Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

Starting from today, Thai people in certain groups can register to be on the waiting list for vaccination in June. You’ll need a Thai ID number to register. It is believed that foreigners will be allowed to register for other rounds at some point in the future. No details yet.

Personally i dont care, i do not visit large areas with people, dont go in Bars, ( when /if they are open) have no desire to be a guinea pig, avoid markets as much as i can
i am cool with waiting another 3-4 months for the vaccine,
by than they will know alot more about effectiveness and possible side effects.
For those who don’t want to wait for the government roll-out of vaccinations for foreigners, they should contact private hospitals. It’s believed at some point in the future you’ll be able to pay for a vaccination with them. One big advantage is that you can choose which vaccine.
yep, that's for me!!!
---------------------------
Sucks if ur in Bangkok:

Bangkok: No dining in restaurants, takeout only to 9pm starts today
New tougher Covid-19 regulation in the Thai capital bangkok and five other provinces come into force today, reported TNN.

Bangkok governor Gen Aswin Kwanmuang confirmed that only take away is allowed at restaurants and that must end by 9 pm.

No in-restaurant dining is allowed.

Sports facilities such as gyms and fitness clubs are ordered shut until further notice though outside fitness and recreation facilities can continue to operate until 9pm.

Places such as convenience stores, markets and supermarkets are allowed to open from 4am to 11pm.

All these regulations are effective in the deep red zone provinces effective today, Saturday May 1st.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121561 ... rts-today/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Rest In Peace, record number of deaths in 1 day, 21 deaths. It’s a sad day.

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^ Since confirmed cases are limited by their capacity to test and therefore inherently understated, the number I follow every day is those in critical condition and those on ventilators since that's the precursor to daily deaths. That's the key number that is going up daily unfortunately.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

party on dudes an pay the price

One dead/51 others infected from Thai justice minister's Songkran restaurant party
A party organised in Sukhothai in the north of Thailand for Thailand justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin has now proved to be responsible for 52 Covid cases.

One woman died in Bangkok as a direct result of attending the Songkran party on April 12th at The Tree cafe.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121563 ... ant-party/
Previously ten cases were reported including the death.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

No alcohol sales ban yet. We're good.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

that a way to go Thailand!!!

For the first time yesterday, there were less deaths from road accidents (16 deaths) than from Covid-19 (21 deaths). Due to less people travelling at the moment, the number of accidents has been decreasing. Usually there are 40+ deaths per day on the roads
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Exactly what I've been saying for over a year. People claim comparisons shouldn't be made, but the reality of what endangers people more on a daily basis shouldn't be ignored.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Another very sad day with again 21 deaths and an increase of new cases to 1,940

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 am Exactly what I've been saying for over a year. People claim comparisons shouldn't be made, but the reality of what endangers people more on a daily basis shouldn't be ignored.
It shouldn't be ignored, but whereas we can hopefully see a cure to this short term global medical pandemic I cannot see any long term hope of a cure for the causes of road deaths in Thailand. I think the comparisons are ridiculous since they are not in any way remotely connected.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 am Exactly what I've been saying for over a year. People claim comparisons shouldn't be made, but the reality of what endangers people more on a daily basis shouldn't be ignored.
It shouldn't be ignored, but whereas we can hopefully see a cure to this short term global medical pandemic I cannot see any long term hope of a cure for the causes of road deaths in Thailand. I think the comparisons are ridiculous since they are not in any way remotely connected.
How about reducing the speed limits and making sure cars cannot go any faster than that with limiters installed, see the accident rates fall. The comparison is the government response to both
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic