Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

atst wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:30 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 am Exactly what I've been saying for over a year. People claim comparisons shouldn't be made, but the reality of what endangers people more on a daily basis shouldn't be ignored.
It shouldn't be ignored, but whereas we can hopefully see a cure to this short term global medical pandemic I cannot see any long term hope of a cure for the causes of road deaths in Thailand. I think the comparisons are ridiculous since they are not in any way remotely connected.
How about reducing the speed limits and making sure cars cannot go any faster than that with limiters installed, see the accident rates fall. The comparison is the government response to both
As a foreigner I’ve seen many Thais getting their driving or riding licenses buy illegal paying for it without lessons nor tests resulting in many on the road without experiences
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 am Exactly what I've been saying for over a year. People claim comparisons shouldn't be made, but the reality of what endangers people more on a daily basis shouldn't be ignored.
It shouldn't be ignored, but whereas we can hopefully see a cure to this short term global medical pandemic I cannot see any long term hope of a cure for the causes of road deaths in Thailand. I think the comparisons are ridiculous since they are not in any way remotely connected.
How about reducing the speed limits and making sure cars cannot go any faster than that with limiters installed, see the accident rates fall. The comparison is the government response to both
The goverment recently increased the speed limit., work than out.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:01 am
The goverment recently increased the speed limit., work than out.
:-)

want stop road accidents? as more than 74%+ involve motorcycles, its really very easy to accomplish>
just like in normal western countries police do their jobs, not just sit at areas to catch people.

all kids without licensees are fined 500 baht
2nd stop confiscate the motorbike and dad has to visit the police station to reclaim it and also pay 2,000- baht
3 time, hold the bike for 1 month and a 3,000 baht fine

same goes for all those that cant produce a license.

1/2 the fine goes to the cop writing the ticket.

Yea dream on LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Source: NZ Embassy Bangkok
📣 The Thai government has intensified measures to curb the latest Covid-19 wave 🦠, including extending the quarantine period to 14 days for all arrivals, effective from 1 May onwards.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:59 pm Source: NZ Embassy Bangkok
📣 The Thai government has intensified measures to curb the latest Covid-19 wave 🦠, including extending the quarantine period to 14 days for all arrivals, effective from 1 May onwards.
Good to see there is one rule for all now. Not one for Africans and another one for Non- Africans as before. :plus1:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm
Good to see there is one rule for all now. Not one for Africans and another one for Non- Africans as before. :plus1:
it was NEVER for Africans vs non Africans
'it was traveler's that had recently been in those countries
i corrected you before about this.
"Travellers from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Cameroon, DR Congo, and Ghana will have to spend the full 14 days in Thai quarantine.
Gong to be lots of cancellations rolling in from people who thought they would get by with 7 days locked up
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

So after you do your 14 days quarantine (without alcohol) in Thailand, you get out, and the restaurants and bars are shut anyway.

Covid Holidays in Thailand ! It sounds appetising, but why would you do this ? Better go to Torquay, even if the weather is shit and the beer more expensive.
(Cambodia will be a better destination than Thailand, IF the lockdown is lifted as said for the 5 May.)
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Seems like things are seriously heating up here in Thailand with record breaking deaths (31) and increase in number of covid cases (2,041)

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what a joke;

The number of people who received vaccines yesterday:

Daily Total: 2,342
1st Shot: 1,598
2nd Shot: 744

Overall Total: 1,486,907

ONLY 64 million PLUS expats and migrants ( both legal and illegal) to go
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic