Canadian TONY COSTIE Arrested in Siem Reap for Overstayed Visa (UPDATE: Deported & Banned for 1 Year)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Canadian TONY COSTIE Arrested in Siem Reap for Overstayed Visa (UPDATE: Deported & Banned for 1 Year)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: A 52-year-old Canadian man, identified as Tony Costie, was taken into custody in Siem Reap yesterday, after immigration officials visited the rented room where the man was living with his Cambodian girlfriend.
The Canadian entered the Kingdom of Cambodia in March 2019, and did not have enough money to extend his visa, so he stayed on illegally. He has now been sent to the deportation office of the Siem Reap Immigration Department to have his case processed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Canadian TONY COSTIE Arrested in Siem Reap for Overstayed Visa

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: " He didn't have enough money to get his visa renewed"
This is vintage ,genuine black humor. These clowns are just plain D U M B.Send him back to his mummy
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

So he did not have enough money to renew his visa, but he did have enough money to stay here illegally for almost a year? someon do the maths
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

MarkRobinson wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:43 am :dragonchase: " He didn't have enough money to get his visa renewed"
This is vintage ,genuine black humor. These clowns are just plain D U M B.Send him back to his mummy

Exactly right. I like Air Aisa. "Now everyone can fly" No. Some should stay in whatever Florida they live in.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I'm amazed he didn't lose his passport.
You could be next.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I would like to know why they went to his house.
Was it a door to door check?
I was visited in Kampong Cham ten days ago by the local police and they took pics of my passport, visa and asked questions of my Khmer wife.
After jotting something in a well used notebook, they asked to pose with me for some snap shots.
I had walked across the village to a wedding in the morning and apparently brought this on.
But, 2 years ago, the police just waved to me while I was walking from the Pagoda.
Maybe, the guesthouse called them for unpaid rent?
He needed to set aside a dollar a day for his visa extension....
soeurm
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by soeurm »

No money no Honey
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I was conflating a great gangster name like Big Fat 'Tony' Costie-ello with some gangland legends.

Disappointing to see short pants and flip flops and a fucking overstay..

Instead of....

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On March 13, 2020, at 10:45 am, Siem Reap Airport police collaborated with the operation of the department of investigation and procedures, and deported the Canadian man, TONY COSTIE, 52 years old, from Siem Reap to Canada through flight no. KA-249(REP-HKG). He was banned from Cambodia for 1 year.

The Canadian man was arrested on February 26, 2020, for living illegally in Cambodia.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Marty wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:59 am Exactly right. I like Air Aisa. "Now everyone can fly" No. Some should stay in whatever Surrey BC they live in.
ftfy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic