Elephants attack cars in National Park

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Elephants attack cars in National Park

Post by Anchor Moy »

Apparently due to the mating season ??

Visitors to Thailand’s Khao Yai national park have been warned to be cautious after attacks by elephants damaged cars, a shop and a restaurant.

Officials at the park, near Bangkok, said an elephant attacked the park’s grocery store and shattered windows with its trunk on Monday.

The rampage followed an attack at the weekend, where an elephant rubbed against cars before ramming into and tearing off the bumper of a small saloon.

No injuries were reported in either incident, and officials did not say whether it was the same animal in both attacks. Kanchit Srinoppawan, the park’s chief, told the BBC the aggressive behaviour was the result of the mating season.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 76123.html
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Elephants attack cars in National Park

Post by General Mackevili »

Here are 2 different videos from the elephant attacks on cars in the Thailand National Park today:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Wow, that must have been quite frightening sitting in the car. Should make some interesting reading on the insurance form :

Cause of damage - an Elephant tried to shag my car.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

elephants seem to have enough of that thais?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Wow, that must have been quite frightening sitting in the car. Should make some interesting reading on the insurance form :

Cause of damage - an Elephant tried to shag my car.
Could be highly embarrassing : what did you do to attract it, were you (or your car) drunk, wearing a short skirt etc ? In that case, we don't pay out ... :(
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Should make some interesting reading on the insurance form
To the best of my knowledge I still good the record for writing off a WA public service vehicle in the shortest amount of time. The 4WD came off the delivery truck, I drove it to the next town to deliver a lecture. On the way, I approached a bushfire, and hit a kangaroo that was spooked by the fire. The roo pushed the radiator in, the vehicle seized, and then the bushfire burned the car. Ironically, my passenger and I were saved by UK backpackers in a Kanga Van. That night, a Category 4 cyclone flooded the area the vehicle was standing in. The insurance form took a while, and the lads from the government insurers later contacted me to thank me for the 'diagrams' I drew.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Admittedly, my story would be better with elephants.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

StroppyChops wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Should make some interesting reading on the insurance form
To the best of my knowledge I still good the record for writing off a WA public service vehicle in the shortest amount of time. The 4WD came off the delivery truck, I drove it to the next town to deliver a lecture. On the way, I approached a bushfire, and hit a kangaroo that was spooked by the fire. The roo pushed the radiator in, the vehicle seized, and then the bushfire burned the car. Ironically, my passenger and I were saved by UK backpackers in a Kanga Van. That night, a Category 4 cyclone flooded the area the vehicle was standing in. The insurance form took a while, and the lads from the government insurers later contacted me to thank me for the 'diagrams' I drew.
Is your middle name Lucky ! :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic