive an offering incentives to travel here
It's an easy lazy volume based tax on foreign tourists that I'm sure most won't bat an eyelid at paying, since they are in the holiday mood. However I'm afraid it again demonstrates how they view foreign tourists compared to domestic, offer various heavily subsidised incentive schemes during the shutdown to encourage local tourism, but then do the opposite and add an extra cost when they should be looking to kick start and encourage foreign tourism.

I guess it's just a means of getting foreigners to pay for what they've given out to domestic tourists while they weren't here.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just out - new cases 2,419(+375) ; deaths 19 (-8)

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:20 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pm

It's an easy lazy volume based tax on foreign tourists that I'm sure most won't bat an eyelid at paying, since they are in the holiday mood. However I'm afraid it again demonstrates how they view foreign tourists compared to domestic, offer various heavily subsidised incentive schemes during the shutdown to encourage local tourism, but then do the opposite and add an extra cost when they should be looking to kick start and encourage foreign tourism.

I guess it's just a means of getting foreigners to pay for what they've given out to domestic tourists while they weren't here.
Yes, it's not a good look. But even worse . . .
Talk about lazy policy making! They could not even hide the fee under a curtain of staff safety and passenger protection issues. I might be willing to bet they rescind this transparent cash grab, small as it is per passenger. After all, this is the Kingdom of Daily Reversals.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just in today’s numbers

New cases = 2,101 ( -318 )
Deaths = 17 ( -2 )

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just in today’s numbers

New cases = 1,630 ( -471 )
Deaths = 22 ( +5 )

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 am Just in today’s numbers

New cases = 1,630 ( -471 )
Deaths = 22 ( +5 )

They make Cambodia's numbers look good.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:45 am They make Cambodia's numbers look good.
Personally I believe from the point of comparing to one’s population Thailand has been doing a great job in its attempt to control this Chinese virus even if you compare Thailand to Singapore let alone the other ASEAN countries. It’s contact tracing and prevention by their agencies and personnel is highly commendable.

Problem here is the leadership is fucked.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic