Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

Vaccine on the way

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Vaccine from CCP almost arrive. The BIG question, will Prayut be the first in Thailand to inject?

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Fourkinnel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 am Can anyone confirm whether one can transit through BKK airport at this present time or seen anything re ease of restrictions? When I say transit, Manila -BKK, pick up flight same day. Supposed to be flying to UK 8th April.
It might be irrelevant for me if the UK doesn't drop the mandatory quarantine for some of the 33 countries on the black list, UAE being one where me transiting for 2 hours in Dubai would mean having to spend around £2k to stop in a hotel 20 mins from my house. Fuck that!
As with all Thai announcements, don't bet the house on it happening. However, it announced yesterday that among many easements of restrictions, it will allow transit passengers through Suvarnabhumi.
"Their stay at the airport is limited to 12 hours. They will be confined to a specific area in the terminal, and not be allowed to visit shops there," said Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ent-venues
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:03 am
Fourkinnel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 am Can anyone confirm whether one can transit through BKK airport at this present time or seen anything re ease of restrictions? When I say transit, Manila -BKK, pick up flight same day. Supposed to be flying to UK 8th April.
It might be irrelevant for me if the UK doesn't drop the mandatory quarantine for some of the 33 countries on the black list, UAE being one where me transiting for 2 hours in Dubai would mean having to spend around £2k to stop in a hotel 20 mins from my house. Fuck that!
As with all Thai announcements, don't bet the house on it happening. However, it announced yesterday that among many easements of restrictions, it will allow transit passengers through Suvarnabhumi.
"Their stay at the airport is limited to 12 hours. They will be confined to a specific area in the terminal, and not be allowed to visit shops there," said Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) spokesman Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ent-venues
on ur link:
"
Transit passengers at Suvarnabhumi had to show fit-to-fly and Covid-free certificates, as well as health insurance documents.
Thailand requires $100,000 insurance to enter and must specify its valid for covid...
thats going to stop a lot of people transit Bangkok

Suggest you look into a flight that transits Singapore....and fly Singapore airlines

from the link.
'
,......LOL
"Yacht crews and their passengers might even be allowed to swim in the sea during their quarantine period," said Dr Taweesilp.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

all this about a coivd passport is just air/wishful thinking
The first shipment of the Sinovac-developed vaccine, containing nearly 200,000 doses, arrives in Thailand on Wednesday morning. The government said up to 2 million doses made by the Chinese pharmaceutical will be secured by April.

Although several media reports in recent weeks suggest that Thailand will soon allow tourists who are already vaccinated against COVID-19 to visit without undergoing quarantine, Pipat is less than committed to the idea.

“We will have to see how many Thais are vaccinated by the end of the year,” the tourism minister said. “And we will have to see whether the Department of Health can issue vaccine passports by then. If so, then we will submit the proposal.”

He gave no timeline, but said the proposal will probably be submitted to the pandemic center by “the 3rd quarter” at the earliest.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/cri ... tinations/
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'll stick to my 2 million forecast for tourist arrivals this year.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:11 pm I'll stick to my 2 million forecast for tourist arrivals this year.
soon as sco-mo lets me out I'm down
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:11 pm I'll stick to my 2 million forecast for tourist arrivals this year.
Sounds a lot more realistic than other estimates I've seen!
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So, is this idiot going to be jabbed with Sinovac or not?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic