British Expat PAUL RAYMOND GREEN Dies of Heart Attack in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Expat PAUL RAYMOND GREEN Dies of Heart Attack in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, Siem Reap: The death of a British man was reported at 5:20am on Monday, 24 February 2020 at Siem Reap Referral Hospital.
The deceased man, PAUL RAYMOND GREEN , was a British national born in 1956, who had been living in Siem Reap for three years. He was admitted to hospital with chest pains, and according to the Siem Reap court's doctor, Dr. Ichbar Chhorth, he died of a heart attack.

After the autopsy and the record of the authorities, the body was taken to Stung Meanchey in Phnom Penh. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Glen05
Tourist
Philippines

Re: British Expat PAUL RAYMOND GREEN Dies of Heart Attack in Siem Reap

Post by Glen05 »

Hello, i am a friend of this guy we’ve known each other almost 4 or 5 years now. We were talking often online thru whatsapp or email. I wasn’t sure if this is My Friend Paul but after i saw his Birthdate I confirmed it was him. We were talking last February 20 about phone because his phone was stolen and He is planning to get a new one so he asked me what brand of phone is the best. After February 20 he didn’t replied my last email, I waited for day but there’s still no reply from him that time i was so worried because that time he was very ill, he has cold and cough. Anyway i still sending him emails quite often, also search him on Facebook even though i know he has no Facebook, also search him thru internet like google but nothing come out till now i search his name and the address In Cambodia and saw this. I was hurt and sad that a dear friend of mine died alone. He is a good man. But sometimes grumpy. It gives me a heartache to know this.
if you can help me, please i want to get it touch to the people who take him to the hospital.
Glen05
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Glen05 »

Rest In Peace my Friend you will always me in my memories. 😢
J21H21
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by J21H21 »

Glen05 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:17 pm Rest In Peace my Friend you will always me in my memories. 😢
I am sorry you were unable to be there for your friend. I hope you find some solace in the good memories, and may your friend rest in peace. Something similar happened to me a long time ago. It was hard to make sense of it. Best regards to you.
Nofe
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Nofe »

R.I.P😢
leofrancislion
Tourist
Hong Kong

Post by leofrancislion »

Learnt of Paul’s death today although, as we had not been able to make contact for several months and knowing of his condition, we feared the worst. A close friend of some 40 years, I first met in Saudi teaching English to police cadets. A long time ago... Requiescat in Pace, dear Friend. We miss you. Leo and Vicky
Christie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Christie »

Hello, my name is Jeannie Christie I am messaging on behalf of my brother Greg Christie who is blind so finds this kind of thing difficult. He and Paul had been friends from back at secondary school, we all grew up in the same village in Yorkshire and he was chief usher at Greg's wedding. We were so saddened to find out that Paul had passed away, he was a great character and is sorely missed. We understand Paul's ashes were laid to rest in a temple? Please could you advise which one? If anyone has any memories of Paul they would like to share I would love to pass them on to my brother. Many thanks.
Last edited by Christie on Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Christie »

leofrancislion wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:16 am Learnt of Paul’s death today although, as we had not been able to make contact for several months and knowing of his condition, we feared the worst. A close friend of some 40 years, I first met in Saudi teaching English to police cadets. A long time ago... Requiescat in Pace, dear Friend. We miss you. Leo and Vicky
Hello, I have put a post on the stream regarding Paul. I am messaging on behalf of my brother Greg Christie who is blind so finds this difficult. He had known Paul since secondary school days and was saddened to hear of his death. He does remember him talking about you Leo and would love to share a memory or two about Paul with you. He lives in Scotland UK as do I and really the best way for him to communicate is via his mobile phone which he has asked me to give you +447847354586 thank you. It would mean a great deal him.
leofrancislion
Tourist
Hong Kong

Post by leofrancislion »

Hello Christie, Thank you for getting in touch. I'll call your brother asap. I have noted the phone number. Kind regards, Leo
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^ Sorry for your loss, friends of Paul. It's tough to come across such news on an online forum. It's happened to me too, so I do know the feeling. Still, I hope this thread will at least give his friends some closure and some connection.
Condolences and best to all, AM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic