Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

yep;
the government has fucked the locals an us Farangs here,
less than 1 million out of 66 million so far have gotten the vaccine>
Opinion: The Prayut/Prawit government has failed and now we’re stuck with them
Thailand broke the 2,000 new cases plateau for the first time on Friday. The unwanted record means that the third wave of the pandemic is now the more severe with hospitals filled to capacity throughout the country.

The government’s gamble has failed and now the public health and the country’s economic recovery is in jeopardy.

The Prayut Chan-ocha administration wagered that it could weather the third wave and not shut down the country so that our economic recovery from last year’s recession could stay intact.

The government’s vaccination program, or lack thereof, has meant that the country is not nearly inoculated enough to stem the tide of the latest outbreak. Not only have we not been inoculated sufficiently when compared to countries within our region, we will not likely get the vaccines that we need anytime soon.

The government’s decision to only bring in Sinovacs and AstraZeneca vaccines while hoping that the locally-produced AZ doses would somehow materialize quickly has proven to be a resounding failure.

For reasons known only to the government, the Prayut administration bet all our lives and livelihood on vaccines produced by a failing company, Siam Bioscience, that had no prior experience in producing vaccines.
https://www.thaienquirer.com/26682/opin ... with-them/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

^^^ Whoa, that's a hard-hitting opinion piece. Nailed it, though. Then near the bottom is this:
Yet talking to private hospitals this week, the legislative hurdles remain in place and private hospitals have admitted to Thai Enquirer that privately sourced vaccines will not become a reality until Q3 or Q4 of this year.
It was already becoming clear that a vaccine acceptable to me (or most expats) wasn't going to be arriving any time soon, maybe late autumn, I thought, due to an absolute unavailability of said vaccines, at any price.

Before I read this, I had sent a message to a Canadian friend that I am tentatively planning to go back to Toronto in September or October to get my shots. Canada is already at 18% first-shot inoculation level, ranked 12th in the world. If it has a bumper May, June and July, I will likely be booking a flight home. The decision is feeling closer already.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm ^^^ Whoa, that's a hard-hitting opinion piece. Nailed it, though. Then near the bottom is this:
Yet talking to private hospitals this week, the legislative hurdles remain in place and private hospitals have admitted to Thai Enquirer that privately sourced vaccines will not become a reality until Q3 or Q4 of this year.
It was already becoming clear that a vaccine acceptable to me (or most expats) wasn't going to be arriving any time soon, maybe late autumn, I thought, due to an absolute unavailability of said vaccines, at any price.

Before I read this, I had sent a message to a Canadian friend that I am tentatively planning to go back to Toronto in September or October to get my shots. Canada is already at 18% first-shot inoculation level, ranked 12th in the world. If it has a bumper May, June and July, I will likely be booking a flight home. The decision is feeling closer already.
friend of mine just booked his ticket Phuket-Singapore- LA and he will get his 2 shots there and than return an do the 7 day quarantine ( unless that changes as well)
I considered it as well ( into sf ) but its 61,000 for next month, I can get the shots just about as soon as i land
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm ^^^ Whoa, that's a hard-hitting opinion piece. Nailed it, though. Then near the bottom is this:

friend of mine just booked his ticket Phuket-Singapore- LA and he will get his 2 shots there and than return an do the 7 day quarantine ( unless that changes as well)
I considered it as well ( into sf ) but its 61,000 for next month, I can get the shots just about as soon as i land
BKK to TPE to YYZ is THB65,000/CA$2600 economy return via EVA Air in late September. Just checked. Pricey indeed, as it's substantially more than the Prem Econ seats, which used to run about CA$2000. Still, it was fun to check flights again.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I got an e-mail 2 days ago regarding my outstanding Lon-Bkk-Lon flight with Thai Airways. They'd previously given a voucher code to allow rebooking and travel until 31-12-21, they've now extended it another year to 31-12-22. As good an indication as any as to the anticipated confidence and readiness of Thai Airways to resume normal international operations.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:50 pm
Well, at least one dose, then, since one in four Canadians have had their first dose, or 10.5 million out of 37 million. I see in today's news the shortages are mounting, with fridges going empty. At least Canada has been making headway, unlike my current hosts, Thailand.
On Canada, from yesterday:
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Omg really bad bad news again. 2,839 new cases (12) imported and 8 more dead.

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:12 am Omg really bad bad news again. 2,839 new cases (12) imported and 8 more dead.

That's the crux and all you need to know on a daily basis. No amount of PR prime time TV fluff, knee-jerk non-specific vaccine backtracking or pure wishful thinking coming from the incompetent and incapable Prayut and Anutin can counter the actual situation laid out in plain sight. Call it an inconvenient truth.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NO lockdown.....NO curfew
but it seems things are not getting better but worse>
more closures

From tomorrow, Monday, a lot more services, public spaces and businesses around Bangkok will be closed. Additionally events will be limited to just 20 people, down from the former limitation of 50 people. Face mask-wearing will be enforced with a fine of 20,000 baht, a situation that is now in force in 31 other provinces around the country.

But there is no curfew, although shopping centres must now close at 8pm, supermarkets at 9pm and convenience stores will have to close at 10pm until 4am. More about the early closing of those services in red zone provinces HERE.

Here is a list of the businesses, public spaces and service that will have to close from midnight tonight…

• Cinemas
• Water parks, amusement theme parks, inside and outside shopping malls
• Zoos
• Rollerblading and skateboard parks
• Snooker and billiards parlours
• Bowling alleys and video game shops
• Internet cafes
• Public swimming pools
• Exercise facilities and fitness centres
• Exhibition venue, Exhibition center, Convention center
• Museums
• Public libraries
• Plant nurseries
• Aged care facilities
• Boxing stadiums and boxing schools
• Martial arts studios
• Tattoo parlours
• Dance studios
• Horse racing
• Amulet shops
• Weight control clinics
• Health establishments, Thai massage and foot massage
• All kinds of sporting grounds
• Entertainment venues
• Service venues, meeting rooms, banquet rooms and other venues
• The opening of shopping centres from 11am-9pm
(this is out of step with the earlier edict closing shopping centres at 8pm – check with your local mall)
• Beauty salons, hairdressers – may open but customers have to wait outside
• All types of sports competition fields
• Public parks and exercise locations
• Convenience stores open from 5am – 10pm
• No gatherings of more than 20 people

when is a lockdown/curfew not a lockdown/curfew?

Provincial governors will be given the powers to impose tougher measures, including targeted curfews, to contain the spread of COVID-19 infections, under new guidelines to be issued by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Latest 11 more deaths and 2,438 new cases

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic