Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:39 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:33 am agree
life in phuket sans tourists is grand, cant think of anyplace i'd rather be "stuck"
hows life in Phuket mate? it doesnt seem to have been effected much with covid, are bars n restaurants still open etc? life pretty normal?
Much of the west coast that is tourist related is dead
but down south and phuket town, life is as a low season. Kamala is 75% open , a busy day on the beach at 4 pm, when i head down, will see 100-120 people, 50% thais on the beach
Only closures are tourism related cause NO tourists.
its lovely here
We have had 3 cases ( a biker got it and gave it to his 2 kids) in the past 8 months
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a few random shots around bangkok

Khao San rd

Patpong

Surawong

Soi Thanyia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

emm
Expatriate
Austria

Pattaya Addicts see a sign of hope

Post by emm »

Tourist lift tipped for Pattaya

CHON BURI: Tourists are expected to soon start flocking back to Pattaya amid a far brighter Covid-19 outlook and with the mandatory 14-day quarantine no longer being enforced.

The president of the Thai Hotels Association Eastern Chapter, Phisut Sae-khu, said Chon Buri might be removed from the government's list of "red zones" after it reported zero new infections several days in a row.
Businesses in Pattaya and the local office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand were working together to promote the city's tourism, especially during the Songkran Festival in April this year when the pandemic is expected to significantly recede, he said.

Meanwhile, Chon Buri governor Pakarathorn Thianchai said he had informed the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) of the province's recent zero case status.

source:https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/20 ... or-pattaya

unquote
Perhaps this optimism is a bit premature but my HOPE is that his prediction will come true by April ! (2022)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"The latest update by TAT Newsroom on transportation around #Thailand. There is no national ban on interprovincial travel, however, if you come from Samut Sakhon and provinces in the red zone, you may need travel permits and do quarantine. "
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Everyone had high hopes that once you got ur 2 does and ur vaccine card, quarantine would be waived.

Well that was just a pipe dream

Health chiefs reject serum passport idea
THAILAND: Health authorities have dismissed the possibility of applying the World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine passport regulation for international travelling as there is still no proof any vaccines are totally effective in preventing Sars-CoV-2 transmission.

All countries should follow the WHO’s 2005 International Health Regulations when it comes to traveling from one country to another, he said. The best international agreement on travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic is still a 14-day quarantine, he said.

He was responding to calls for Thailand to adopt the vaccine passport regulation for use on travellers during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Earlier last week, the Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) urged the government to consider issuing a COVID-19 vaccine passport to Thais who are vaccinated against COVID-19 for use as a certificate when travelling to other countries.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/health-ch ... v8NfYkSwRM

so whats the plan? wait till 70% of the world is vaccinated before tourism can start?

and possible further delays
The Thai government won’t procure Covid-19 vaccines through the World Health Organization-backed Covax program for now because the conditions are too strict. The move may put the country at risk of getting delayed vaccines at higher prices.

Under the program, Thailand would be charged extra for booking and it would have limitations on the producers and delivery period. Covax also requires a minimum purchase of 10% of a country’s population for a fast order with conditions and costs, Nakorn Premsri, director of Thailand’s National Vaccine Institute, said in a statement late Saturday.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... conditions
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yippeeeeee

now if they can just get it rolling

Thailand’s health minister on Monday gave the strongest indication yet that expats residing in the country will be included in the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccination.
Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that all residents in Thailand, including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

“The 63 million doses of the vaccination are enough to cover the public, and it’s within our capacity to provide free vaccinations,” Anutin said.
“Our policy is to not leave anyone behind and we must inoculate anyone at risk of spreading the virus, not only Thais. So the vaccines will cover everyone that resides in Thailand.”
Anutin said that 200,000 doses of the Chinese CoronaVac will arrive in Thailand later this month, followed by a supply of the AstraZeneca vaccine, Bangkok Biz News reported.

Thailand will then begin domestic production of 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Officials have indicated that production of the vaccine will begin around May or June.
By the end of April, a further 2 million doses of the Sinovac will arrive in Thailand, which will be given to those deemed most in need, such as front line health care workers and those with underlying health conditions.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120533 ... 3Oo6dpODiQ

BUT as this is Thailand, will believe it once i see the needle in my arm
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:31 pmAnutin said that 200,000 doses of the Chinese CoronaVac will arrive in Thailand later this month, followed by a supply of the AstraZeneca vaccine, Bangkok Biz News reported.
Please kill me, I’m better dead, before fucking Prayut inject me with these fucking chinky vaccine.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:31 pm yippeeeeee

now if they can just get it rolling

Thailand’s health minister on Monday gave the strongest indication yet that expats residing in the country will be included in the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccination.
Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that all residents in Thailand, including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

“The 63 million doses of the vaccination are enough to cover the public, and it’s within our capacity to provide free vaccinations,” Anutin said.
“Our policy is to not leave anyone behind and we must inoculate anyone at risk of spreading the virus, not only Thais. So the vaccines will cover everyone that resides in Thailand.”
Anutin said that 200,000 doses of the Chinese CoronaVac will arrive in Thailand later this month, followed by a supply of the AstraZeneca vaccine, Bangkok Biz News reported.

Thailand will then begin domestic production of 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Officials have indicated that production of the vaccine will begin around May or June.
By the end of April, a further 2 million doses of the Sinovac will arrive in Thailand, which will be given to those deemed most in need, such as front line health care workers and those with underlying health conditions.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120533 ... 3Oo6dpODiQ

BUT as this is Thailand, will believe it once i see the needle in my arm
Isn't the cost only about 500 baht? sure I read that figure somewhere.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I wouldn't get too excited yet. I would take neither the Chinese crap nor the AstraZeneca crap for free (unless I'm being forced, obviously).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic