Taking a shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Taking a shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya

Post by Yerg »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm I have a friend who recently took a shuttle from Suvarnaphumi to Pattaya operated by a company called Devils Den, he highly recommended it.
And here it is, would be a good start to the trip :whip:

The Devil's Den Bus offers two routes; between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Pattaya, and between Bangkok and Pattaya. Both trips take between 90 minutes and two hours depending on traffic. The price for either route, with refreshments and travel attendant's is just 14,000 baht.

https://devilsdenvipbus.com/vip-bus.html
Went on a stag do and the whole group went to Patts via Devil's Den. 90-120 minutes has got bugger-all to do with traffic :evil:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

kritsana77 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11 pm Thank you for the responses. I will take the Roong shuttle. I want to go Soi Buakos so I will get off opposite Big C and take Songtow. Thanks again.
Don't arrive at rush hour. i had to walk that once because all the songtow were full!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 am Has anybody really taken a taxi from the airport to their Pattaya hotel that really takes as long as a bus does ?

I know every time I take the Bells bus, it takes a lot longer than 80-90mins :)
No I agree with you and the Roong Reuang bus in question normally takes 2 hours going from Bangkok to the end destination in Jomtien, about 15 minutes slower than the opposite direction due to the stops and unloading of luggage. Apart from the cost saving 130 baht compared to circa 1,200 baht and convenient end location for me, I prefer the bus because it goes at a reasonable steady speed rather than the unpredictable and faster driving of airport taxis. I've had some bad ones over the years when I used to use them before the bus service started and if arriving at night post bus times nowadays I use a Pattaya firm that employs only female drivers as I find them to be much better and safer drivers.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

kritsana77 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm Hello I want to take the shuttle bus from Swampy to Pattaya Friday at 8 pm. I Googled it and got the name of one company. Has anyone taken the shuttle before? Thank you
Welcome to Thailand. So finally how was it? Smooth sailing?
ManMorris
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ManMorris »

So how was the shuttle bus?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 am
jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 am Has anybody really taken a taxi from the airport to their Pattaya hotel that really takes as long as a bus does ?

I know every time I take the Bells bus, it takes a lot longer than 80-90mins :)
No I agree with you and the Roong Reuang bus in question normally takes 2 hours going from Bangkok to the end destination in Jomtien, about 15 minutes slower than the opposite direction due to the stops and unloading of luggage. Apart from the cost saving 130 baht compared to circa 1,200 baht and convenient end location for me, I prefer the bus because it goes at a reasonable steady speed rather than the unpredictable and faster driving of airport taxis. I've had some bad ones over the years when I used to use them before the bus service started and if arriving at night post bus times nowadays I use a Pattaya firm that employs only female drivers as I find them to be much better and safer drivers.
I stayed over in Bangkok on my travels last to Cambodia, had a female moto dop to take me on my travels around the city, and when I went for the big bus, from the city to Trat, did notice they were checking the drivers paperwork and breathalysing them also at the start and end of the journey.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic