Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by armchairlawyer »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm It leaves me thinking I will have to return to Canada to get on the injection list. Hell, if I were there now, I'd probably already have had my two (Pfizer/Moderna) shots, based on age.
Mmm, maybe.
2.3% of Canada has had 2 doses.
https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid ... -coverage/
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm It leaves me thinking I will have to return to Canada to get on the injection list. Hell, if I were there now, I'd probably already have had my two (Pfizer/Moderna) shots, based on age.
Mmm, maybe.
2.3% of Canada has had 2 doses.
https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid ... -coverage/
Well, at least one dose, then, since one in four Canadians have had their first dose, or 10.5 million out of 37 million. I see in today's news the shortages are mounting, with fridges going empty. At least Canada has been making headway, unlike my current hosts, Thailand.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Seems like it’s stabilizing off

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LONG ways to go to reach the 70% they desire for herd immunity:

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:
First dose - 746,617 people
Second dose - 118,223 people

Yesterday, 141,670 people received their first dose and 10,560 received their second dose.

* The official population of #Thailand is 66,186,727.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:54 pm LONG ways to go to reach the 70% they desire for herd immunity:

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:
First dose - 746,617 people
Second dose - 118,223 people

Yesterday, 141,670 people received their first dose and 10,560 received their second dose.

* The official population of #Thailand is 66,186,727.
I posted a longer snippet in the vaccine thread. Chile reported on the poor effectiveness of Coronavac after ONE shot, based on millions of Chileans inoculated:
Chile published its own analysis of the limited efficacy of Sinovac's CoronaVac vaccine on its population last week. The shot was only 16% effective in preventing infection and 36% effective at keeping people out of the hospital after one dose.
So at the moment, Thailand has an enormous amount of work to do pumping AZ out the door and buying other vaccines. The only sure thing I can say is I'm expecting monumental under-achievement.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

for first shots, only 65,440,011 to go if it was the total population, in these terms it's only a scratch on the surface.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

If we exclude Myanmar given their dreadful civil situation even though it's the closest to Thailand population in the region, I'll be interested to see how Thailand's innoculation and eventual travel resumption program ends up compared to the speed of Vietnam with circa 97m and South Korea with circa 51m.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

4 more deaths
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

worst day yet,,,,

Although the COVID19 in Thailand hasn’t been as severe as in other countries, today we had a record 2,070 new cases in one day. There is also a record 19,873 people in care and 91 on ventilators. This month alone, 27 people have died
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NOTE the Rapid antigen test is FREE if ur thai

BUT
if ur not holding a Thai id card u need pay 500 Baht!!!

explaination;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic