Meeting people in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Meeting people in Phnom Penh?

Post by Yerg »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 am Stay away from anywhere Mishmash goes, He is a troublesome twat by any account.
How bizarre, you're not the first person to say that... :beer2:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Yerg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:00 am
Mishmash wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 am Stay away from anywhere Mishmash goes, He is a troublesome twat by any account.
Bizarre indeed...But more beers for Mish and real Gents and Ladies of course
:beer3: :beer1: :beer2:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:04 am
Yerg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:00 am
Bizarre indeed...But more beers for Mish and real Gents and Ladies of course
:beer3: :beer1: :beer2:
You mean "Laydeeeeez"!!!! :wink: :lol: :stir:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: meeting people in pp

Post by pczz »

Yerg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:05 am
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:16 pm i would rather discuss middle east politics than...
I'm the same, I couldn't give a flying fuck about sport - but at the same time I don't want to get into discussions about the Middle East - that just ends in tears. :roll:
We could discuss the migratory patterns of the North Eastern Tern. Would that suit, instead?
Hmm, thats still about birds, just the feathered variety. Sadly i nnever developed a liking for our avian friends. too much poop on my windscreen, washing, windows etc
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Badoo or Tinder for meeting women.

Hash House Harriers for making new friends in a healthy environment.

https://www.p2h3.com/

Or hang out in bars.
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

A little off topic, sorry for the derailment lol,

I am sure I am not the only one here that has been out, had a cracking night on the beers and in the process got to chatting with a number of new peeps throughout the night whilst in a varied state of consciousness. Only to wake up the next day thinking, he seemed like a good bloke, what the hell was his name? and where/when did we plan to meet up for the next mission?
What people’s thoughts on a missed connection thread on this forum?

Alternately, Any restaurant along riverside, Larrys, Outpost and Aussie XL are great places for a yarn
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

the challenge is not meeting people...it is meeting people who can be trusted and become your actual friend...
it matters little if you are in your home town bar or along the riverside in PP.
facebook has a button that makes the entire world your friend....not!
How many real friends do you meet in a lifetime?
My stepfather was a great man and had many acquaintances and colleagues. But, I can remember just a few true friends..
I have enjoyed ...a bit late in life...many nights Riverside....I must admit, I stick to just a few haunts.
I never have lived in PP ...only a week here a few days there...I never was looking to meet expats.
I have a small group of true friends in the USA who are bit shocked I walked away to live in Cambodia.
The best friend I ever had was the father of my ex in Argentina..
I miss him...
It is easy to meet superficial friends these days.
I guess if I was in PP and wanted expat friends, I would hit some bars that were sports oriented without ladies or a low key lady vibe.
I think one should keep their expectations to a minimum.
Just do what makes you happy and maybe you will meet others who enjoy the same.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: Vs :dragonchase: (3/we Most of the previously suggested restaurants located by riverside are patronized by garden - variety ,stereotypical ,sheep- like white tourists ,who pay top $ $$ for mainstream , unremarkable ,food and overpriced drinks.
90 % of them have never experienced anywhere else apart from Siem Reap, Shitanook or street 136 .A few of the more braver may even have been to Kampot. Even though these lightweights may have been here for a while they still struggle to count to 5 in khmer,.
So bloke if its mediocre,, unremarkable, blobs you want to connect with that's your " go too "place.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

MarkRobinson wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:12 am :dragonchase: Vs :dragonchase: (3/we Most of the previously suggested restaurants located by riverside are patronized by garden - variety ,stereotypical ,sheep- like white tourists ,who pay top $ $$ for mainstream , unremarkable ,food and overpriced drinks.
90 % of them have never experienced anywhere else apart from Siem Reap, Shitanook or street 136 .A few of the more braver may even have been to Kampot. Even though these lightweights may have been here for a while they still struggle to count to 5 in khmer,.
So bloke if its mediocre,, unremarkable, blobs you want to connect with that's your " go too "place.
Are you related to Explorer by any chance?
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

BigDee wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 am A little off topic, sorry for the derailment lol,

I am sure I am not the only one here that has been out, had a cracking night on the beers and in the process got to chatting with a number of new peeps throughout the night whilst in a varied state of consciousness. Only to wake up the next day thinking, he seemed like a good bloke, what the hell was his name? and where/when did we plan to meet up for the next mission?
What people’s thoughts on a missed connection thread on this forum?

Alternately, Any restaurant along riverside, Larrys, Outpost and Aussie XL are great places for a yarn
Usually people are regulars to the place of hangouts.
If you intend to meet the same good bloke, chances are, he will still be there the same place and table you had drinks with the other night... :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic