Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by ssian »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:58 pm I'm putting my chances of actually getting out of here and gaining entry into another host country at 70/30
you should be fine transferring through Singapore as they were in lock down last year when they started allowing flight transfers.
They are actually having lock down now...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cases-rise
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

ssian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:53 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:58 pm I'm putting my chances of actually getting out of here and gaining entry into another host country at 70/30
you should be fine transferring through Singapore as they were in lock down last year when they started allowing flight transfers.
They are actually having lock down now...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cases-rise
yes I know
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 am
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 am ATTENTION: Singapore's Changi Airport, major SEA air hub, is reporting Covid- 19 clusters.

Singapore back in near-lockdown mode
Dining in banned after airport cluster raises alarm, travel bubble with Hong Kong in jeopardy
published : 14 May 2021 at 20:47

Singapore is returning to the lockdown-like conditions it last imposed a year ago, banning dining-in and limiting gatherings to two people, as a rising number of untraceable virus infections pressures one of the most successful places in the world at Covid containment.

For four weeks from May 16 to June 13, gathering sizes as well as household visitors will be cut to a maximum of two people from five people now, working from home will be the default, and food places can only do takeaways and deliveries, the health ministry said in a statement on Friday. The resurgence is also putting a highly anticipated travel bubble with Hong Kong in doubt.

“A pattern of local unlinked community cases has emerged and is persisting,” the statement said. “We need to act decisively to contain these risks as any one leak could result in an uncontrolled resurgence of cases.”

The country recorded 24 new virus cases locally on Friday, with more than half coming from a cluster originating from Changi Airport. The number of unlinked infections — the most concerning to officials as they signal undetected spread in the community — has risen to 15 in the past week from 7 in the week before, the health ministry had said Thursday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/21159 ... kdown-mode
I hope the airport is still open for transit! im assuming it probably is.
That was my thought exactly. If they track this back from transit, bye bye Changi transit.

When are you flying?
Friday
I'm thinking of getting out on Wednesday, gonna book my flight on the day of departure.
Doc if you are flying into Heathrow be prepared to line up in arrivals with all those from red list countries. I just heard on the news of a women who flew in from India last week she said she spent 4 hours in line at arrivals with passengers from all over the world, no distancing, before taking a bus to the quarantine hotel
Frankl
Expatriate

Post by Frankl »

Just for your Information, if thinking of travel you might need to consider the developing situation in UK.

"The final stage of the lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions across England could face “serious disruption” due to the India variant, the prime minister has warned, as he announced plans to accelerate the vaccine programme to curb its spread. --"https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... is-johnson

"Ravi Gupta, professor of clinical microbiology at Cambridge university and one of the leading scientists investigating new strains of Sars-Cov-2, told the Financial Times he had identified “worrying” cases of post-vaccination infection involving at least one of the new variants first identified in India — B.1.617.2.

At one care home in Delhi, 33 staff members who had been fully vaccinated with the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab tested positive for the B. 1.617.2 strain, he said, though none became seriously ill. “We thought everyone would be protected [but] the virus was able to get around the vaccine,” Gupta said.

Gupta’s findings add to the many reports in the Indian media of fully-vaccinated doctors and medical workers testing positive for Covid-19 over the past two months, as the country has been slammed by a ferocious second wave of infections.--"https://www.ft.com/content/5f742765-61a ... 119cd7d46c
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Things are moving fast. We partly open up on Monday and then further on June 23. Should things go the wrong way in the next couple of weeks then it could all be revoked. It's anyones guess what this summer will bring. :(
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:50 pm Things are moving fast. We partly open up on Monday and then further on June 23. Should things go the wrong way in the next couple of weeks then it could all be revoked. It's anyones guess what this summer will bring. :(
This is becoming a big concern for me. I am planning to go to UK next week, get fully jabbed up over the next 2 months plus a couple of weeks for 'full' protection (looking less dependable right now).

That puts me in the UK at the end of July and about to leave and head for Mexico. This is my only way into South America (see below). This will be about the time when another outbreak could be raging with this Indian variant. India has been quarantined by the rest of the world, with no flights or travellers that have been there for 14+ days.

If the UK becomes the next hotspot for the Indian variant, it could find itself in the same position as India with countries closing their borders. Remember, UK travellers are still bared from entry to many countries because of the Kent variant, even though that is now global. South America nations, except Mexico, are in this group. Even Brazil still bars UK flights because of the Kent variant.

These 'No-Fly' bans tend to stick around long beyond the point of them. I could get stuck in the UK for a long time.
Last edited by Doc67 on Sun May 16, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 am
Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 am

I hope the airport is still open for transit! im assuming it probably is.
That was my thought exactly. If they track this back from transit, bye bye Changi transit.

When are you flying?
Friday
I'm thinking of getting out on Wednesday, gonna book my flight on the day of departure.
Doc if you are flying into Heathrow be prepared to line up in arrivals with all those from red list countries. I just heard on the news of a women who flew in from India last week she said she spent 4 hours in line at arrivals with passengers from all over the world, no distancing, before taking a bus to the quarantine hotel
My prospective flight is very early, preceded only by one from Melbourne, and then at my arrival time with two others from Chicago and Kuala Lumpur. I am hoping (praying) that arrivals will not be too busy.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:41 am
My prospective flight is very early, preceded only by one from Melbourne, and then at my arrival time with two others from Chicago and Kuala Lumpur. I am hoping (praying) that arrivals will not be too busy.
You don't need to worry about mingling with pax from Melbourne (no Covid there), and I doubt there will be many coming from there in any case. But that won't be a direct flight, it must be stopping somewhere en route.
Chicago not too risky.
KL is a different story.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 am
You don't need to worry about mingling with pax from Melbourne (no Covid there), and I doubt there will be many coming from there in any case. But that won't be a direct flight, it must be stopping somewhere en route.
Chicago not too risky.
KL is a different story.
It's a codeshare with China Eastern and goes from Melbourne to Perth, then from Perth direct to London.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:13 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 am
Chicago not too risky.
KL is a different story.
It's a codeshare with China Eastern and goes from Melbourne to Perth, then from Perth direct to London.
What date you flying out, maybe see you at the airport don't forget us we like updates on your travel/lockdown adventures
Funny we arrived last year about the same time and leaving same time
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic