Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:40 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:12 am
BklynBoy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:58 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:30 am Still no changes to transiting through changi airport on their official website, fingers crossed it doesn't change.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airpor ... port.html
THanks bro i been checking as well. In case Eva Airlines extends the transit ban - it ends June 18th but ya never know

I just hate the Singapore 9 hour layover wtf.. but it will be what it will be

see u in quarantine... will look out for the Old Dirty Bastard joint.. !
Are you even allowed to wait for 9 hours at Changi? I thought they shepherded people, in single file, from the plane they get off and direct to their gate from which they depart. No strolling around or going for some food - from gate to gate.
That doesn't sound like a place to sit still for 9 hours, even if they allow a layover of so long.
Yes you are aloud.

All they need is beer delivered to your seat and it's as good as Harry's!

I wonder how many of those services are actually up and running, such as food delivery. Are you transiting through Changi when you come here? If so, we'll be needing a full report.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:38 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:12 am
BklynBoy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:58 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:30 am Still no changes to transiting through changi airport on their official website, fingers crossed it doesn't change.

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airpor ... port.html
THanks bro i been checking as well. In case Eva Airlines extends the transit ban - it ends June 18th but ya never know

I just hate the Singapore 9 hour layover wtf.. but it will be what it will be

see u in quarantine... will look out for the Old Dirty Bastard joint.. !
Are you even allowed to wait for 9 hours at Changi? I thought they shepherded people, in single file, from the plane they get off and direct to their gate from which they depart. No strolling around or going for some food - from gate to gate.
That doesn't sound like a place to sit still for 9 hours, even if they allow a layover of so long.
I am gonna double check but there is def a 9 hour layover. I might not have any other choice but hope Taiwan handles their shit so Eva will be good to go. I remember something like your saying about being brought to the next gate when i transited last summer

I think you're referring to the THA (Transit Holding Area) passengers from Australia, Brunei, Mainland China and New Zealand don't have to do that anymore.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Here's a video posted by @timmydownawell in another thread, but I reckon it's worth a mention here.

Cambodia is planning to allow in tourists who can prove they have been vaccinated and will not be subject to full 14 day quarantine. Details are thin, but it is a move in the right direction.

Let's see how many country's recognise and accept a Cambodian vaccination card as reliable proof and will reciprocate. I have said before, it will take far longer for agreement between nations as to what is acceptable proof of vaccination (and acceptable vaccine too), than it did to actually develop the vaccine.

Let's start with Thailand. Will fully vaccinated Cambodians (or westerners with the little blue card) be able to fly into Bangkok with nothing more than a pre-flight PCR or antigen test? And will they be able to fly back to PP and just breeze through the airport like they were getting off the bus?

xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 am Here's a video posted by @timmydownawell in another thread, but I reckon it's worth a mention here.

Cambodia is planning to allow in tourists who can prove they have been vaccinated and will not be subject to full 14 day quarantine. Details are thin, but it is a move in the right direction.

Let's see how many country's recognise and accept a Cambodian vaccination card as reliable proof and will reciprocate. I have said before, it will take far longer for agreement between nations as to what is acceptable proof of vaccination (and acceptable vaccine too), than it did to actually develop the vaccine.

Let's start with Thailand. Will fully vaccinated Cambodians (or westerners with the little blue card) be able to fly into Bangkok with nothing more than a pre-flight PCR or antigen test? And will they be able to fly back to PP and just breeze through the airport like they were getting off the bus?

Got a bit excited there. I put more stock in the Cambodian tourist authority than that joke of a tourism authority in Thailand. The timing could work out well too if it's Q4. Every day it's becoming clearer that I'll have to get my (widely available, WHO-approved) vaccine shots in Canada. Have to go there in September-October anyway for lots of reasons. Then I just may shoot back to SEA, destination Phnom Penh, as long as they don't change the retirement visa offerings.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:18 pm
Well, that is good news. They cold of just closed it and then figured it out, but it seems they are working through it.

I assume you are transiting through there?
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

SR just extended a 2 week ban on all alcohol sales from any business.
Tossed in a no music or good times clause.
The rainy season is here and the roads are a mess.
Who would want to come here?
This 4th quarter nonsense is a fairy tale.
What tourist would want to come here????
I do not even go out to bars ...have plenty of Whisky...
I don't see banning beer as a way of stopping china virus when chinese and big shots just break all the fucking rules anyway..
The virus is spreading every day and you never see an old barang on the list.
Irony Man
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Irony Man »

Biffsm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 am This 4th quarter nonsense is a fairy tale.
Even if vaccinated tourists are allowed, they will probably still need to take a test, and will be quarantined if they fail. I can't see many tourists willing to take that risk.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Irony Man wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 am
Biffsm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 am This 4th quarter nonsense is a fairy tale.
Even if vaccinated tourists are allowed, they will probably still need to take a test, and will be quarantined if they fail. I can't see many tourists willing to take that risk.

Vaccine passports are 12 months if not longer away IMO
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Yes, 12 months probable though maybe less.
Let's see how many country's recognise and accept a Cambodian vaccination card as reliable proof and will reciprocate.
I think all will.
The economy will come into sharp focus soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic