New 2020 GPX Legend 250cc twin

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

New 2020 GPX Legend 250cc twin

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Came across this new model on Khmer24 ...seems well priced at $2980 for the kit and gone is the silly model name 'Gentleman'.

Is this a game changer for GPX? Or will it go the way of 'Stallion'... Yay or nay?

ImageImageImageImageImage

https://www.gpxthailand.com/en/GPX-Legend-250Twin

https://www.khmer24.com/en/motorcycles/ ... 36875.html
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: New 2020 GPX Legend 250cc twin

Post by Jerry Atrick »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:44 pm Came across this new model on Khmer24 ...seems well priced at $2980 for the kit and gone is the silly model name 'Gentleman'.

Is this a game changer for GPX? Or will it go the way of 'Stallion'... Yay or nay?

ImageImageImageImageImage

https://www.gpxthailand.com/en/GPX-Legend-250Twin

https://www.khmer24.com/en/motorcycles/ ... 36875.html
I've been somewhat obsessed with bikes for decades, and never heard of this before.

Looks like copy of some old Yamaha commuter bike.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cylinder heads look similar to Honda Rebel 250

Can't find any road reviews of this new model yet on google.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

It's got an external oil cooler, which is always a plus
Parallel twins are my least favorite engine layout though
up to you...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Twin discs up front seems overkill..
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

Looks neat, in an old school british way. The radiator is too big to be for oil, must be watercooled. I'd like to see one for a bit more detail. Gpx has been around a few years now so I think their reliability is ok. If I remember right, Gpx is chinese designed and assembled in Thailand but no idea if that is still the same.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Oil cooled
up to you...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Roadie wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm Gpx has been around a few years now so I think their reliability is ok. If I remember right, Gpx is chinese designed and assembled in Thailand but no idea if that is still the same.
Yeah, the fact that GPX has been around a while gives some confidence unlike Stallion for example. Then again, whilst there are 2 shops (1 as per khmer24 above and another one @GPX Cambodia on FB with a store on Norodom and another one at Aeon 2)..I don't see many actually on the roads. So to my mind resale values could be poor. OTOH good luck getting an equivalent from the main stream brands for under $3k.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 pm
Roadie wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm Gpx has been around a few years now so I think their reliability is ok. If I remember right, Gpx is chinese designed and assembled in Thailand but no idea if that is still the same.
Yeah, the fact that GPX has been around a while gives some confidence unlike Stallion for example. Then again, whilst there are 2 shops (1 as per khmer24 above and another one @GPX Cambodia on FB with a store on Norodom and another one at Aeon 2)..I don't see many actually on the roads. So to my mind resale values could be poor. OTOH good luck getting an equivalent from the main stream brands for under $3k.
I'd be inclined to agree on the resale issues Clutch. I know you thought double discs might be overkill, but on Cambodia roads might make a difference between life and death?? Does it have ABS?

It's an attractive bike, not my personal cup of tea, but certainly looks like it could withstand the daily rigours of Khmer-living.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Why worry about resale for the price if you get 4-5 years fun out of it anymore is a bonus and you could give it away
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic