Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:26 pm wonder why the us with the highest rate of infections and deaths is NOT on the list?

Political?
It's the new variant that is the driver, the South African and the Brazilian one. Of course, this has been found in countries not on the list so the list will be expanded in the near future.

Scotland, being determined to disagree with absolutely everything that Westminster does, have decided that ALL international arrivals will be placed in managed quarantine including all arrivals via England and Ireland who's final destination is Scotland, and they must be quarantined on arrival. Passengers saying nothing about going onto Scotland will easily get you off that hook.

It will soon descend into a farce with all international flights to Scotland being empty and flights to Newcastle, Manchester etc becoming much fuller with out kilt wearing cousins doing the equivalent of the Dublin Dodge.

I would just quarantine everyone with a Scottish accent. See how they like that!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/tra ... r-BB1dxl4f
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

16-Feb-2021 3:08 AM
Canada now requiring negative COVID-19 test for international arrivals

Canada's Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair, via his official Twitter account, announced (15-Feb-2021) travellers entering Canada must have proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test conducted within 72 hours of arrival, effective 15-Feb-2021.
Travellers who try to enter without proof of a negative test can face a fine of up to CAD3000 or criminal prosecution.
https://centreforaviation.com/news
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

What’s CAD3000
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:18 am What’s CAD3000
Was that a bit tricky at 4.18am? :D

It's morning now, wanna have a stab at it?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:15 am
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:18 am What’s CAD3000
Was that a bit tricky at 4.18am? :D

It's morning now, wanna have a stab at it?
Yea , i was a bit cornfused a couple minutes before my medicine time , then I figgered it out and tried to edit but i am not allowed to do what you “ normal “ __ ( I can’t say because i am on constant mod review so i don’t rate the same as ___ ( you ) do
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Just thought I'd put a copy of Doc's post from another topic as it's relevant here too. No doubt there will be ongoing news re vaccine passports as it relates to travel.

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:52 am I was unsure where to put this story, but this seems as good a place as any. Once one block adopts the concept more will surely follow. How they all link up and exchange acceptable data will be fun.

Vaccine passports 'WILL be here by summer' say EU leaders

EU leaders have agreed to introduce vaccine passports by the summer in a boost to Britons planning holidays on Europe's beaches.

Having suffered its deepest recession to date and still floundering on the rollout of its vaccination programme, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that 'everyone agreed that we need a digital vaccination certificate' programme during a virtual summit.

But Merkel admitted technical work on the vaccine 'passports' by the EU Commission would take three months to complete, meaning it would not be ready when Britain could start easing international travel restrictions in May.

It comes following pressure from southern European countries to have schemes in place to help safely kickstart their tourism-dependent economies.

Greece officials plan to have the country open by May, and want a scheme that will allow entry to people who have received both doses of an approved Covid vaccine.

The country's government is reportedly considering plans to open its borders to vaccinated Brits that month, which could put it in conflict with EU plans on foreign travel.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/va ... 1e1SYe_1|3
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:23 pm
I would just quarantine everyone with a Scottish accent. See how they like that!
Some Italian bloke, Adrian, tried that a while back.
Didn’t work, I believe.

I think he sold the idea and patent to some American politician. Could be wrong...
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

I'm praying for the quarentine periods to be removed for those vaccinated with ones like pfizer, how realistic does that seem in the medium term? 2k USD is rather steep.
:thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

KTabi wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:41 am I'm praying for the quarentine periods to be removed for those vaccinated with ones like pfizer, how realistic does that seem in the medium term? 2k USD is rather steep.
It's not you being vaccinated that will make them get rid of the quarantine, it's when the people here are vaccinated. And that's going to be quite a while yet. Any mutation that evades the current vaccine will cause more delays.

I can't see the quarantine ending before 2022.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

KTabi wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:41 am I'm praying for the quarentine periods to be removed for those vaccinated with ones like pfizer, how realistic does that seem in the medium term? 2k USD is rather steep.
My guess is it’s rather unrealistic for that to happen within the next 3 to 6 months. Latter part of 2021 maybe.

It’s not so much your vaccination that matters, it’s how many people in Cambodia will have been vaccinated. And that seems to be going reaaaaaaaly slow...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic