Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Documents required to enter 5 provinces
People advised to refrain from travelling to and from badly affected areas if possible
published : 9 Jan 2021 at 18:28

People who travel to and from five provinces hit the hardest by re-emerging Covid-91 to have official documents stating their necessities.

The five provinces are Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Chon Buri, Chanthaburi and Trat, part of the red zone where maximum control is in place, according to a new order by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration published in the Royal Gazette on Friday

In general, people are advised to refrain from travelling to and from the provinces until Jan 31 or when the situation improves.

But if they have to, they must apply for the documents stating why they must go there and have the Mor Chana application installed on their mobile phones.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -provinces
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MartyConeyBarrett
Tourist
Thailand

Post by MartyConeyBarrett »

But they won't call it a lockdown hahaha
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

roll out,
so the question is when will the drop the 15 day quarantine? as long as they require it, tourism doesn't stand a chance. Even by early 2022 less than 50% of the population will be vaccinated.

i see NO vaccines available for sale but have read private hospitals will be selling the vaccine for between 6-10,000 baht/dose!!

My partner owns a gem store in the Jewelry trade center off Silom. He has sold less than 5% of usual sales in the past year and tells me shops are closing.. Its not getting better.

Outbreak hurts riverside hotels
Hotels located by the Chao Phraya River are suffering from the fresh coronavirus outbreak as the domestic market avoids Bangkok, which has been designated a red zone with strict rules.

As borders remain closed, the Bangkok tourism market has shifted from foreigners to domestic travellers from provincial areas visiting the capital, with some growth recorded before the New Year holiday, said Daecha Tangsin, executive vice-president of Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside.

The occupancy rate of riverside hotels, which have around 8,000 rooms, is expected to plunge to single digits with no new bookings.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2048775
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:43 am Image

For me I'd pay not to be vaccinated by some chinky vaccine know by some sinocrap nam
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/ ... from-govt/

Opinion: We’ve Had Enough of COVID Confusion From Gov’t
By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer -
January 10, 2021 8:00 am

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha visits a state-run coronavirus quarantine facility in Bangkok on April 12, 2020.

Confusion, confusion and more confusions can be expected if the government doesn’t learn from this week.

As the government tries to contain the second outbreak of coronavirus, new regulations were passed, then hours later repeal, rescinded or reversed, again and again. Examples over the past week include whether parts of Thailand will be in a lockdown, whether on-site dining at restaurants in Bangkok ends at 7pm and whether the government’s tracking App is mandatory.

Do not ask me whether one can still travel from Bangkok to Chon Buri, both red-zones which means highly infected areas and restricted, without a government permit. Don’t ask me how long fitness gyms will be closed or how much longer can you buy booze legally. Things seem to be changing with little notice within hours and there’s no point trying to write a definitive rule that could be reversed in just a few hours.

What I am more interested in this column is to try to understand and explain all the confusions. Basically, it boils down to a few factors.

Let’s start from a positive explanation. The government of Gen Prayut Chan-ocha is basically like a cook trying to balance the various tastes to come up with the best dish. In this case as Prayut said himself earlier this week, he’s trying to strike a balance between protecting public health and the economy.

Let’s face it, the government cannot keep on borrowing money with no end and avoid the economy sinking into the abyss. Last year was already a painful period and if anything, Prayut must have learned that you cannot save people if you push more into unemployment and destitution.

So instead of a nation-wide lockdown that would lead to massive state compensation for workers affected, the government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration spokesman Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Sunday that they won’t even use the word lockdown because by doing so “there must be some [state] compensations”.

Like fuzzy logic, Prayut is trying to strike a balance. Bear with him and his men while they try to figure out how much non-lockdown lockdown is too much or too little.

On Thursday when Taweesin said live on TV during his daily update that coronavirus patients who were found without virus tracking application would be prosecuted, it didn’t take long before he reversed the course.

It took a few hours of public outcry by netizens, civil rights and privacy activists before he did a U-turn. Taweesin and the government apparently realized it was too much and the public won’t put up with it and on Friday, he apologized on TV.

Well, even if one gives the best benefit of the doubt to Prayut and his men, one hopes they could have communicated better among themselves and be more sincere before issuing the latest order. Take dine-in restriction time for example.

Why did Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang on Monday noon wasted his time and face ordering all restaurants not to allow dine from 7pm to 6am only to see Prayut repealing it within hours before it even came into effect and extended it to 9pm to 6am instead?

This clearly shows a lack of communication and coordination among various key figures in charge.

The dine-in case shows that Prayut, despite trying to relegate authorities to all governors to decide how best to control the outbreak, with nearly 10,000 accumulated infections as of this weekend, still clings to power and reverse decisions by others whom he relegated powers if he disagrees.

Decentralization is easier said than done for Prayut, a former junta leader, as he overrides the order of the Bangkok governor.

Yes, I personally think that dine-in restrictions from 9pm makes more sense and I was told by Taniwan Koommongkon, president of Thai Restaurant Association on Wednesday that the association desperately warned the prime minister of the dire economic consequences after learning about the Bangkok governor’s decision.

I wish the three could have just held a Zoom conference for 5 minutes before the government would make the public more confused as they are in fear enough with the second pandemic outbreak.

Taniwan told me that Aswin could have rang her up. And as Wednesday, after the governor’s order was overridden, City Hall didn’t even bother to contact her to discuss the best way to balance public health and the economy going forward.

Hopefully there will be less U-turn, more coordination, more listening, sincerity and less confusions.

A week of confusion should suffice. The public deserve better.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Obviously it would take at least 18 months to 2 years to determine if a vaccine was safe for pregnant women. Take it at your own risk.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Dunderhead wrote:Obviously it would take at least 18 months to 2 years to determine if a vaccine was safe for pregnant women. Take it at your own risk.
So it would be much better for the world to stay in lockdown for 2 more years to be sure it’s completely safe for pregnant women? Can governments continue to pay out for zero economic activity for another 2 more years?

Would you be willing NOT to fly for the rest of your life, if proof of vaccination was mandatory for getting on an airplane?

I hope the Thai government find the best solution.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thailand Logs 287 New Covid Cases Tuesday
12/01/21 17:58
BANGKOK, Jan. 12 (Bangkok Post) - Thailand on Tuesday reported 287 new coronavirus cases, 278 of them local transmissions, bringing the total since Covid-19 first appeared in January 2020 to 10,834.

No new deaths were reported, leaving the accumulated toll at 67.

Of the 287 new cases, 153 were detected through the normal health system, 125 through active case finding and nine were quarantined arrivals.
- FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:35 pm
Dunderhead wrote:Obviously it would take at least 18 months to 2 years to determine if a vaccine was safe for pregnant women. Take it at your own risk.
So it would be much better for the world to stay in lockdown for 2 more years to be sure it’s completely safe for pregnant women? Can governments continue to pay out for zero economic activity for another 2 more years?

Would you be willing NOT to fly for the rest of your life, if proof of vaccination was mandatory for getting on an airplane?

I hope the Thai government find the best solution.
First lockdown games are not ending anytime soon, and the world is not in lockdown, some governments have destoyed sectors of their economy by locking down and this is deliberate, if you believe proof of vaccination will allow you to fly about again you are engaged in wishful thinking. My willingness to fly or not is irrelevant, you and I will not be allowed to fly period. Well you will probably be allowed to return to the country on your passport but it will be a one way trip as countless people have already realized by now. The Thai government is one of many that are busy increasing their powers, that is what governments always do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic