Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 am England Accepts Vaccination Certification from Cambodia from 1 November

Yes, just England for now, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland have their own rules but are likely to follow suit.

That's the good news. The bad news is they still will not accept SinoVac or SinoPharm.

So, if you want to go to UK and are lucky enough to have been vaccinated with a full course of one on the approved list, you can now enter the UK without any self isolation requirements. However, you will still need a day 2 (or earlier) test, to be booked and paid for prior to travel. You can do this at the airport.

The UK's obsession with lining the pockets of the lucky few in the testing racket is very much like Cambodia and their quarantine racket.

Approved country list update

Approved Vaccines

Read all about it...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... mmediately

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-e ... s-covid-19
UPDATE:
UK accepts Sinovac from November 22.

Approved vaccines
You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca
Pfizer BioNTech
Moderna
Janssen
and from 4am 22 November, World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines:

Sinovac
Sinopharm Beijing
Covaxin

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... accination
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

And including Cambodia...

Singapore to allow quarantine-free travel for six more countries, including Sri Lanka
Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 16:40
Travellers from Thailand, Cambodia, Fiji, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Turkey will be able to enter Singapore quarantine-free from the middle of next month, with the launch of six new vaccinated travel lanes (VTLs), the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) said.

This will take the total number of air VTLs announced so far to 27.

Pre-pandemic, these 27 countries contributed to about 60 per cent of the total daily arrivals at Changi Airport, CAAS said.

The new travel lanes will further broaden Changi’s network and help reclaim and rebuild Singapore’s status as an international aviation hub with global connectivity, CAAS added.

Travellers from Thailand may enter Singapore under the VTL from Dec 14. Applications for vaccinated travel passes under the travel lane will open on Dec 7 at 10am.

Travellers from Cambodia, Fiji, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Turkey may enter Singapore under the VTL from Dec 16, and they can start to apply for travel passes from 10am on Dec 9.

With the launch of the six new VTLs, the daily quota of travellers allowed to enter Singapore under the VTL scheme will also be raised from 10,000 to 15,000.

This quota is about a third of the total pre-Covid-19 flows from the 27 countries that have established VTLs with Singapore, Transport Minister S. Iswaran told reporters at a virtual briefing on Friday.

“This is a further calibrated expansion of the VTL scheme to reconnect Singapore with the world while managing the public health risk,” he said.

Under the VTL scheme, fully vaccinated travellers from VTL countries may enter Singapore without quarantine and just need to undergo Covid-19 testing.

Children aged 12 years and below in the calendar year who are not vaccinated will be allowed to travel under the VTL into Singapore if they are accompanied by a VTL traveller who meets all VTL requirements.

Cambodia, Fiji, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Turkey are all in Category 2 of the Ministry of Health’s Covid-19 risk classification for border measures, and have similar or lower Covid-19 infection rates than Singapore and the other VTL countries, CAAS said.
http://www.dailynews.lk/2021/11/28/loca ... luding-sri
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Fiji Now Offering Quarantine-Free Travel to Visitors from Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, December 06, 2021 --

Fiji started offering quarantine-free travel to vaccinated visitors from Cambodia last week, according to the Pacific island nation’s Ministry of Commerce, Trade, Tourism and Transport.

The ministry says Cambodia is among several dozen countries designated as Fiji Travel Partners whose entry requirements are easier than those for non-partner countries.

Apart from Cambodia, the ministry says only three other Asian countries have the partner designation — Japan, South Korea and Singapore.

Fiji opened to vaccinated visitors on Dec. 1.

“In this new world we live in, it’s nice to know there’s still a place where you can find true happiness,” the ministry says.

Located between Australia and Hawaii, the Melanesian archipelago has traditionally been a popular destination for tourists from Australia, New Zealand and the United States.

A Phnom Penh travel agent said Fiji Airways currently has weekly flights to Singapore, which is due to start offering quarantine-free travel from six more countries including Cambodia next week. The other five are Fiji, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Thailand and Turkey.

Fiji is the largest Melanesian nation after Papua New Guinea and its capital Suva serves as a regional centre for the South Pacific. Melanesia also includes the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and the French colony of New Caledonia.
-AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Just so you know...the flight time Singapore>Fiji is approx. 9hrs 44mins plus your PP connection thumbdown
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

From Facebook today:

South East Asia Travelling
Tommy Walker ·
Vietnam is opening again! 🇻🇳
Vietnam will resume its regular international flights on December 15, 2021 in 2 stages as follows:
Stage 1: 2 weeks, starting December 15
Air routes: between Vietnam and Beijing (China), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (the Republic of Korea), Taipei (Taiwan), Bangkok (Thailand), Singapore, Vientiane (Laos), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), San Francisco, or Los Angeles (the United States).
Departure/Arrival Airports in Vietnam: Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat
Flight frequency: 4 flights/week/route/way
Stage 2: Starting January 2022
More air routes: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Hong Kong, Paris (France), Frankfurt (Germany), Sydney (Australia), and Moscow (Russia).
Departure/Arrival Airports in Vietnam: Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Da Nang, Cam Ranh, Phu Quoc, and Van Don
Flight frequency: 7 flights/week/route/way

This plan was accepted by the Ministries of Vietnam at their meeting on Dec. 9. In addition, at another meeting on Dec. 8, the Deputy Prime Minister of Vietnam suggested:
Fully vaccinated travelers can isolate themselves at home or accommodation of their choice for a specific period.
Only those who are not vaccinated need to be kept in centralized facilities and be isolated there.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hong kong is still 21 days quarantine:: YIKES
Hong Kong’s 21-day quarantine requirement, among the toughest Covid-19 prevention measures worldwide, will remain in place for at least several more months as the city aims to maintain zero infections to enable a full border reopening with the mainland.

....With the rise of more contagious mutant strains such as Delta and Omicron, the number of nations on Hong Kong’s high-risk list has grown to 75. Only fully-vaccinated Hong Kong residents are allowed to travel from these countries to Hong Kong.

With the rise of Omicron, people from the US and 12 African countries must be isolated at quarantine camps for a week before they can finish the remaining 14-day quarantine period at hotels. Apart from these, newly-arrived domestic workers and flight crews also have to stay at quarantine camps.

On the mainland, all incoming travelers are required to be isolated at hotels for 14 days, plus a seven-day home quarantine. In Taiwan, travelers need to be quarantined at hotels for 14 days only.
https://asiatimes.com/2021/12/hell-is-2 ... d7ff190aa4
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nick&Bun
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nick&Bun »

Left Manchester UK on fri 10th arrived back home in Koh Kong at sunset on Sunday 12th. No major problems encountered.
Man to Dubai to BKK to Penom Phen
1 hour layover in dubai and 14 hour layover in BKK.
Due to a massive wave of anxiety from the new covid wave I bought my ticket first then sorted the paperwork.
Tourist Evisa online and GBP45 insurance, covid test booked for a 3 hour turnaround at the airport before departure.
After reading on one of CEOs pages problems with insurance and Thai transit if not specifying Thailand on it, I purchased further insurance for the duration of my transit in Thailand, only to discover that it also did not specify the country name (only world wide) on it. I printed a copy of the insurance definition of “world wide” to prove it covered Thailand, and hoped for the best. Visa arrived in about 36 hours, I printed it in colour.
I have been doing lateral flow tests for 3 days before departure.
Receiving my negative covid test certificate and having a wet signature and stamp placed on it was the first problem to resolve, when I first asked the clerk who had given me the certificate if they would stamp and sign it they refused to sign it but said a stamp was possible. The certificate itself has a stamp and signature already on it but as it is received digitally then printed they are not “wet”. I explained that immigration in some south east countries are very particular to such details and how important this trip was to me as I was returning home to my wife and kids after being stranded in the UK for 2 years and 2 months. I then asked if they would be kind enough to take the certificate to one of the health professionals that are currently conducting the PCR tests to sign the certificate to prove it was issued by themselves. Much to my relief they were willing to go and ask their manager what should be done. I started to quietly prey to any entity that would listen. A few minutes later I received the paperwork with a wet stamp and signature on it. With gushings of almost tearful thanks I make my way toward the first flight.
A few days before all of this I had decided that taking a bag full of broken cloths halfway around the world was not worth it and that I would travel with hand luggage only.
Next step receiving my boarding passes. At checkin they checked all my paperwork ensuring I met the criteria for the final destination of Cambodia. They were very hesitant, I guess this trip was not common. It took confirmation of the manager for the checkin clerk to hand over all 3 boarding passes. Talk about cutbacks, they were printed out on thermal receipt paper, they had to survive a very long journey.
Flight Man to Dubai 20 min late taking off, with only an hour to transit that puts my very, very important smoke break at risk. Flight was packed to the rafters and with a very large helping of screaming children.
Arrived close to ontime, rushed through dubai airport, did get a smoke, i will buy a new flight if i have to. I did get my connecting flight to BKK. Flight to BKK was again full but far, far more peaceful, arrived on time. Massive anxiety about a 14 hour layover. All paperwork checked and with no problems passed into flightside at BKK airport, my home for the next 14 hours. I have seen written in many places that transit should not be more than 10 hours. I see why now, most of the shops and amenities are still being built and or renovated. Time went very slowly, no smokebreak, how badly I now need a cigarette is starting to feel dangerous.
I boarded my final leg to Phnom Penh without any problems and what felt like a blink of the eye later landed back in what I consider my adopted home country. Immigration was efficient and friendly, about 2 hours in total passed quickly. Finally first smoke in about 24 hours, starting to feel human again, the cold of british winter already a memory in the glorious 30 degree heat. A few hours in a taxi, every view out of the widow reminding me of the hundreds of small things here that I love and appreciate so much, the quiet simplicity of almost everything, the natural pace, the genuine smiles, the beautiful and dramatic landscapes and happy, happy people. Arriving back home during a perfectly timed sunset, to the arms of my family and a cold beer.
Cheers to you all and a very big thanks, as CEO was a massive help in pre planning this very important trip home.
...Update… unFing believable, after all the hoop jumping, all the testing, all the checks and “wet stamps/signatures” I have just been contacted and told to isolate for 14 days as someone on one of my flights has tested positive for covid. At Least I am home.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Nick&Bun wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:55 pm Left Manchester UK on fri 10th arrived back home in Koh Kong at sunset on Sunday 12th. No major problems encountered.
Man to Dubai to BKK to Penom Phen
1 hour layover in dubai and 14 hour layover in BKK.
Due to a massive wave of anxiety from the new covid wave I bought my ticket first then sorted the paperwork.
Tourist Evisa online and GBP45 insurance, covid test booked for a 3 hour turnaround at the airport before departure.
After reading on one of CEOs pages problems with insurance and Thai transit if not specifying Thailand on it, I purchased further insurance for the duration of my transit in Thailand, only to discover that it also did not specify the country name (only world wide) on it. I printed a copy of the insurance definition of “world wide” to prove it covered Thailand, and hoped for the best. Visa arrived in about 36 hours, I printed it in colour.
I have been doing lateral flow tests for 3 days before departure.
Receiving my negative covid test certificate and having a wet signature and stamp placed on it was the first problem to resolve, when I first asked the clerk who had given me the certificate if they would stamp and sign it they refused to sign it but said a stamp was possible. The certificate itself has a stamp and signature already on it but as it is received digitally then printed they are not “wet”. I explained that immigration in some south east countries are very particular to such details and how important this trip was to me as I was returning home to my wife and kids after being stranded in the UK for 2 years and 2 months. I then asked if they would be kind enough to take the certificate to one of the health professionals that are currently conducting the PCR tests to sign the certificate to prove it was issued by themselves. Much to my relief they were willing to go and ask their manager what should be done. I started to quietly prey to any entity that would listen. A few minutes later I received the paperwork with a wet stamp and signature on it. With gushings of almost tearful thanks I make my way toward the first flight.
A few days before all of this I had decided that taking a bag full of broken cloths halfway around the world was not worth it and that I would travel with hand luggage only.
Next step receiving my boarding passes. At checkin they checked all my paperwork ensuring I met the criteria for the final destination of Cambodia. They were very hesitant, I guess this trip was not common. It took confirmation of the manager for the checkin clerk to hand over all 3 boarding passes. Talk about cutbacks, they were printed out on thermal receipt paper, they had to survive a very long journey.
Flight Man to Dubai 20 min late taking off, with only an hour to transit that puts my very, very important smoke break at risk. Flight was packed to the rafters and with a very large helping of screaming children.
Arrived close to ontime, rushed through dubai airport, did get a smoke, i will buy a new flight if i have to. I did get my connecting flight to BKK. Flight to BKK was again full but far, far more peaceful, arrived on time. Massive anxiety about a 14 hour layover. All paperwork checked and with no problems passed into flightside at BKK airport, my home for the next 14 hours. I have seen written in many places that transit should not be more than 10 hours. I see why now, most of the shops and amenities are still being built and or renovated. Time went very slowly, no smokebreak, how badly I now need a cigarette is starting to feel dangerous.
I boarded my final leg to Phnom Penh without any problems and what felt like a blink of the eye later landed back in what I consider my adopted home country. Immigration was efficient and friendly, about 2 hours in total passed quickly. Finally first smoke in about 24 hours, starting to feel human again, the cold of british winter already a memory in the glorious 30 degree heat. A few hours in a taxi, every view out of the widow reminding me of the hundreds of small things here that I love and appreciate so much, the quiet simplicity of almost everything, the natural pace, the genuine smiles, the beautiful and dramatic landscapes and happy, happy people. Arriving back home during a perfectly timed sunset, to the arms of my family and a cold beer.
Cheers to you all and a very big thanks, as CEO was a massive help in pre planning this very important trip home.
...Update… unFing believable, after all the hoop jumping, all the testing, all the checks and “wet stamps/signatures” I have just been contacted and told to isolate for 14 days as someone on one of my flights has tested positive for covid. At Least I am home.
Very useful write up of your journey's return back to your family. I suppose if the Thai-Cambodian land border was officially open to foreigners it would have made an easier last leg of your trip from Bangkok to Koh Kong, was their no possibility of this? I have heard with the countries involved and of their agreements it is a possibility. Nevertheless, it's good to hear you made it home.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Nick&Bun
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Nick&Bun »

[/quote]
Very useful write up of your journey's return back to your family. I suppose if the Thai-Cambodian land border was officially open to foreigners it would have made an easier last leg of your trip from Bangkok to Koh Kong, was their no possibility of this? I have heard with the countries involved and of their agreements it is a possibility. Nevertheless, it's good to hear you made it home.
[/quote]

Thanks AndyKK, Hadlek / cham yeam (koh kong land boarder) probably misspelled :) is my usual entry point, BKK airport to Trat Thailand by taxi and locl minibus or taxi even once a moto then to the boarder. I had also heard it might be possible, my wife had a chat with immigration police there when I booked my flight and was told that probably soon but not yet. It was nice to experience PP airport for the first time, but I do miss greeting the immigration police at the land boarder as they have known me and my family for more than 25 years.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Nice write up Nick, unlucky about the isolation issue though but at least you’re back home 🙏🏼
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic