Psar Kandal Massage Switches $1320 on Korean Customer

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Psar Kandal Massage Switches $1320 on Korean Customer

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The stealing and money-switching in Phnom Penh's massage parlors is approaching epidemic levels, as foreign customers in particular continue to carry large amounts of cash into seedy massage dens.
Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: On February 27, 2020 at 10:30 pm, authorities detained a suspect for stealing from a massage parlor located at # 8Eo, Street 118, Village 2, Phsar Kandal 1, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. (Entire address given here for forum members' information.)

The suspect, Sao Rith alias Vav, is a 25-year-old Cambodian national who runs the massage parlor. When the victim, Jeon Gwangho, a 43-year-old Korean man, went for a massage, he removed his clothes and kept his wallet close by. However, during the massage, Sao Rith entered the room and exchanged $1320 from the wallet with fake hundred dollar notes. After the victim noticed the switch, he went to file a complaint with police.
By the next morning, combined local police forces had tracked down the suspect and made him confess. At first, he tried to say that he only had $700, but eventually the police found the rest of the stolen money and returned it to the victim.
The Inspector General is constructing a case to be sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for the implementation of the legal procedure against the suspect, Sao Rith.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Psar Kandal Massage Switches $1320 on Korean Customer

Post by hanno »

Again and again and again: anyone who goes to a rub-n'-tag with that sort of money deserves to get done.

P.S.: the Korean might have the last laugh, having just spread Corona throughout the premises......
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

What a fruitcake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Playing devils advocate, somewhat.

$1320 is a strange number. Maybe there’s been some editing to keep the story length down. A little economy with the facts. Especially when the $100 bills are mentioned.
I do wonder myself if the popularity of these rubntug note swaps is leading folk to take advantage, as previously mentioned in another similar thread.

While I have nothing specific against the perps getting duped, there’s surely a chance that this may go entirely the other way? Somewhat getting caught out embellishing the facts.*

*I'm not stating that this is actually the case. But the number of potentially dull-witted customers reporting these crimes does seem
to be on the increase.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic