Taking a shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Taking a shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

Post by kritsana77 »

Hello I want to take the shuttle bus from Swampy to Pattaya Friday at 8 pm. I Googled it and got the name of one company. Has anyone taken the shuttle before? Thank you
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Taking a shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

kritsana77 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm Hello I want to take the shuttle bus from Swampy to Pattaya Friday at 8 pm. I Googled it and got the name of one company. Has anyone taken the shuttle before? Thank you
I regularly use the one operated by Roong Reung bus company on level 1 of the airport terminal, excellent service and the final stop in Jomtien is right next to my Condo so a door to door service for me.

Is there anything specific you need to know?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:53 pm
kritsana77 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm Hello I want to take the shuttle bus from Swampy to Pattaya Friday at 8 pm. I Googled it and got the name of one company. Has anyone taken the shuttle before? Thank you
I regularly use the one operated by Roong Reung bus company on level 1 of the airport terminal, excellent service and the final stop in Jomtien is right next to my Condo so a door to door service for me.

Is there anything specific you need to know?
kritsana77: It really depends on where you are going.

The airport to Jomtien shuttle bus stops at Hwy 7 (near North Road) and Sukhumvit, then Pattaya Klang (Central Road) and Sukhumvit, then onto to the bus terminal on Thappraya Road in Jomtien. If you just have a backpack, you can get off at either of these, although I'd recommend Pattaya Klang. Cross Suk. Take a moto taxi or walk down to Big C Extra on Klang and grab the baht bus to Buakhao or Beach Road.

I'll stop there because to help you, I would need to know your destination.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

bells travel is the one i use. takes you to central pattaya then minibus direct to your accomodation but their last bus is 18.00. might be useful on your return. 250 baht i think but it is door to door
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The airport to Jomtien shuttle bus is a cheap and excellent service, no fuss and no messing about, runs every hour, but I forget the last bus time, 11pm I think. So easy to use this service and its as quick has using the taxi.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

Thank you for the responses. I will take the Roong shuttle. I want to go Soi Buakos so I will get off opposite Big C and take Songtow. Thanks again.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I have a friend who recently took a shuttle from Suvarnaphumi to Pattaya operated by a company called Devils Den, he highly recommended it.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm I have a friend who recently took a shuttle from Suvarnaphumi to Pattaya operated by a company called Devils Den, he highly recommended it.
And here it is, would be a good start to the trip :whip:

The Devil's Den Bus offers two routes; between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Pattaya, and between Bangkok and Pattaya. Both trips take between 90 minutes and two hours depending on traffic. The price for either route, with refreshments and travel attendant's is just 14,000 baht.

https://devilsdenvipbus.com/vip-bus.html
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

The Pattaya buses and vans are on the ground level north side (side closest to Bangkok), it would be impossible to miss them. You buy the ticket inside at the north end of the terminal and the buses/vans are outside near the taxis on the ground level.

I know your feeling, I was paranoid flying in Phnom Penh, but finding transportation to Pattaya is easy. You shouldn't have any problems.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Has anybody really taken a taxi from the airport to their Pattaya hotel that really takes as long as a bus does ?

I know every time I take the Bells bus, it takes a lot longer than 80-90mins :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic