Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by one_dolla »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 am
one_dolla wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:46 am does anyone know the lastest requirements flying PP to Amsterdam for Covid tests. I booked the flight for an old bloke who is not computer savy and got him registered at the NMH place so he can get his 72hrs pcr test ...does he have to do any other tests....its confusing me he would not have a clue!

thanks I finally found a Netherland Gov web site that made this easy he just needs the negative PCR test, takes a couple of completed forms with him and he should be all ok. one health declaration letter and one about where he will quarantine...dont do that you get 95 euro fine....all this info is here
https://www.government.nl/topics/corona ... rom-abroad
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:04 pm
Alex wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:40 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 am France to allow UK tourists to enter if fully vaccinated

This is all well and good, but people still need to arrange PCR tests while there, more tests when they come home, passenger locator forms, plus 10 days isolation. The vast majority of people won't want all that grief for 2 weeks in the sun.

Arrivals who have had two vaccine doses will only need to show proof of negative antigen test

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... vaccinated
There's always Blackpool beckoning!
Yes, there's always the lights.

How Blackpool became a “dumping ground” for the socially excluded
Beyond the fun of Blackpool Tower and Pleasure Beach is one of England’s most deprived communities.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2 ... hts-go-out
Apparently Blackpool is a right shithole, full of drunken louts and slappers on stag/hen weekends.

I went there as a child in the 70's, my grandmother lived in Preston so family holidays always included a day to Blackpool. Those days of civilisation are long gone. Much like Southend in Essex, which is now just full of economic dross (sorry, "socially excluded")
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have been to Blackpool and surrounding areas for day trips and work over the past years, seeing the areas depreciate over time, but I think with economy on the rise and the peoples will to travel, the European beach holiday was beckoning to most being it was too the same price or even cheaper.
The East coast was more handy for myself and family, it also had the attraction of the motorcycle road racing at Scarborough. Saying that, with my work over 30 years, I don't think there is anywhere in the UK I have not been. I mean that literally, any city, town or village that has a petrol filling station, I have more likely spray painted the pump's in what livery of the company. Southend I have seen many times.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From the UK:
Fully vaccinated UK arrivals from France will not need to quarantine
Ministers ditch plans for watchlist of amber countries such as Spain
Jessica Elgot and Natalie Grover
Wed 4 Aug 2021 22.00 BST
Last modified on Thu 5 Aug 2021 05.15 BST

Millions of Britons have been given the green light to travel to Europe’s holiday hotspots, avoiding quarantine on return from France and Spain where concerns have been raised about Covid variants.

Ministers announced on Wednesday that fully vaccinated holidaymakers returning from France would no longer need to quarantine and ditched plans for a “watchlist” of amber countries such as Spain.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... quarantine
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Not sure I'd trust booking anywhere if I were living in the UK right now. Didn't I read somewhere that the government are under huge pressure to stop all this nonsense, or did I dream it?

Furious Brits flying to Mexico find out MID-AIR that the country is being put on the red list with three days notice as cost of a ticket back to UK before deadline soars to £7,000.

Thousands of British holidaymakers are stuck in Mexico - which is set to go on the red list from 4am on Sunday
They face a scramble to get back with direct flights from Mexico City to London soaring as high as £7,000
Some holidaymakers have even revealed how they found out about the red list mid-air, leaving them trapped

Furious British holidaymakers flying to Mexico have revealed how they found out that the country was being moved onto the red list mid-air. From 4am on Sunday, people returning to the UK from Mexico will have to stay in isolation in a hotel for 10 days. However, the government has been slammed for giving only three days' notice of the change, with the only direct flight from Mexico City to London before Sunday on sale for a staggering £6,878.
Travel agency CEO Paul Charles tweeted after the announcement: 'Pity poor #UK travellers in #Mexico - some 5/6,000 who have to somehow get back before hotel quarantine kicks in on Sunday. Certainly not enough seat capacity.' And holidaymakers have revealed how they found out about Mexico going red at the very last minute.
Claire, 30, from south London, said: 'I had access to the Wifi so I found out in mid air. 'I just wanted to grab the tannoy and tell everyone because I could see all these families looking forward to their holiday and it was obvious they didn't know. 'It's crazy the lack of notice. I had no inkling Mexico was about to go on the red list.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -list.html
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:52 pm Not sure I'd trust booking anywhere if I were living in the UK right now. Didn't I read somewhere that the government are under huge pressure to stop all this nonsense, or did I dream it?

Furious Brits flying to Mexico find out MID-AIR that the country is being put on the red list with three days notice as cost of a ticket back to UK before deadline soars to £7,000.

Thousands of British holidaymakers are stuck in Mexico - which is set to go on the red list from 4am on Sunday
They face a scramble to get back with direct flights from Mexico City to London soaring as high as £7,000
Some holidaymakers have even revealed how they found out about the red list mid-air, leaving them trapped

Furious British holidaymakers flying to Mexico have revealed how they found out that the country was being moved onto the red list mid-air. From 4am on Sunday, people returning to the UK from Mexico will have to stay in isolation in a hotel for 10 days. However, the government has been slammed for giving only three days' notice of the change, with the only direct flight from Mexico City to London before Sunday on sale for a staggering £6,878.
Travel agency CEO Paul Charles tweeted after the announcement: 'Pity poor #UK travellers in #Mexico - some 5/6,000 who have to somehow get back before hotel quarantine kicks in on Sunday. Certainly not enough seat capacity.' And holidaymakers have revealed how they found out about Mexico going red at the very last minute.
Claire, 30, from south London, said: 'I had access to the Wifi so I found out in mid air. 'I just wanted to grab the tannoy and tell everyone because I could see all these families looking forward to their holiday and it was obvious they didn't know. 'It's crazy the lack of notice. I had no inkling Mexico was about to go on the red list.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -list.html
That's the Daily Mail for you.

You can get a one way with BA in economy, leaving tomorrow, for a very reasonable $1294! Bargain. If you are a family of four it is going to get very expensive.

Most of these people already there will have return tickets and will be going for a date change. However, the airlines will know about the Red List change before the passengers ( a minute or two will do) and I'm sure they adjusted the fare basis well before any passengers could change their dates for a reasonable amount. They may offer free date changes but they always reserve the right to charge for any fare changes.

We’ve waived our change booking fee so you will not be charged, although you will need to pay any difference in fare.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/in ... ing#change

These BA flight from London to Mexico City were about $800 before this shitshow. They have now doubled because they will be virtually empty from London so up goes the price.

And yes @xandreu, if I were in the UK, I wouldn't bother going anywhere this summer, it's just not worth the hassle of all the bureaucracy and testing bullshit.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just a question;

international arrivals have been forced into 14-16 days quarantine for over 14 months>
while this has been a god send for the hotels participating in the scheme since no tourists arriving
i wonder if there are any stats on the number of people testing positive on arrival or after their 14 day stay ( positive on day 13)?
except for the chinese hookers in Feb

Is it really that effective in stopping covid spreading? or is it just a money maker ?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am just a question;

international arrivals have been forced into 14-16 days quarantine for over 14 months>
while this has been a god send for the hotels participating in the scheme since no tourists arriving
i wonder if there are any stats on the number of people testing positive on arrival or after their 14 day stay ( positive on day 13)?
except for the chinese hookers in Feb

Is it really that effective in stopping covid spreading? or is it just a money maker ?
Well, it is certainly a money maker for the chosen hotels.

They used to publish 'imported' cases, and name the flights they cam in on. They were typically single digit cases and before the mandatory 14 days stay, when 48 hours was enough. However the finding of a single case on a flight condemned the whole flight to the full 14 day stay. That was the nightmare scenario.

Now the imported cases are in the hundreds and are the Thai/Cambodia imports. I can't remember the last time any flight was identified as a source of a case.

Once the virus is well established in a country with widespread community transmission, like here, Thailand and Vietnam, the whole point of quarantining arrivals becomes increasingly pointless.

A test on arrival and no more than 2 days in a hotel is more than enough. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

China suspends Cambodia Airways flights over COVID-19 cases

China’s civil aviation regulator has announced the suspension of a Cambodia Airways flight after passengers tested positive for COVID-19.

The suspension of flight KR961 from Phnom Penh to Chengdu will last for two weeks, starting from Aug. 23, after five passengers tested positive on the flight on August 4, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) said Tuesday on its website.

The CAAC said that the airline is not allowed to transfer the original quota of the flights to other routes.

According to the CAAC policy, flight suspension will last two weeks if the number of passengers testing positive for COVID-19 reaches five.

Why? The airline checks the Covid-19 certificates and all other paperwork imposed by the destination country. What more can they do? Retest everyone at check-in?

Where is the justification of punishing an airline with a two week suspension?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50919122/c ... -19-cases/
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

And wouldn't they all have a pre departure negative covid test
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic