Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

atst wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:00 pm Thia government attitude towards farnangs no different than a Soi 6 bar girl
They both suck ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if i was thai, i would be ashamed to be

good stats: https://petescully.co.uk/research/covid ... ashboards/

Phuket is doing the best at 22%% of its total registered 460,000+ ( doesn't include migrants or farangs) they really want get the island open July 1st

I'm wavering between the 2nd and 3rd group
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:52 pm

I'm wavering between the 2nd and 3rd group
Go to Guam.

'Worth it': American expat in Thailand travels to Guam for vaccine, vacation

Guam Daily Post
May 4th, 2021

Like most Americans, Reuben Sushman is eligible to get his COVID-19 vaccine shot. But he's living in Thailand, where only 1% of the population has so far been vaccinated, so there's no telling when he will be able to get his shot.

After weighing all his options, he flew to Guam in mid-April not only to get a U.S. Food and Drug Administration-authorized COVID-19 vaccine, but also to get a vacation.

Going to Guam, which only has a three-hour difference from Thailand, made the most sense after weighing that against at least a 16-hour flight to go back to the states, cross several time zones, and get jet-lagged.

Many of his fellow Americans in Thailand and other places knew Guam only to be the host of U.S. military presence, but not a tropical vacation destination, he said.

"They should pursue it. Get the PR out there. They should do something to promote it, like 'come back to the U.S. for your vaccination at the beautiful beaches of Guam, relax, enjoy," he said. "There's nothing that stops you from coming here."

On the day he was released from hotel quarantine, he checked in at another hotel in Tumon and got his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at the University of Guam Calvo Field House COVID-19 vaccination clinic.

"I recognize that it’s the federal government that’s distributing the vaccine. So it really doesn't make a difference what state or territory I go to, as long as I have a U.S. passport," he said.

Guam has one of the highest full vaccination rates on American soil. It has ample supply of FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines: the two-dose Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech, and the single-dose Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine.

full https://www.postguam.com/news/local/wor ... 227e8.html
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just out - new cases 1,911 (-201) ; deaths 18 (+3)

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

like i said, if they want go for herd immunity they must include Farangs, migrants in their vaccination program>

sounds good!! cheaper than flying back to the states and than returning to a 14 days quarantine

Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register
The chief of the Private Hospital Association of Thailand has said that the Moderna vaccine against Covid-19 will definitely be available in his members' hospitals.
But Sanook in a buoyant article saying that there was now "more choice" in Thailand did not say when.

Furthermore the chief of the PHA said that people would still need to register online for the jab, something that many expats are confused about or have had problems in doing, notes Thaivisa.

It remains to be seen that if paying for a jab rather than getting a free one will aid in registration.

Chalerm Hanphanich explained that private hospitals will be able to offer the Moderna vaccine via an arrangement with the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation who will get it from importers who will register with the Thai Food and Drug Administration.
The bottom line is that the jab will cost $37 - $38 (about 1,150) baht to import before tax.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121617 ... -register/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

This is actually an important message for me but FYI to all of you

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Just looking at the UK's vaccination statistics they are currently giving 346,000 doses a day and I think the speed of their program seems pretty efficient and organised.

Thailand's population is circa 70m plus they have said there are 3m foreigners as a ball park, so approximately 146m doses and their 60% target herd immunity is 87.6m. Currently given is 1.6m so say 3.2m by June 7th when the Stage 2 ramp up starts, leaving 84.4m. If Thailand is as efficient as the UK those 84.4m will be vaccinated in 244 days, I make that 6th February.

Achieving their target of 60% by 31st December seems ambitious to me. Call me sceptical but I wonder how early we'll hear the target being officially moved to the end of January or later ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

it does not seem to be getting any better>
3 May: 2,041- 31 dead
4 May: 1,763 - 27 dead
5 May: 2,112 - 15 dead
6 May: 1,911 - 18 dead
7 May: 2,044 - 27 dead <— TODAY

and until they take it seriously and start vaccinating EVERYONE.
it wont

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:
First dose - Sinovac 1,085,046 & AstraZeneca 82,673
Second dose - Sinovac 434,101 & AstraZeneca 13
17,155 people received their first dose and 11,603 received their second dose.

Thailand is even behind Cambodian in the vaccine rollout>

- 77,708 #COVID19KH vaccines today
- 41k 1st doses, 37k 2nd doses
- 6.5% fully vaxed/10.4% of adults/1.8M
- 9.7% have had 1st dose/15.4% of adults/1.6M
- 2.69M vax total given 16.3 doses/100 people
- 16.5M national population (10.4M adults)
- 3.69M PP/Kandal pop (2.45M adults)
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just out - new cases 2,044 (+133) ; deaths 27 (+9)

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:50 am it does not seem to be getting any better>
3 May: 2,041- 31 dead
4 May: 1,763 - 27 dead
5 May: 2,112 - 15 dead
6 May: 1,911 - 18 dead
7 May: 2,044 - 27 dead <— TODAY

and until they take it seriously and start vaccinating EVERYONE.
it wont

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:
First dose - Sinovac 1,085,046 & AstraZeneca 82,673
Second dose - Sinovac 434,101 & AstraZeneca 13
17,155 people received their first dose and 11,603 received their second dose.
Circa 408,000 vaccinations a day is what they need to achieve from the start of Stage 2 on June 7th until December 31st to meet their target. So far in just over 2 months they've done they equivalent of 4 days at that level.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic